Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 ... LastLast

Historical King Solomon Church is now providing the MOUTH swab option for COVID Testing. No more pain and discomfort from Nasal swabbing! 6100 14th St, Detroit, MI 48208

Type in location, etc. here for appointment:

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus...912---,00.html

COVID-19 cases in Michigan has reached 1809 on Oct. 12 2020 and its up up up. It's time to shut down Michigan soon before its too late. Hospitals will to be too full to handle most Coronavirus patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    COVID-19 cases in Michigan has reached 1809 on Oct. 12 2020 and its up up up. It's time to shut down Michigan soon before its too late. Hospitals will to be too full to handle most Coronavirus patients.
    That number was for two days. Numbers are not released on Sundays.

1237 reported today
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    That number was for two days. Numbers are not released on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's time to shut down Michigan soon before its too late.
    The courts have said that isn't legal.

Apparently not if the Health Dept does it:
    https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...eir-place.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The courts have said that isn't legal.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    1237 reported today
    Yep, and that two day number of 1809 for Saturday and Sunday were part of a rising trend. And there are indications of a second wave emerging, here and elsewhere. Happening in Europe too.

MDHHS reported 1,237 new positive cases Tuesday, raising the rolling seven-day average to 1,125, the highest average since mid-April.

The weekly average number of cases has increased 67 percent over the past three weeks, showing no signs of leveling off.

"It's very possible this is the beginning of an additional wave or surge of cases," Khaldun [state medical executive] said.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/health...rt-second-wave

Sad to say but "it ain't over yet". Indeed it appears the rumored second wave may be well on its way in Michigan. From today's Crains....
    COVID-19 case growth approaching April peak, positivity rate has doubled this month

The state Department of Health and Human Services reported 2,909 new cases on Monday, accounting for two days of testing that saw the positivity rate reach 6.13 percent on Sunday — double the 2.99 percent positivity rate on Oct. 2.

Public health officials warn a positivity rate above 3 percent is evidence of community spread of the virus.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...-doubled-month

Let's not forget that daily new cases were down in the 200-300 range in early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Sad to say but "it ain't over yet". Indeed it appears the rumored second wave may be well on its way in Michigan. From today's Crains....
    COVID-19 case growth approaching April peak, positivity rate has doubled this month

The state Department of Health and Human Services reported 2,909 new cases on Monday, accounting for two days of testing that saw the positivity rate reach 6.13 percent on Sunday — double the 2.99 percent positivity rate on Oct. 2.

Public health officials warn a positivity rate above 3 percent is evidence of community spread of the virus.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...-doubled-month

Let's not forget that daily new cases were down in the 200-300 range in early summer.
    I'll start caring when[[if) the death count goes up. Sweden seems to be doing fine though with 0 deaths for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I'll start caring when[[if) the death count goes up. Sweden seems to be doing fine though with 0 deaths for a few days
    Sweden isn't really doing that good. Here's one article I read a few days ago. Look at the deaths per capita. There are several other sources stating the same.

Lowell is correct. It's not over. As I've stated before, I have a BIL and nephew working in two area hospitals, both CRNA's. I talked to them this weekend with my nephew stating there is an uptick of covid patients at the hospital he works at whereas, my BIL said there were none. He spoke too soon as they are now seeing the same. My niece, who's an RN at another area hospital, was just tested yesterday because she now has a few symptoms, only working one day a week with a handful of covid positive patients.
    Last edited by Maof; October-20-20 at 08:07 PM.

No its not over. People's resolve and willingness to quarantine is almost over.

What is the best path?

Death is death and life is life, but you have to recognize that most deaths are happening to very vulnerable people. Many are in nursing homes. You can't ignore those people but you have to respond accordingly as well.

We have to take on more risk then we have in the past, but sadly I don't think that risk will be enough to help suffering small businesses. We won't be filling establishments wall to wall, at best they may go 50%. It's just dreadful this conundrum and I hear rumors of some pretty old Detroit restaurants going under soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    No its not over. People's resolve and willingness to quarantine is almost over.

What is the best path?

Death is death and life is life, but you have to recognize that most deaths are happening to very vulnerable people. Many are in nursing homes. You can't ignore those people but you have to respond accordingly as well.

We have to take on more risk then we have in the past, but sadly I don't think that risk will be enough to help suffering small businesses. We won't be filling establishments wall to wall, at best they may go 50%. It's just dreadful this conundrum and I hear rumors of some pretty old Detroit restaurants going under soon.
    While the vast majority of non-seniors are released from hospital, there is still a lot not known about long-term health effects. Sars patients experienced many problems 3-4 years after being released.

There is an extremely high likelihood there will be effective vaccine[s] widely available in a few months, certainly for the first responders, front-liners and the vulnerable.

Folks need to hang on. We've come this far, be patient and remember these simple precautions until that day comes.

1. The virus does not move. People move the virus.
    2. There is no cure. There is no vaccine.
    3. Our only defense is physical distancing, wearing masks when that is not possible and washing our hands.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.27.18 AM.png
Views: 521
Size:  75.9 KB

Good times! Over here in corner a. Close it all down [[except for what is deemed expedient to allow or keep open) - woo-hoo!

And over here in corner b. Keep it all open, it's just the flu [[yah-dah)! In the meantime the more reasoned approach remains lost!

Time to get that Toilet paper once again folks!

If it's any consolation the recent spike that equals the previous spike is not so localized to SE Mich. It's spread across the entire state. There is the possibility the second wave could be a tsunami due to the same spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Good times! Over here in corner a. Close it all down [[except for what is deemed expedient to allow or keep open) - woo-hoo!

And over here in corner b. Keep it all open, it's just the flu [[yah-dah)! In the meantime the more reasoned approach remains lost!

Time to get that Toilet paper once again folks!

+5.....

Michigan sets new restrictions on dining, gatherings as COVID-19 cases rise

https://www.freep.com/story/news/hea...ts/6069058002/

Is this spiraling out of control? 5710 new cases in a single day? Nationwide over 100K in a day, Nov. 5? Buried under the cacophony of the election clamor is this dire news for Michigan:

• Thursday's COVID-19 positive daily cases hit 5,710, a new record
    • Hospitalizations increased 10% to 2,262
    • Trends show hospitalizations increasing to 4,500 by Thanksgiving; daily deaths to 100 by Dec. 31

We're all gonna die. CNN told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    If things go a certain way,you can bet we will be on a country wide lockdown again come January.

Avoid the rush now and stock up on TP.

I am still good with 345 rolls left.

Actually the day we were born indicates such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-06-20 at 04:55 AM.

Which is an easy dictate [[and repudiation of all things Trump) if you are fortunate enough to work from home [[for now). Everyone does not.

Someone still needs to make sure the toilets flush, the nuclear plants stay cool and lights come on, etc.

Lockdowns should be selective, not en mass, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If things go a certain way, you can bet we will be on a country wide lockdown again come January....
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-06-20 at 04:58 AM.

COVID-19 invades testicles and impairs sperm. So Hoaxers and Hosers, party-on till your DNA is extinct. It’s good news for the gene pool.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; November-07-20 at 12:18 PM.

Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 ... LastLast