Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post
    The gas station diet of Ho Hoes, Ding Dongs, Twinkies and Grape Faygo is taking its toll on Detroit. Eating healthy is not considered cool in hip hop Detroit.
    I agree, I think that lifestyle and lifestyle choices have a lot to do with it. I’m aware that healthy food choices are difficult for some residents to obtain.

^^^ Education too and what is going on in the home... so many start as kids and teens not eating well. And lack of stores in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Media has a profit motive in sensationalizing everything. Devide the people, create hate, create fear,... that's their business.

WOW. Do you honestly believe this? If this was the case they would have been long gone I suspect. My feelings are they report what is going on in their area. This is like saying doctors are just creating illness and spreading illness cuz thats their business. Conspiracy theories are just so dumb people can feel like they are smart.
    Last edited by abraham; April-07-20 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    WOW. Do you honestly believe this? If this was the case they would have been long gone I suspect. My feelings are they report what is going on in their area. This is like saying doctors are just creating illness and spreading illness cuz thats their business. Conspiracy theories are just so dumb people can feel like they are smart.

ARE YOU OK? Are you hurt? It looked bad when you just fell off the turnip truck!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    WOW. Do you honestly believe this? .
    Absolutely. If it bleeds, it leads. Dramatize. Sensationalize. Monetize.

Michigan Dem. lawmaker says hydroxychloroquine saved her life

Criticized by some for referencing the president re. his support of the drug...

[Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett of Detroit] suffers from chronic Lyme disease — for which hydroxychloroquine is also used as a treatment — but she said she had never thought of it as a potential coronavirus treatment until President Trump touted the drug.

These are the drugs being tested in fight against coronavirus

“If President Trump had not talked about this, it wouldn’t have been something that would be accessible for anyone to be able to get right now,” the lawmaker said.

Whitsett was feeling better within hours of her first dose, she said.

“It has a lot to do with the president … bringing it up,” the freshman lawmaker told the Detroit Free Press. “He is the only person who has the power to make it a priority.”

Trump tweeted the Free Press’ story Monday.
    “Congratulations to State Representative Karen Whitsett of Michigan,” he wrote. “So glad you are getting better!”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michigan-democrat-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-her-life/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

Criticized by some for referencing the president re. his support of the drug...

[Michigan state Rep. Karen Whitsett of Detroit] suffers from chronic Lyme disease — for which hydroxychloroquine is also used as a treatment — but she said she had never thought of it as a potential coronavirus treatment until President Trump touted the drug.

These are the drugs being tested in fight against coronavirus

“If President Trump had not talked about this, it wouldn’t have been something that would be accessible for anyone to be able to get right now,” the lawmaker said.

Whitsett was feeling better within hours of her first dose, she said.

“It has a lot to do with the president … bringing it up,” the freshman lawmaker told the Detroit Free Press. “He is the only person who has the power to make it a priority.”

Trump tweeted the Free Press’ story Monday.
    “Congratulations to State Representative Karen Whitsett of Michigan,” he wrote. “So glad you are getting better!”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michigan-democrat-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-her-life/

A nice positive feel-good story for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Apparently the drug has shown to block the receptors in our cells that allow Corona virus to attach,.. essentially making a person immune [[while taking the drug).

No idea why they wouldn't have all nurses, doctors etc working near Covid patients on a light dose of that for the next 3 weeks.

The magic combo seems to be the hydroxychloroquine, some azithromycin, and a bit of zinc. They don't seem to mention the zinc much in the media though. [[not patented by a major drug company ?)

Some of the testimonies I watched 2 months ago were of people in really bad shape who took the combo, and their symptoms seemed to get slightly worse for a few hours. They didn't think they were gonna make it through the night. Then at 3 am or whatever they woke up and felt normal. Like 95% of their normal healthy state. It was that fast.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-08-20 at 05:07 PM.

At this point it is considered a drug of last choice,like they say,at that point what do you have to lose.

Do farts spread novel coronavirus? A Beijing district CDC answers
    Source:Global Times Published: 2020/2/23 20:33:40

“In a lengthy and seemingly humorous yet serious article on its WeChat account, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention [[CDC) of Tongzhou district in Beijing clarified that farts, normally, do not constitute another transmission route of COVID-19, unless someone takes a good and rather close sniff of gas from a pantless patient.”

Just gonna throw this one out there.
    I drive by the hospitals on Mack twice a week and I have to say, they look pretty calm. What’s going on? I would have expected pandemonium but no. I rarely hear ambulances either.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Do farts spread novel coronavirus? A Beijing district CDC answers
    Source:Global Times Published: 2020/2/23 20:33:40

“In a lengthy and seemingly humorous yet serious article on its WeChat account, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention [[CDC) of Tongzhou district in Beijing clarified that farts, normally, do not constitute another transmission route of COVID-19, unless someone takes a good and rather close sniff of gas from a pantless patient.”
    Thanx CTG, I'll finally be able to get some sleep...

A great deal wrap up in politics. I heard Henry Ford Hospital will be doing some trial studies. I need to look into that to post certainty.

In the joyful meantime there's now a run on zinc [[once the news got out), especially sulfate: $15 dollar bottle now going for $100+ on fee-Bay. Some pharmacies unable to fill scripts for it! Perhaps the street hustlers can start hocking w/o the eBay middle man and post office mail wait.

...The magic combo seems to be the hydroxychloroquine, some azithromycin, and a bit of zinc. They don't seem to mention the zinc much in the media though. [[not patented by a major drug company ?)
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-09-20 at 06:10 AM.

She [[Rep. Karen Whitsett) granted an interviewed on 910 AM yesterday. A very heartfelt recount of her own battled with C-19 and loss of family and friends. Some Detroiter's at least want the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/michig...aved-her-life/

Most relied on Coronavirus model revises it's expected death toll numbers downward yet again.

The IHME model you most hear quoted was saying 1-2 weeks ago they were expecting a death toll in the US of 150,000 - 250,000.

Last week they revised it down to 81,000.

Yesterday they revised it down to 60,000.

We may well end up under 30k by the time this is all done. [[The US is just under 15,000 currently, deaths are slowing slightly, and the rate of new cases is slowing even faster,.. [[and of course deaths lag behind new case numbers by a week or two)).

Hospital beds needed are a fraction of what was first guessed. Ventilators have not even come close to being in shortage. Most in places like New York are still sitting in warehouses.

So it's another good news day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/healt...del/index.html
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-09-20 at 07:00 AM.

Most relied on Coronavirus model revises it's expected death toll numbers downward yet again.

The IHME model you most hear quoted was saying 1-2 weeks ago they were expecting a death toll in the US of 150,000 - 250,000.

Last week they revised it down to 81,000.

Yesterday they revised it down to 60,000.

We may well end up under 30k by the time this is all done. [[The US is just under 15,000 currently, deaths are slowing slightly, and the rate of new cases is slowing even faster,.. [[and of course deaths lag behind new case numbers by a week or two)).

Hospital beds needed are a fraction of what was first guessed. Ventilators have not even come close to being in shortage. Most in places like New York are still sitting in warehouses.

So it's another good news day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/healt...del/index.html
    All good. Now let’s act on it and get back to work.

Yeah it does seem to be slowing a bit but not in MI and NY. Florida isn't nearly as bad as people thought it would be and CA really took control of their situation.

Governor extends Michigan's stay-home - adds restrictions

[[the comment section is pretty revealing)

From article:

the new stay-at-home order imposes new restrictions that weren't in the first one on March 23 and that drew opposition from Republicans.

Beginning Friday, people aren't allowed to travel between homes they own in Michigan or to vacation rentals, and large retail stores must cordon off areas dedicated to furniture, gardening and paint, which aren't viewed as essential supplies. But residents are allowed to travel back to Michigan from another state or go to homes or places of residence outside the state....

...State Rep. Jim Lower, R-Greenville, said exempting lawn care and nursery operations from the stay-at-home requirements "would be a step toward normalcy for a portion of Michigan residents who are struggling to pay bills, rent and mortgages because they have been put out of work."

Last edited by Zacha341; April-10-20 at 05:01 AM.

Random thinking.

The United States has a population of roughly 350,000,000.

If everyone lived to 100, that means we'd lose 1% of Americans to death every year, or 3,500,000 people from all causes.

Of course, average life expectancy is around 75, so you have to add 25% to that 3.5 million.

So there are well over four million deaths from all causes in the US every year.

Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Random thinking.

The United States has a population of roughly 350,000,000.

If everyone lived to 100, that means we'd lose 1% of Americans to death every year, or 3,500,000 people from all causes.

Of course, average life expectancy is around 75, so you have to add 25% to that 3.5 million.

So there are well over four million deaths from all causes in the US every year.

Just sayin.
    According to the CDC there were 2,813,000 deaths in 2017 so your math is a little off. However if we stop social distancing we might get to your number.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Random thinking.

Just sayin.

Exactly. What we may see is a higher mortality in the elderly this year,.. and a slightly lower mortality in the same groups the next 3 years [[I.E. some deaths essentially pulled ahead a couple years).

Testing is key,... especially the anti-body testing to see who HAD it. Like starting a couple months from now, and testing everyone over the remainder of the year. I think we'll find 70% of the people had it,.. even though only 0.016 % of the population will have died.

I was feeling under the weather between 2 and 3 weeks ago. No fever, no headaches, but my pulse-ox was a bit low, and I was waking up feeling really tired for a few days and with no appetite in the mornings. Felt fine in the afternoons, and was super hungry by 11 am. I got tested 2 weeks ago and just got the results back. I tested positive for both SARS-COV-2 and PAN-SARS. Nothing I could call symptoms in the last 8-9 days. In fact I feel better and more energetic that I did before all this. [[but with little to do and nowhere much to go).

So great news for me.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-10-20 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    According to the CDC there were 2,813,000 deaths in 2017 so your math is a little off. However if we stop social distancing we might get to your number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RO...4#action=share
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Flu has been eradicated yayyyyyy
    Now everything is CV booooo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    LOL

US pop is 327 million I think.

Deaths in the US were roughly;
    2,813,000 in '17
    2,847,400 in '18
    2,879,200 in '19

So if that trend continues,.. we should see about 2,911,000 this year.

That CDC link of 24,000 flu death is totally NOT believable. Through the 90's we averaged 35,000,.. and the last 3 years have averaged more than 50,000.

I think what we're seeing is a lot of FLU cases being attributed to COVID-19, because it's so profitable. Just admitting a Covid patient gets a hospital $13k,.. and putting someone on a ventilator gets them $39k. But if they just say it's the flu,.. they have to rely on insurance,.. and if the patient has an Obamacare bronze plan with a $13,800 deductible,.. they know they're not gonna get paid. But if they say it's Covid,. BAM. $13,000 right off the bat.

I think we'll see in a year that the total death numbers in the USA [[from all causes) aren't going to be much different than that 2,911,000 number.

The artificially low FLU numbers,. the fewer car crashes etc are going to make up for the 50k or so Covid deaths. That's my guess.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-10-20 at 06:07 PM.

and large retail stores must cordon off areas dedicated to ... , gardening and paint,
    She may be sorta easy on the eyes, but she doesn't appear to be too smart. Gardening is something you want people to do ... grow their own food. Home improvements like painting gives people something to do while at home instead of sitting, staring at the walls watching paint dry .... oh wait .....

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast