Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
No, Deb, you're just being realistic. What I'm fearing is the wave of bankruptcies and foreclosures, which is sure to come, ushering in another period like the one we just emerged from a few years ago: empty houses and an influx of renters who don't give a fuck about the property or the neighborhood. I admit that the only time we seriously considered moving was the circa 2008-2012 period. But home values had dropped so much and the equity we had dried up, so it didn't make sense. We hung on like so many others, and things gradually stabilized. Rinse and repeat? God, I hope not, but I'm thinking by end of summer things are gonna be looking really grim.
I predict that we will see a lot of bankruptcies and foreclosures in 2021. It could definitely change the face of some cities again as it did in 2008-2012. Cheaper real estate means investors, renters, and people who would have been priced out in a good economy, flooding into prime locations for once in a decade [[or lifetime) deals. As someone interested in buying, I'm waiting this out to see what will happen by the end of the year and into 2021.