Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    One post and we're in full blown boomer mode. Might as well move this to the Non-Detroit section because it's about to go downhill fast.
    Lol boomers did not run around shooting up schools because they were busy being kids and not taught to be triggered by everything that we as an individual did not agree with.

By design schools are not geared towards the individual thoughts and feelings,a classroom is a group.

There is a difference between being reactive and pro active and creating solutions without addressing the core issues does not seem to be working so well.

LOL! Another irony is that some schools then had youth rifle clubs too. Imagine that now!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol boomers did not run around shooting up schools because they were busy being kids and not taught to be triggered by everything that we as an individual did not agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    LOL! Another irony is that some schools then had youth rifle clubs too. Imagine that now!
    You could buy one at the hardware store without any paperwork.

Name:  1950's Gun safe.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  127.5 KB

My high school still has a rifle team.

When my kids were younger,around 10 or eleven,I took them to the gun range and showed them how to tell if a safety was on and how to properly handle a gun,including the reaction when one is fired.

My X called the police on me,a young cop and his older partner showed up,the younger one was threatening to jail me under some child endangerment law while the older one looked like he wanted to lock him up in the trunk for his stupidity.

We live in a country full of weapons and a child’s curiosity is uncontrollable,most responsible gun owners do teach their children proper gun handling and I think they should have a gun safety safety course of sorts in the classroom,even if it is a one day thing where Leo comes in a gives a quick study.

In a school shooting situation,are the kids more traumatized by the actual shooting or the panic or feeling of helplessness,fire drills and such are designed to remain calm and procedural during the process.

The military trains the same way,repetition so you perform an act without thinking about it which removes the panic mode.

Personally I think that mode would continue outside of the classroom and would save lives in the future.

I agree with Jimaz [[without Thoms input) where motive is lost to the public.

There is more to it then,the moron went nuts and shot up the school.

Remember the phrase “going postal”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal
    Last edited by Richard; February-15-20 at 04:04 PM.