Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrNittany View Post
    In other words, "moving the goalposts."

Whitmer KNEW 22 days ago that she would be extending the partial shutdown. She didn't have the guts to say so then, however. So she announces a "3 week partial shutdown", and then moves the goalposts once we get close to the end of those 3 weeks.

That is lousy "leadership."
    No, lousy leadership is letting hospitals overload with more Covid patients than they can handle, with already overworked workers.

Or maybe we can impose those "death panels" that foolish Republicans were worried about as a result of Obamacare... which never happened... but is a likely possibility now with people ignoring "those silly" scientists.

A friend on Sunday had to go to Oakwood to watch as they pulled the plug on her father... because he had been on a ventilator for long enough and it was likely needed for a patient with a greater chance of survival.

Very sorry to hear that, Gistok. So many sad stories these days.

On a happier note, a few weeks ago my cousin came down with it, in a Wayne County outer ring suburb, and survived-- after symptoms like a bad flu. He probably got it at work, where white collar employees have been lax following guidelines to stay safe.

I get "quarantine fatigue." I really do. But the inconveniences are better than the consequences without them. It looks like we have a few more months before we're out of the woods.
    Last edited by bust; December-08-20 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Very sorry to hear that, Gistok. So many sad stories these days.

On a happier note, a few weeks ago my cousin came down with it, in a Wayne County outer ring suburb, and survived-- after symptoms like a bad flu. He probably got it at work, where white collar employees have been lax following guidelines to stay safe.

I get "quarantine fatigue." I really do. But the inconveniences are better than the consequences without them. It looks like we have a few more months before we're out of the woods.
    Thanks Bust... I think we all have quarantine fatigue.

What happens once we get the vaccines... and there are those who refuse to get them [[as we all know they generally watch a certain "fair and balanced" news show who talks of a chip implanted into the vaccine)...

Do we have to continue to wear the masks?

I can see health care insurers do just like they do with people who smoke... charge them more for health care. Maybe that would be an incentive to get the vaccine? I don't know. But this isn't like the 1950s with the polio vaccine... back then pretty much everyone got that vaccine. Now we have news stations that don't follow science, and get their followers to be equally suspicious.

So much disinformation...

Rudy Giuliani... in the hospital with Covid-19....

Oh my....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Oh my....
    Still no mask?

Sad Milestone reached yesterday as Michigan Covid deaths passed 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Still no mask?
    It would not look as good if they photoshopped the mask in also,you really think they would allow that photo if it was real?

Ray - can you go over to the hospital and verify this is fake? Trump says it is and you know how those doctors and nurses like to pull our legs.

Don, that referred to a news thingy out of Reno, 500 miles north of me; so I really can't comment. Other than to say I am 84, healthy, had a good life, and don't much GAF about the whole virus thingy. But you young'uns do what you must.

Of course it is a fake... that's just the way Giuliani will look like when he's in Purgatory...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Sad Milestone reached yesterday as Michigan Covid deaths passed 10,000.

No worries, Biten' appoints "beloved" celebrity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-nom...182133465.html

Once again I'm hearing that loss of smell is a better indicator of infection than temperature.

Someone came up with the brilliant idea of using scratch & sniff technology as an additional test. Some are saying it can give false positives but it can't hurt and it should be cheap to produce.

Last edited by Jimaz; December-12-20 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Once again I'm hearing that loss of smell is a better indicator of infection than temperature.

Someone came up with the brilliant idea of using scratch & sniff technology as an additional test. Some are saying it can give false positives but it can't hurt and it should be cheap to produce.

You're correct, loss of smell is a pretty good indicator of covid-19. However, not all covid-19 patients lose their sense of smell. Conversely, having a sense of smell doesn't mean that you are covid-19 free.

Loss of smell might indicate the need for a covid-test - the best way to determine if you are infected with the disease [[although false positives and false negatives occur.)

The non-contact thermometers used to identify people with a fever aren't too reliable. My dentist first screens patients outside the practice with a forehead scan. Once inside, a wrist scan is also performed. BTW, temperature at the wrist is likely to be more reliable than the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Ray - can you go over to the hospital and verify this is fake? Trump says it is and you know how those doctors and nurses like to pull our legs.

Don, that referred to a news thingy out of Reno, 500 miles north of me; so I really can't comment. Other than to say I am 84, healthy, had a good life, and don't much GAF about the whole virus thingy. But you young'uns do what you must.
    I'm sorry you feel that way Ray. My daughter tested positive a week before Thanksgiving. She had a terrible go of it for almost two weeks. Thank God she's young and healthy. Come to find out, she got it from an asshole, non-masking wearing, non-believer client. The one and only time she had to see him, in person, in 9 months. Two others tested positive from that same office. Hubby also tested positive with less severe symptoms. Both of them exercise, hubby still plays softball, pickle ball and both eat well. I tested negative. I kept my distance eating and sleeping separately Here's the kicker, I have two siblings, both with underlying health conditions...COPD, heart condition and leukemia between the two. So now that I've been exposed, I won't be able to visit either of them. I wish you would give a fuck. It's not all about you.
    Last edited by Maof; December-12-20 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Funny thing, my daughter lost her sense of smell and taste several days after testing positive and a week after coming down with symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Come to find out, she got it from ...
    I'm not sure anybody can pinpoint exactly where, when or from who or what they got it.

There have been stories of it living on packages in shipment, hard surfaces long after people have left a room, and recently one about it being found in sewerage. It may also be in or on places we don't know of yet. I have stated and will maintain the opinion that a rag over your nose does nothing at all.

I also see a story of Snow Leopards at zoos having it.

As I neither negate or exaggerate the impact and exposure risks of COVID, I err on wearing a mask when out among people.

But not in my car alone or while exercising outdoors alone as I see some doing. I think the effectiveness of masking is about 50% or so, combined with other preventative factors and arising risks as they have been determined. And also reduced risk factors ALSO determined.

I think a factor making people angry is the hypocrisy factor of officials TELLING YOU what to do, as they do otherwise.

Obviously there's an uneven application of what is deemed essential and open as what is closed. For certain winners and losers are being chosen.

Bottom line: Short of a full-out open air-born plague, Americans [[and increasingly not just the right-wingers) culturally do not respond well to 'do as you're told' directives.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-13-20 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    As I neither negate or exaggerate the impact and exposure risks of COVID, I err on wearing a mask when out among people.

But not in my car alone or while exercising outdoors alone as I see some doing. I think the effectiveness of masking is about 50% or so, combined with other preventative factors and arising risks as they have been determined. And also reduced risk factors ALSO determined.

I think a factor making people angry is the hypocrisy factor of officials TELLING YOU what to do, as they do otherwise.

Obviously there's an uneven application of what is deemed essential and open as what is closed. For certain winners and losers are being chosen.

Bottom line: Short of an full-out open air-born plague, Americans [[and increasingly not just the right-wingers) culturally do not respond well to 'do as you're told' directives.
    It could also be the fact that while other countries, like the UK where they were paying people 80% of what they usually make our government shafted us[[left and right, or whatever passes for left) giving $1200 and then a few months of 600 a week and now it’s down to 300 a week plus unemployment. Christ what a group of useless twits Washington has and will continue to have.

How is it her, or any Governor's fault, when the citizens refuse to do as they are asked? Trump's brainless masses believed him that it was a hoax and refuse to wear masks or stay at home or maintain a distance from others. Did you see the pictures from DC yesterday of his "Stop the Steal" mob?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

^^^ Yep. Couple that with the far-left mobs protesting, looting and not indoors, masked-up while asleep either; the night clubs, after-hour joints, and massage parlor's doing their thing etc: allowed. And individuals and other sub-groups and interests not interested in either cause [[left or right politics) who simply choose to not comply with being told what to do!

Especially from those being caught not adhering to that which the dictate.

So many factors and causes leading to the increase in cases. Indeed.

I'm mean, me I've done my part.
    I mask - can thankfully work from home, have reduced my circulation among the public greatly. Just saying.

Perhaps we'll have to do as the Chinese have to reduce to whatever-their-current-numbers are........?
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-13-20 at 11:02 AM.

He donned a mask leaving the hospital:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ovid-treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Oh my....

OR whatever Australia did to have a current number of 47 infections. OR New Zealand with 56. Total current. They locked down, wore masks and sheltered in place. Hmmm, wonder if all that helped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ...Perhaps we'll have to do as the Chinese have to reduce to whatever-their-current-numbers are........?

^^^ I did not say it didn't help. I was talking about what people are doing here. Various people.

Not just one group or politic. The bold-faced hypocrisy needs to stop here to get more people on board.

And no, I REALLY don't think we want the Chinese option.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-16-20 at 09:56 AM.

When you receive the shot you also get a health card and your information is put into a national database.

They are already discussing that unless you are able to prove that you got the shot you will be considered a health risk and will be restricted from,flying,useing public transportation,finding employment,entering public events like sports arenas or even simply entering a grocery store.

My body my choice naw it would probably be easier to chip everybody when they receive the shot or stamp a bar code on their wrist.
    Last edited by Richard; December-16-20 at 09:30 AM.

^^^ Hah! How's about that! It's all becoming a linguistic and cognitive tower of Babel. And hypocrisy!

Don't forget president Trump publicly supports the COVID vaccine[[s)........
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-16-20 at 10:03 AM.

Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast