Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

please mr Karmanos, put some money into voter registration/information campaigns.

https://www.lwvmi.org/

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    Why doesn't anyone talk about freeing Bobby Ferguson? If they free one I would assume you have to free both.
    Not too sure what one thing has to do with another. Bobby Ferguson wasn’t the only member of K.K’s posse that got into trouble.

With the latest round of debauchery announced today in the continuing degradation of the American Justice system, it might become reasonable to expect this scum to be released also.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    With the latest round of debauchery announced today in the continuing degradation of the American Justice system, it might become reasonable to expect this scum to be released also.
    I'd put the odds of Trump commuting Kwame's sentence at 50/50 right now. All it would take is for Kwame's wife to go on Fox News repeatedly and say flattering things about Trump.

The Orange Imbecile just keeps proving what a complete and utter disgrace he is.

It may be challenging for the President to keep Kwame locked up after he
    freed Bernie Kerick, Michael Milken and Rod Blagojevich. Alas, I don't think Kwame has any money to contribute to the Trump campaign and it is uncertain that Kwame could campaign effectively in Michigan for President Trump or James.

In the Obama president, there were quite a few members of Congress who strongly encourage President Obama to pardon Jack Johnson. President Obama never got around to giving Jack Johnson a pardon but
    President Trump did so in May 2018. This pretty much went unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I'd put the odds of Trump commuting Kwame's sentence at 50/50 right now. All it would take is for Kwame's wife to go on Fox News repeatedly and say flattering things about Trump.
    Actually all someone has to say these days for a black defendant to be released is something something "institutional incarceration", "caged black bodies", "fatherless homes", etc, and they receive a get out of jail card. See Trump's First Step act, bail reform in NYC, traffic violation vouchers in Minneapolis, fare evasion decriminalization in DC and Philly, and so on. The chances of Kwame being pardoned have never been higher.

There obviously needs to be some oversight on the process, including review and ratification by either the courts, the legislature or both. These actions need to be justified rather than personal payback. Same situation in Kentucky when the Governor who was so thoroughly hated by his own party was voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    freed Bernie Kerick, Michael Milken and Rod Blagojevich. Alas, I don't think Kwame has any money to contribute to the Trump campaign and it is uncertain that Kwame could campaign effectively in Michigan for President Trump or James.

In the Obama president, there were quite a few members of Congress who strongly encourage President Obama to pardon Jack Johnson. President Obama never got around to giving Jack Johnson a pardon but
    President Trump did so in May 2018. This pretty much went unnoticed.
    Trump and Company made a pretty big deal of it...

On December 23, 1971, Jimmy Hoffa was released from prison when President Richard Nixon commuted his sentence to time served.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    Why would it be challenging? He does whatever he wants and there are never any repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    The Morouns already tried this stuff and it failed.

Kwame's biggest problem is that he's broke and heavily in debt, a republican is not going to pardon a corrupt democrat when there's no money involved. The very few Detroiters who support his pardon will not be voting R, ever.

Funny thing is even if Kwame gets out of jail his life is still over. He's in debt for his whole life and where is he even going to get a job? I guess he could set up a go fund me page.
    Last edited by Metro25; February-19-20 at 12:05 PM.

After yesterday, I think it's almost a given that Kwame will have his sentence commuted. It's not an if, it's when. It could happen this week to give the country a bit more gaslighting ahead of the Roger Stone sentencing. It could happen later this year after the Democratic nominee is chosen, perhaps during the Democratic National Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    The Morouns already tried this stuff and it failed.

Kwame's biggest problem is that he's broke and heavily in debt, a republican is not going to pardon a corrupt democrat when there's no money involved. The very few Detroiters who support his pardon will not be voting R, ever.

Funny thing is even if Kwame gets out of jail his life is still over. He's in debt for his whole life and where is he even going to get a job? I guess he could set up a go fund me page.
    You're crazy if you think nobody will give him a job, if he gets out. You think those corrupted goons that Dump just set free, lives are over?

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    I guess he could set up a go fund me page.
    The t-shirt fundraiser didn't go so well.......https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rts/630805002/

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    After yesterday, I think it's almost a given that Kwame will have his sentence commuted. It's not an if, it's when. It could happen this week to give the country a bit more gaslighting ahead of the Roger Stone sentencing. It could happen later this year after the Democratic nominee is chosen, perhaps during the Democratic National Convention.
    There has never been a "bigglier" gaslight than the Orange One in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I concur. It’s simply a matter of when the timing will benefit Trump. I will bet on late October.

Stones recommended sentence was 7 to 9 years,history shows the same sentence as 1 year to 1 year 18 months so there could be an argument of politically motivated.

Kilpatrick helped run a city into the ground for his personal gain,it probably would have been a bit more palatable if the citizens were taken care of first.

Different circumstances,different views,as long as we are betting I do not see it happening,it would make the case for the last 3 mayors in Baltimore to be pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You're crazy if you think nobody will give him a job, if he gets out. You think those corrupted goons that Dump just set free, lives are over?
    In the case of Kilpatrick, there's a difference.. [[tick-tock, tick-tock)... he's, uh... not white.

If anything, loyalists like Karmanos might give him some kind of ambiguously defined consultancy, and, one supposes, that will be that, as far as work goes. But it would be interesting to see how is debt issues would be dealt with. During his time in the Dallas area, up until the time of his incarceration, he was claiming his wife paid all the bills and that he didn't know where her income came from or exactly how their house was paid for.

Until then... this condescending display from Cleveland will probably continue until the election....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KELzDHXBNUQ

^ so it is condescending to make it rain in a club also? Or only if the white guy is doing it?

Would it be condescending to go and get utilities help that pays the bill?

At the very least the Dems promise free money without delivering and here we are watching somebody delivering free money without having to promise anything.

Did not see anybody saying no.

[QUOTE=Hypestyles;587105]In the case of Kilpatrick, there's a difference.. [[tick-tock, tick-tock)... he's, uh... not white.

If anything, loyalists like Karmanos might give him some kind of ambiguously defined consultancy, and, one supposes, that will be that, as far as work goes. But it would be interesting to see how is debt issues would be dealt with. During his time in the Dallas area, up until the time of his incarceration, he was claiming his wife paid all the bills and that he didn't know where her income came from or exactly how their house was paid for.[/QUOTE

Jack Johnson was white?

The justice reform act allowed lots of non whites to be released from prison for unjust sentencing.

The lady in Atlanta that had a life sentence for a drug deal,he got released and she was not white,Nice try.

Maybe the Kilpatrick's didn't have enough to give the Trumps [[money, influence, other things of value) to be included in this weeks pardons. Kilpatrick was a lot closer to getting pardoned than what I thought based off of what happened this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ so it is condescending to make it rain in a club also? Or only if the white guy is doing it?

Would it be condescending to go and get utilities help that pays the bill?

At the very least the Dems promise free money without delivering and here we are watching somebody delivering free money without having to promise anything.

Did not see anybody saying no.
    I guess Trump supporters don't see anything wrong in trying to "buy" an election. I know.. no one mentioned who to vote for... but anyone with half a brain can put two and two together to get an idea of what the purpose of this action by this minister is intended for. And speaking of two and two... in the previous century they used to use $2 bills to buy votes for elections. But this is a more subtle approach. Richard, I read in Non-Detroit Issues your unwavering love of your president.

I started this thread back when it was only about Kwame, and not before Trump went on a pardon spree... whose end result will be to pardon everyone one of his buddies who got caught lying to federal procecutors. We all know what's coming next. I doubt Kwame will be part of that... but knowing how unchecked Trump feels right now to use his presidential power [[especially for political gain)... nothing would surprise me anymore.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast