Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I read recently [[can't remember where) that the Big 3 could all remain profitable in a 11 million car sale per year market. Considering we have been in the 17-18M per year ballpark, unless things seriously fall off, I can see them all weathering the storm and coming back online at full production in 3Q.

Watching the DOW ticker on GM and Ford is quite tempting to throw some money at their stock, not quite yet, but pretty soon.
    If you are day trading or short term,but all it takes is one piece of good information and the market shoots up overnight,tough to judge when the bottom will be,stocks being long term it does not really matter if they fluctuate month to month.

You are looking at 10-15 years down the road..

I guess we will find out what happens either way a couple of months from now.

Ford's stock soars 41% in 2 days, the biggest 2-day gain since Thanksgiving 2008
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fo...008-2020-03-25

Coronavirus ventilators: Australian government asks carmaker Ford for help in boosting production
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ing-production
    Last edited by Metro25; March-26-20 at 12:52 AM.

Richard, I agree that it's impossible to time the market but if someone has a few years until retirement they can dollar cost average back into the market. [[Buy a set dollar amount like $100 or $1,000 each day or week over a period of time. When price goes up, you buy less of an investment, when it goes down, you purchase more. Same dollar amount going in).

Index funds safest, then sector funds, then individual stocks riskiest. Indeed Ford is extremely low and a small investment might be wise.

Interesting how Ford/FCA are already sending out plant re-start dates and GM is postponing them further.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Is it just me or does every thread turn into an all out war with Richard?
    lol. As I was reading down the thread I was thinking something similar then I ran into this post. LOL. Total troll for lack of a better word. Plus I dont want to get kicked out again, but OMG with this guy This place has got alot more 4chanish with all the shitposting these days.

Feds will pay GM $489 million to make 30,000 ventilators by August
    https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/04...tract-with-gm/

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Feds will pay GM $489 million to make 30,000 ventilators by August
    https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/04...tract-with-gm/
    That's interesting. NY Governor Cuomo was complaining several weeks ago in a press conference that the prices of available ventilators skyrocketed from $20K to $50K when COVID 19 broke out, and GM is building them under the Defense Production Act for $16,300.00 a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    That's interesting. NY Governor Cuomo was complaining several weeks ago in a press conference that the prices of available ventilators skyrocketed from $20K to $50K when COVID 19 broke out, and GM is building them under the Defense Production Act for $16,300.00 a unit.
    Turns out they had enough as it was,premature freaking out.

They are saying that the US manufacturers 14,000 ventilators per year before the virus hit,most hospitals only had a couple on hand.

If GM has geared up with mass production the states need to build up their stockpiles for future events,but the same thing will happen as before,it cost money to maintain and store and states are tight on money when it comes to preparing for the future.

It’s like the masks,hospitals were ordering 300,000 free from the government then selling them out the back door for profit on the open market,same with ventilators and driving up the prices.

States were stocked up from lessons learned in the past,but if no virus comes around for a few years they quickly forget.

New York made the decision not to stock more ventilators back in 2015 based on they would not be able to find enough technicians to operate them.

You would think they would cross train instead of everybody has their specific duty.

It would be nice if GM could make enough to build a nice stockpile but as soon as this passes they will be back to cars,because of the existing ventilator manufacturers would be saying that it would put them out of business.

That is a lot of money spent and now they are saying they do not even need 1/2 of the ventilators that they thought they did.

GM will be geared up in time for no demand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3