Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast

Look on the back of a Lysol can,it has had disinfects Coronavirus for at least 5 years,this is a new strain or variation.

Default Pistons' Christian Wood, NBA player with coronavirus, recovers

Finally a glimmer of good news

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Look on the back of a Lysol can,it has had disinfects Coronavirus for at least 5 years,this is a new strain or variation.

Where can I find a Lysol can?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Where can I find a Lysol can?
    Here put your bid in over $25 per can,they cannot charge for price gouging when it is bidding,insanity.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lysol-Neutr....c100935.m2460

Baby/ body wipes are now a fortune! Not to mention $18+ just to ship a 3-pack!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGGIES-Ref...60e5419e4a83cc
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-26-20 at 10:34 AM.

Coronavirus spreading faster in here than nearly anywhere in the US...

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/coronavirus-spreading-faster-detroit-nearly-anywhere-united-states

Someone on another blog compared our numbers to be heading to those like New York. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/coronavirus-spreading-faster-detroit-nearly-anywhere-united-states

Someone on another blog compared our numbers to be heading to those like New York. Thoughts?
    Lots of sources. Lots of doom and gloom. click,click.click

Well, we are ramping up testing, like New York did. And just because we are finally "confirming" a lot more cases doesn't mean they are "spreading" at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Well, we are ramping up testing, like New York did. And just because we are finally "confirming" a lot more cases doesn't mean they are "spreading" at that rate.
    Let’s not sugarcoat it. Detroit has more than its fair share of the population that is living in low income situations, which being low income often leads to life situations causing obesity and other underlying health problems. This virus is going to hit here harder than most places because of that. While the virus can kill and hospitalize anyone, the people in poorer health tend to fare worse. That is both what is, and what will be happening here.

Detroit is going to fare worse from this virus than the national average because of the immense poverty in the city. Just about every crisis hits the poor harder, this is no different.
    Last edited by Atticus; March-26-20 at 03:24 PM.

Future COVID-19 cases in the U.S.

April 150,000,

After April 13th 356,998

May 765,565,

June 1,756,098,

July 1,999,666,

August 2,109,675,

September 2,119,908,

October 2,169,078,

November 2,180,987,

December 2,265,432,

January of 2021, 2,456,987,

February 2,674,987,

March 3,198,777,

April 3,550,001

Vaccine approved by FDA millions of Americans are getting vaccinated. COVID-19 cases are going down fast.

In the meantime we be looking at more funerals this year than weddings.
    Last edited by Danny; March-26-20 at 06:27 PM.

The U.S. just passed China in COVID-19 cases 83,000 for us.

PLEASE STAY HOME AMERICANS!!! IT'S DEATH OUT THERE TODAY.

THE BIOLOGICAL FALLOUT CONTINUES.

Default Local, National And World Covid Stories - Mar. 26, 2020

DETROIT-WINDSOR METRO + MICHIGAN

• Detroit COVID19 cases rising faster than initially in NYC
    • Whitmer says she sent request to president for major disaster declaration
    • MI system for filing unemployment claims is overwhelmed, but ‘keep trying’ state says.
    • death trajectory is steepest in the world, Michigan’s is steepest in the USA [[ny times). Could be an artifact of testing numbers; suspicion surrounding transparency of red states.
    • Novi nurse confesses of situation at her hospital, called in on her off shift, intubated 2 patients within 30 minutes; her patient took the last available ventilator at 7AM. Supplies are gone, out of tylenol, fentanyl, life and death triage is in effect. N95 masks are assigned to nurses for the entire year. https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-GX-D1DKJ_/
    • Southeast Michigan hospitals overwhelmed with COVID19 patients will begin shifting them to other hospitals around the state
    • Ford to restart US truck plants in April to beat pandemic linked cash squeeze
    • Canada tells US not to put troops at border during pandemic citing that the strategy would damage relations between the allies

REST OF THE WORLD

• 521k confirmed cases, 12.5k deaths, 122k recoveries, ~386k open cases. Numbers subject to nations’ transparency and testing bandwidth.
    • Many countries touting a ‘3 week’ timeline for the virus crisis some consider the apex to be 3 weeks out, others expect to be through the pandemic by then.
    • Concerns of second waves resulting from early lockdown continue to circulate
    • NYC state to allow two patients to share a single ventilator
    • NYC hospitals officially deemed ‘overwhelmed’
    • Fauci warns nation ‘prepare for outbreaks like New York’s in other states’
    • US Doctors warn, complain that COVID19 death numbers are not consistent
    • US stocks rise after historically high jobless claims; bad news offset by coronavirus relief bil clearing the Senate 960. The House aims to pass the bill with a vocal vote tomorrow, 3/27, at 9am EST. President has indicated that he will sign immediately. .
    • James Dyson designs new ventilator in 10 days, is making 15k for patients
    • Immigration Detainees are on a hunger strike, demanding release in lieu of crisis
    • Protestors block lanes on the Mexico side of southern border requesting Mexico institute more coronavirus screenings for southbound travelers.
    • Brazilian gangsters continue to impose curfews as President Bolsonaro calls coronavirus a ‘little flu’
    • UK to offer self-employed 80% of earnings
    • Neil Ferguson, UK expert who inspired lockdown says Britain's health system will now cope, Neil Ferguson admits his initial projections for US and UK fatalities were wrong, revises model.
    • More than 500k sign up to be NHS volunteers, surging past the 250k request.
    • Britain now the largest contributor to international effort to find vaccine
    • UK police use drones and roadblocks to enforce lockdown
    • UK police granted authority to use force to enforce lockdown
    • Liquor stores added to essential retailer list as booze files off UK shelves
    • France: Early release of 5k 6k Inmates to prevent spread in prison
    • French death dally much higher than official data according to health official
    • Italy suffers setback to hopes its epidemic may be in retreat; numbers trickle higher on Thursday
    • Italy has banned funerals
    • Italian workers protest against open factories, press government to revise list of industries allowed to remain open
    • Soccer game attended by 40k Italians likely made city an epicenter
    • South Africa will be tracking cellphones to fight the Covid19 virus
    • India passes $22 Billion stimulus package for its poor
    • India price locks grain and rice amid lockdown
    • Indians in quarantine struggle with hygiene supply shortages,
    • Police in India beat people in to submission as lockdown bites
    • Warring sides in Yemen back calls for coronavirus ceasefire
    • Moscow to close all nonfood shops as Tokyo warns against expulsion of cases
    • China to temporarily bar entry of foreigners
    • Watchdogs claim China’s media censorship costs thousands of lives
    • China in Coronavirus propaganda push as US ties worsen
    • G20 Leaders convene remotely, US and China set aside differences
    • WHO Director-General calls on G20 to ‘Fight, Unite, and Ignite’ against COVID19
    • G20 Leaders pledge $5 Trillion to overcome crisis
    • Fresh Produce will become increasingly scarce in Europe, suppliers warn, as the pandemic hampers the global movement of produce and the people needed to harvest
    • Coronavirus has been detected in wastewater in the Netherlands according to RIVM research.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Yeah,.. there's been lots of Covid's. SARS, MERS, and even EBOLA are all covids.

The actual name of this virus is SARS-COV-2. Covid-19 is the name of the condition or disease it ends up causing.

It is a bat virus,... and like SARS and MERS,.. it is a genetically engineered bio-weapon. But unlike SARS,. this has a couple things added to it. An aids envelope that allows it to spread across most all species,.. and a "Gain of Function" component,.. meant to increase it's contagiousness. [[Instead of 1.3,.. it's 2-2.5,... or nearly double as infectious as Flu)
    Ebola is absolutely not a Coronavirus. It is a Filovirus. SARS-CoV2 is also not a bioweapon for fuck's sake. The RNA sequence is clearly the same as that naturally found in bats. Also, the other gibberish is wrong as well. There are hundreds if not thousands of these viruses in the wild. They crossed into humans because of human contact, which would not usually occur with the species of bat they are native to.

^ ever see the movie Containment?

It is China after all they could have engineered it,infected the bats and turned them loose like little flying drone Dracula’s.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Ebola is absolutely not a Coronavirus. It is a Filovirus. SARS-CoV2 is also not a bioweapon for fuck's sake. The RNA sequence is clearly the same as that naturally found in bats. Also, the other gibberish is wrong as well. There are hundreds if not thousands of these viruses in the wild. They crossed into humans because of human contact, which would not usually occur with the species of bat they are native to.
    Thank you.

It was only a matter of time before this happened. The government is backing away from GM produced ventilators.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/u...sultPosition=9

The whole idea was overly ambitious in the first place. GM has no prior experience in producing even the simplest Class I medical devices - like a wheelchair. To the best of my knowledge GM hasn't even filed a PMA with the intent of using the Ventec device as a predicate.

When a vehicle fails, GM can always issue a recall with little consequence. If a GM ventilator fails, a patient dies.

Default Get Well Supersport

Longtime DetroitYES member and Detroit Police Officer Supersport has tested positive for and is suffering from Covid19. Although he has not been as active on the forum in recent years, he was one of our earliest members and the top poster in the early years. Let's remember him, his wife, and three little girls in your prayers, or however you send your love.

He was always an excellent writer and his moving description of his condition, written as a Facebook post, is no exception. You likely will need to have a Facebook account to read this, but it will be well worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/edward.ches...22519101909347

Default Detroit's TCF Center may host field hospital

With Detroit and Wayne County now being considered an epidemic hot spot, preparatory plans are moving ahead to expand treatment facilities with field hospitals bringing the TCF Center [formerly Cobo Hall] under consideration.

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com?publ...c1a1ae_13435ab

Default Michigan & US Unemployment Claims Skyrocket

Unemployment claims from last week surged to nearly 130,000, an increase of about 2,250% from the week before, the Michigan labor department reported Thursday. Nationally claims jumped over 3 million.

Based on these numbers, in two days - the Sunday of last week and Saturday about 21,000 Michiganders filed claims just online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I was at my doctors office today. Originally he called me that he was cancelling all non emergency visits. But I had an angry cyst on my neck that was discharging things you don't even want to ask... so he agreed to see me. When I got there... the waiting room was empty, and the staff was not doing much. Well I got in to see the doctor right away, and rather than send me to a surgeon or an ER... he decided he had time to kill and got two other [[new) doctors in to do my surgery right there, with 3 doctors working on it [[not a small cyst). I would never have gotten this much non-ER care [[45 minutes for the surgery/drainage) if it were a normal work day.

The thing that kind of floored me was that the reason the patients were told not to come in was that the entire clinic was being set up by Beaumont as a Corona Virus facility... one of many around metro Detroit [[this one was at 11 Mile Rd. near Harper in SCS). Looks like the large hospitals are getting ready for corona virus care at multiple sattelite facilities around town. The worst is yet to come!!
    I think the general consensus is we are about 5 weeks out from the worst. Around here that is. I think we are only at a few thousand in the whole of MI right now. Probably be at 50k+ in Detroit alone in 5 weeks. Detroit is expected to get hit hard for various reasons.

Does that mean it does not work [[Lysol spray) on this variant of Coro?

The price gougers on eBay are going nuts!! I saw three cans going for $39 with bids still going. I have a couple of coveted cans I've had a while...

I best go hide them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Could I borrow some tinfoil; I'm running low over here
    ^^^ Whatever it's derivation what this virus can to the lungs [[young people included) is distinctly fast moving and devastating...

Medical worker describes terrifying lung failure from covid-19
    -- even in his young patients

https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/c...young-patients

^^^ Whatever it's derivation what this virus can to the lungs [[young people included) is distinctly fast moving and devastating...

Medical worker describes terrifying lung failure from covid-19
    -- even in his young patients

https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/c...young-patients

They're expecting it to do a lot of damage in younger populations that vape. Vaping having already done huge damage to their lungs. Curious to see if there's any data on that yet.

I was at Sam's Club this morning. Toilet Paper was on sale. $ 20.58 for a 45 pack of Member's Mark [[Which I used for the first time recently. Always been a Quilted Northern user,.. but this stuff is JUST as soft,.. and the rolls are actually 1/4" wider.)

[[Member's Mark for those that don't know is their house brand,.. like Kirkland is at Costco)

I almost bought one,.. but I really didn't need any. So I put it back.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig has tested positive for the COVID-19.

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast