Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Oh that was so tragic... yet Mr. Hargrove was funny at points speaking to the rabid inconsideration of someone coughing out like a 'child' without regard to even thinking of covering their mouth! He was violated as he said!

God rest his soul. I don't think I could get on a bus in the city/ suburbs... you're too captive to the problematic who are fully out of it - unstable and selfish....

At least in some Asian countries more people would culturally comport themselves/ comply to masking. We've so many freedoms, but this speaks to why the BOOT-HEEL of authority may be applied, soon.

As the driver said people need to take this COVID-19 seriously. Too many are not. Force will be required. And then there will be an uprising from that. But we had our chance to comply!

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    Just sad. This bus driver got infected and died.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/det...ssengers-cough
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-02-20 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    but this speaks to why the BOOT-HEEL of authority may be applied, soon.

Force will be required.
    Sieg Heil!!!!

Really, people, let's stop with that kind of threat. I'm already of removing every Governor and other public official who violated citizens' rights.

^^^ How's about that... let us hope the authorities are listening......

Jokes aside we've already given up alot of ground - so I wish we'd at least comply to what is only reasonable. On our own, sans further force.

Onward to another netflix hour...

How does this happen?
    A Navy ship goes to NY to take patients to relieve the hospitals and has taken 20 people so far. What a disaster.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/n...b_2Sz5m5Xlz5W4

^^^ The thing appears to be moored in red tape, double-wound.

I wonder what spin-doctoring will be applied to justify this!?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Sieg Heil!!!!

Really, people, let's stop with that kind of threat. I'm already of removing every Governor and other public official who violated citizens' rights.
    Yeah... cuz rights activists are smarter than the medical professional... aren't they Meddle? [[rolling eyes emoticon)

To those who think that personal freedom trumps the medical reality of this pandemic... I have 4 words... "call out the National Guard"....

No make that 6 words... "it's time to cull the herd"....
    Last edited by Gistok; April-03-20 at 09:33 AM.

Get WOKE Detroit! A new 'woke' beyond the status quo!

Behavior garner response - that is not always fair or judicial! There are pockets in the city with folks jammed in Little Caesar's spots, gas stations, corner stores inches from one another. Talking loud and laughing, no masks, gloves. If this does not end even more will become infected. I think we are going to see enforced curfews very soon.

Historically what goes on during emergencies in an already impoverished setting is not good. The hospitals will set their priority.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-03-20 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    Just sad. This bus driver got infected and died.
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/det...ssengers-cough
    Yes. Some P.O.S sneezed on him, without covering up. He had a social media video talking about it. Some people are just pure garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    How does this happen?
    A Navy ship goes to NY to take patients to relieve the hospitals and has taken 20 people so far. What a disaster.

The ship is for NON Covid-19 patients,.. to take strain off hospitals.

I'm gonna guess they aren't going to put anyone on it that hasn't been tested to be Corona free,.. and it can take 7-14 days to get test results.

I imagine the ship will fill up after a bit.

Right, with a closed-tube like that [[similar to an airplane but without the air filtration option) the virus-load he was receiving daily had to be very high! I noticed at University Market on Warren/ WSU now has plexiglass shields at the registers. Good idea!

Others on that bus route etc. [[regular riders) have probably gotten sick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yes. Some P.O.S sneezed on him, without covering up. He had a social media video talking about it. Some people are just pure garbage.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-03-20 at 01:13 PM.

That factor does seem to emerge doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    I imagine the ship will fill up after a bit.

Just got in another shipment of N95 masks. 400 this time.

Also pictured are 100 homemade masks in the plastic bags.

The 400 N95's will be at the hospital distribution system before the end of the day.

I have nurse friends on the front lines,.. dealing with known Covid patients while wearing old motorcycle goggles and homemade face shields.

Please everyone pray for them.

Name:  400 masks.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  191.2 KB

If you are looking for your recent posts please note that several posts containing political debate have been moved to the tread Coronavirus: Threat Beyond Politics As Viruses Don't Discriminate... in the Non-Detroit forum which is the proper thread for political discussion of the corona virus pandemic.

Please use this thread only for discussion of the pandemic as it relates to the Detroit-Windsor metro.

Key Corona Virus model now expects 81,800 people will die in USA from Coronavirus.

For comparison's sake,.. 17-18 flu season killed 61,100 without lock-downs.

Michigan saw about 1,300 deaths. This SARS-COV-2 may well beat that in Michigan,.. even with the stay-at-home edict. [[Plus of course,.. we're having a worse than average flu season on top of this). Expected flu deaths this year range between 25,000 and 60,000.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/key...b7Kz&ocid=iehp
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-06-20 at 04:49 PM.

Little Caesar's donating a million pizzas across the country
    https://www.metrotimes.com/table-and...orward-program

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Key Corona Virus model now expects 81,800 people will die in USA from Coronavirus.

For comparison's sake,.. 17-18 flu season killed 61,100 without lock-downs.

Michigan saw about 1,300 deaths. This SARS-COV-2 may well beat that in Michigan,.. even with the stay-at-home edict. [[Plus of course,.. we're having a worse than average flu season on top of this). Expected flu deaths this year range between 25,000 and 60,000.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/key...b7Kz&ocid=iehp
    I have seen the 2017-18 season numbers thrown about in other exchanges. None align with the facts on the CDC site which leads me to believe that whoever is touting and exaggerating that season is doing it in an attempt to diminish the gravity of the corona virus disaster. A very wrong message as this is a far, far more deadly virus.

That season was arguably cherry picked as it was worst season of the nine years cited on the CDC site which, as I recall, was also the year when the vaccine effectiveness was something like 20%.

The estimated number of deaths that season was not 81,000 but 61,000.
    That was from 45 Million estimated cases [21M doctor visits and 810K hospitalizations].

By contrast there are currently 366,000+ cases and 10,700+ deaths in the US. The world has as of now 74K+ Deaths from 1.345Million confirmed cases. And the butcher bills have only started coming in.

The pizza of last resort. In the same category as Raman noodles.

The gas station diet of Ho Hoes, Ding Dongs, Twinkies and Grape Faygo is taking its toll on Detroit. Eating healthy is not considered cool in hip hop Detroit.

Yes, average of those 9 years on the CDC site is 37,000 dead from the flu. We must also remember that we're luckily comparing a Nov - April flu season with a March - April Coronavirus season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I have seen the 2017-18 season numbers thrown about in other exchanges. None align with the facts on the CDC site which leads me to believe that whoever is touting and exaggerating that season is doing it in an attempt to diminish the gravity of the corona virus disaster. A very wrong message as this is a far, far more deadly virus.

That season was arguably cherry picked as it was worst season of the nine years cited on the CDC site which, as I recall, was also the year when the vaccine effectiveness was something like 20%.

That was from 45 Million estimated cases [21M doctor visits and 810K hospitalizations].

By contrast there are currently 366,000+ cases and 10,700+ deaths in the US. The world has as of now 74K+ Deaths from 1.345Million confirmed cases. And the butcher bills have only started coming in.

What has your research garnered about Coronavirus' volume load, meaning healthcare workers receiving high amounts of the virus from patients? I haven't read much on it, but seems to be a factor in why younger medical workers are perishing. The average human case is low exposure but they are receiving high exposure.

I'm so tired of cooking those Ho Hoes sound really good about now! ----

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post
    The gas station diet of Ho Hoes, Ding Dongs, Twinkies and Grape Faygo is taking its toll on Detroit. Eating healthy is not considered cool in hip hop Detroit.

Indeed. Yet strangely I'm craving some glue-cheese take away pizza crap!

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The pizza of last resort. In the same category as Raman noodles.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-07-20 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    What has your research garnered about Coronavirus' volume load, meaning healthcare workers receiving high amounts of the virus from patients? I haven't read much on it, but seems to be a factor in why younger medical workers are perishing. The average human case is low exposure but they are receiving high exposure.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...e-for-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/...deaths-winter/

600,000 - 650,000 deaths is typical of flu world-wide.

From 1976 to 2007 the average flu deaths was 27,000 in the US.

But the decade of the 1990's averaged 35,000 in US.

The past 3+ seasons have averaged MUCH higher however. 50,000 to nearly 80,000 has been the norm lately.

Swine flu in 2009 killed 600,000 world-wide,.. and 12,500 here.

I'm only trying to keep things IN perspective.

People who insist on NOT putting this into perspective are doing so for fun and profit. Media has a profit motive in sensationalizing everything. Devide the people, create hate, create fear,... that's their business.

This is worse than flu,.. as even with social distancing and crushing the economy,.. the death numbers will likely be worse than flu is in a bad year. And we don't yet know the end of this.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-07-20 at 08:08 AM.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast