Good job that the city has taken the lead in the province in shutting down all public transit and parks in Windsor over COVID-19.

Not sure why Detroit and Toronto don't do the same with public transit. People are supposed to remain at home to self-isolate. Bus services in the province were blocked off from the front half of the bus so you can only sit in the back half, which causes more crowding on the bus. How are you supposed to maintain a distance of 2 meters from everybody on the bus? One infected person goes on the bus and everybody on the bus will be infected.

I don't think the worst part is here yet as they've now discovered a second, more aggressive and deadly mutant strain of COVID-19 in China.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...-fe23c04c1b94/

COVID-19 concerns force shutdowns of Transit Windsor, playgrounds

Author of the article:
Brian Cross

City bus service is shutting down at the end of the weekend and playground structures are off limits immediately, in measures announced Thursday in response to the COVID-19 crisis.

After lengthy conversations with the Medical Officer of Health Dr. Wajid Ahmed,Mayor Drew Dilkens ordered the temporary suspension of Transit Windsor operations, starting when normal service ends on Sunday. The suspension, which will last at least until April 13, is necessary to safeguard the health of riders and drivers alike and lower the risk of spreading the virus.

“I recognize that despite the health warnings and advice, many in our community still rely on Transit Windsor for their daily needs,” Dilkens said in a news release.

“But, the risks associated with COVID-19 outweigh the inconvenience this shutdown will cause.

As the seriousness of this global pandemic continues to become apparent, as mayor of Windsor, I plan to do everything within my power to protect the health of local residents.”