Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    A lot of people like to be optimistic with Holmes as the GM and looks like Campbell is the favorite for HC. I can't help but that neither of these guys have true experience with either job, and they are going to be on the job learning essentially. It is pathetic how this organization cannot get any solid candidates with real experience and success.

I predict if Campbell is hired it'll be another circus like Quintricia was, lasting 3-4 years and then a cycle of firing.
    I think you're probably right but don't forget the hire of Steve Marinucci a while back. He had plenty of experience and some success. How did that work out?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    You obviously cared enough to comment.
    Only because I like following what's happening in Detroit from my hole-in-the-wall out west.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think you're probably right but don't forget the hire of Steve Marinucci a while back. He had plenty of experience and some success. How did that work out?
    Campbell had some experience as the interim coach for the Dolphins. Things were a total mess and he restored morale and team unity. Where he was lacking was in game management and clock management. He needs a bench coach to handle these things for him. He is a motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Campbell had some experience as the interim coach for the Dolphins. Things were a total mess and he restored morale and team unity. Where he was lacking was in game management and clock management. He needs a bench coach to handle these things for him. He is a motivator.
    I like the hire. I would have way preferred Urban Meyer, but the Lions were never going to get him. I think Campbell is a good choice, considering what was available.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I like the hire. I would have way preferred Urban Meyer, but the Lions were never going to get him. I think Campbell is a good choice, considering what was available.
    They said the same about Patricia because he was Belichick's DC, and he was a disaster. I'm for giving anyone a chance, but these hirings are B.S. because no black or hispanic coaches or coordinators are given a shot at it. The "Rooney Rule" is a joke. Campbell or anyone else has his hands full turning this ragamuffin franchise around
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-18-21 at 10:56 PM.

It's official...

Dan Campbell is Head Coach of the Detroit Lions.

And the Bobby Layne Curse continues.

It's Matty Patty all over again.

Oh sigh!
    Last edited by Danny; January-21-21 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's official...

Dan Campbell is Head Coach of the Detroit Lions.

And the Bobby Layne Curse continues.

It's Matty Patty all over again.

Oh sigh!

Agreed. I don't know if any of you listen to Valenti, I know a lot of people get butt hurt by him but he makes valid points. The Lions job is a rebuild and just isn't seen as a desirable job, so we get all these people with no experience, just have to get lucky one of these days.

One positive note:

Appears the losing/loser coaching staff, including the interim HC from the former regime, were pink-slipped "only" after 3 consecutive years of finishing in last place [[big toilet flush).

Waiting to see if the same haircut applies to some of the toothless players. . . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's time for a new topic the 2021 Detroit Lions.
    Take the lead young man !

Just when I thought former Lions coaches and executives come here to die, up pops Martin Mayhew as the new GM of the Washington Football Team.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17