Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

He chastised Purell,Amazon,specifically Bezos and EBay for price gouging.
    Ebay and Amazon profit from these sales and completely control the platform and algorithms that lead buyers to these sellers. While both have supposedly restricted sales of these goods, it takes just a few minutes to see that their enforcement efforts of those restrictions are a farce. On both platforms you can still find 100's of masks and bottles of hand sanitizer selling for 10X the normal price.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-09-20 at 10:51 AM.

But yet I can drive 6 blocks to 7-11 and buy a ten pack of dust masks for $1.99.I was in HD Saturday and the shelf in the painting isle was well stocked with regular priced masks.

No state as of yet has declared price controls on priority products.

They do that when a hurricane is scheduled to hit Florida,anti price gouging on hurricane related supplies.

Until then it is supply and demand and nobody is forced to buy those products.

Its like Ford can sell a truck for $78,000 because people are paying that.

All the states have to do is declare a public health emergency and declare price controls.

Notice states have declared public heath emergency’s but yet none have declared anti price gouging in relation to?

Maybe the emergency is actually in ones own mind creating the demand that really is not there.

Somebody posted that she bought a bottle of alcohol and alo Vera and made her own hand sanitizer,she took control of her situation without panic so nobody else could take that control.

That is what we do in life anyways,if you do not take control of your situations there are plenty that have no qualms about handling it for you at a price.
    Last edited by Richard; March-09-20 at 11:35 AM.

What's up with the cruise ship docked outside Oakland, CA? It should have been made into a medical ship, with passengers treated on-board. No, that makes too much sense!

Instead they are being transferred to our military hospitals etc? What a stupid world we're living in!!

Remember, microbes don't care about your politics or righteousness therein!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-10-20 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What's up with the cruise ship docked outside Oakland, CA? It should have been made into a medical ship, with passengers treated on-board. No, that makes too much sense!

Instead they are being transferred to our military hospitals etc? What a stupid world we're living in!!

Actually, that was already tried elsewhere, and it resulted in far more infections, which is why that strategy is not being pursued.

People can't isolate on a cruise ship, most rooms lack fridges and cooking facilities etc.

Where passengers were confined cases multiplied.

In this case, people were tested, and evacuated appropriate to their condition.

Canadians on board were rapatriated to Canadian military bases, if they came up clean [[for quarantine); while those were ill were shifted to local hospitals with appropriate precautions.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...t-ontario-air/

them cruise ships are more of an incubator for an aerosolized virus. Them cabins use recycled air.

Another take I see as of now is so far this virus spread is among the affluent. I'm sure this will change.

East coast and west coast then spread inward.

If this gets bad I'm seriously contemplating becoming a shut in until it passes. I have about 400lbs of beans, Quinoa and rice in long term storage and a freezer full of venison, wild pig and fish. I'll pick up a dozen laying hens, triple the size of the garden this Spring and maybe I'll leave my house by the end of the year.

Don't forget to buy toilet paper...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fami...103649777.html

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Don't forget to buy toilet paper...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fami...103649777.html

I don't quite understand the logic behind hoarding years supplies of water and TP. Water comes out of my faucet and out of the toilet. Seems like one of those $20 Japanese bidets would be a better investment if one was worried about the TP apocalypse.

The call is to think twice about cruise time,but yet 6 cruise ships left port of Miami the other day filled with people heading out to their next adventure.

The call is to not politicizing this but yet here we are with the House wasting taxpayers money and experts time holding hearings over the current presidents response.

Italy is on lock down in order to try and slow the spread,I do not get people,it’s a new and unknown strain of a virus and they act like everybody should know everything about it in a matter of days.

In Fl anyways those on food assistance received an extra $500 in order to stock up in case of a lock down of sorts is enacted.

If Anybody is that desperate for Tp,I have 4 12 packs I will trade for a 3 bedroom house.

This all creates an echo in my mind of my mother constantly saying,did you wash your hands?

Maybe after we convince the country of proper handwashing we can start on proper armpit washing.
    Last edited by Richard; March-11-20 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Confirmed cases in 36 states, including much of "flyover country", but hey I'm sure it will continue to obey imaginary lines on a map so that you cheer about it killing blue staters. Not that all Trump supporters are so vile, crass, and evil as to view infections and deaths along party lines, but you certainly are.
    Well, I've never accused you of treating imaginary lines like borders too seriously. My statement, that you tried to spin only said, "Trump's support lies more in flyover country where corona virus hasn't taken such a hold yet. "That is hardly cheering "about it killing blue staters".

Fact: Here is a list of the ten states with the most cases; 8 blue states, 1 purple state and 1 red state.

Last updated: 3/11/20 this morning SOURCE Johns Hopkins University; WHO; CDC; USA TODAY
    Washington 273
    New York 176
    California 157
    Massachusetts 92
    Illinois 19
    Florida 20
    Georgia 22
    Colorado 18
    Oregon 15
    New Jersey 15

Eleven states still have no known cases of cv. They are ID, MT, ND, WY, AR, AK,MS, AL, NM, and ME; roughly 7 red, 3 purple, and 1 blue state.
    I was correct about clusters of cv being most common in blue states.

Your equating my casual notice of the prevalence of cv and voting patterns with my mention of Democrats who expressed their hope of sharing coronavirus in Republican gatherings and for a recession is over the edge. Wishing ill on Americans is evil. I didn't do that. I mentioned some Democrats who did. Take heart though, your corrupt and senile deep state candidate who loses his temper disagreeing with deplorables looks like he is on his way to the nomination. Maybe you never needed to promote the coup.

It would be interesting to discuss why Democratic states are having more problems with cv than red states. Much of it could be that, early on, there was more travel between China and Chinese-American communities that are more prevalent on the west coast. CA and NY are heavily populated states so they could be expected to have a higher number just because they have more residents than WY or AK. East coast cv seems to have been brought in by American tourists who spent time in Italy. Rich people have more money to vacation abroad. I don't know if rich Americans who hang out in trendy foreign places are more Republican or Democratic. Those are my speculations. They aren't particularly partisan.

Cv might be good for Democrats in November. Trump is already being blamed for not doing enough even though the E.U. has much higher rates of infection and the production of our medicine and medical supplies was off shored long before Trump. We could also have the first tv sound bite campaign if candidates can't mix with people or have rallies because of cv. That's ideal for Biden who fumbles every time he wanders from the teleprompter in front of lackluster rallies. All Joe will have to do is offer reassuring smiles in his ads. Uncle Joe can be cast as Big Brother.

^ well heck,now what am I going to do with the 600 rolls of toilet paper I stocked up.

Read that link then after the write up they have 10 more headlines below that counterdict.

People do not understand,we have a federal government but by design they are limited in their powers as to forcing individual states to act on their whims.

When a state issues an emergency declaration only then can the federal government step in and assist,it mostly frees up resources from the federal level,but the federal government cannot still force the states to do what they say.

It is and was from the start the individual states responsibility to deal with this and prepare the citizens of that state for what ever may happen.

The president did what he could do at the federal level,this whole blame game is on the states,and solves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ well heck,now what am I going to do with the 600 rolls of toilet paper I stocked up.

Read that link then after the write up they have 10 more headlines below that counterdict.

People do not understand,we have a federal government but by design they are limited in their powers as to forcing individual states to act on their whims.

When a state issues an emergency declaration only then can the federal government step in and assist,it mostly frees up resources from the federal level,but the federal government cannot still force the states to do what they say.

It is and was from the start the individual states responsibility to deal with this and prepare the citizens of that state for what ever may happen.

The president did what he could do at the federal level,this whole blame game is on the states,and solves nothing
    Says blaming the President [[and the federal level) solves nothing, then promptly lays the "whole blame game" on the states.

So only blaming the president solves nothing?

Well the 11 year bull run of the stock market is officially over, with today's loss of over 1400 points [[6%), the stock market has now officially lost 20% of its value from last month's high. We are now officially in a bear market.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/10/dow-...ays-surge.html

In the past three weeks, the stock market completely wiped out all the gains made in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Market is now back to where it was in 2017 and those gains are now starting to get clawed back as well.

It seems when it comes to the one metric that truly tells you how people are feeling [[money), they don't really have much faith in Trump's ability to handle this crisis.

Wow never let a good crisis go to waste.

Tie it to Trump, tie it to climate change, tie it to capitalism, tie it to whatever...

I'm partial to the bio-weapon angle

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Says blaming the President [[and the federal level) solves nothing, then promptly lays the "whole blame game" on the states.

So only blaming the president solves nothing?
    when you have to call a house committee on the reaction of the president in reference to,and your only response is to ignore what the experts are telling you,then yes you maybe involved in the blame game.

What exactly did they accomplish?

I do give credit to the mayor and governor in New York and the other states for stepping up to the plate of responsibility.

In my post right below jcole's norton antivirus pic, I mentioned the most helpful medications as ascertained by the Chinese medical professionals working with COVID-19 patients.

This short list is reiterated in clearer terms about halfway through this
    Vox article:

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/11/211632...or-coronavirus

* remdesivir by Gilead [[not on the market yet) SARS coronavirus replication inhibitor
    [[by the way it helps cats who have contracted FIP feline coronavirus but their owners have to get black market stuff from China as it happens - thank you for this)

* viral protease inhibitors lopinavir and ritonavir
    [[these two are combined in Kaletra brand prescription medication for HIV-1)

* corticosteroids, chloroquine for inflammation

One researcher in a private communication to his friends and family recommended zinc supplements to reduce the effects of viral infections. Older persons especially should already be taking zinc supplements for reduction or prevention of macular degeneration of the eyes.
    Last edited by Dumpling; March-11-20 at 04:43 PM.

The reaction to all this is now insane.

Trump is cutting off travel from Europe for the next 30 days [[though being Trump, excluding the UK which has a large cluster of COVID cases. Sigh.

So an extreme reaction with an illogical loophole just to render any value moot.

The NBA is canning the season, at least for a bit.

This is taking an entirely real, but very manageable problem and making the economic impact considerably worse.

Ah, well, if there's an upside, after another day of market blood bath, stocks are finally going to be reasonably priced............

I hope you're right this is still manageable, but that time appears to be passing fast.

Yesterday our pediatrician [[also a tenured professor) was concerned especially about the strain this will likely put on our healthcare resources.
    Basically, what Atticus said. He explained it well.
    The risks for our elderly are especially severe.

Under the best circumstances it would be a feat to organize a solution to what is all at once a local, regional, national, and global crisis.
    It's near impossible when the response is bungled by so many of the leaders who should be out front.
    May they get it together!

It's almost certainly too late to contain the virus but we can slow its spread and save lives by not overwhelming our healthcare resources all at once.
    Last edited by bust; March-11-20 at 11:32 PM.

Slowing it to level out the peak is what's behind all the social distancing, stopping large events, etc. I just hope it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I hope you're right this is still manageable, but that time appears to be passing fast.

Yesterday our pediatrician [[also a tenured professor) was concerned especially about the strain this will likely put on our healthcare resources.
    Basically, what Atticus said. He explained it well.
    The risks for our elderly are especially severe.

Under the best circumstances it would be a feat to organize a solution to what is all at once a local, regional, national, and global crisis.
    It's near impossible when the response is bungled by so many of the leaders who should be out front.
    May they get it together!

It's almost certainly too late to contain the virus but we can slow its spread and save lives by not overwhelming our healthcare resources all at once.

And now Tom and Rita Hanks have it and are stuck in Australia in quarantine.
    https://www.wxyz.com/news/tom-hanks-...or-coronavirus

Ah. Now that movie stars are contracting it, we KNOW it's serious!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-12-20 at 08:47 AM.

Actually, I think that their having contracted it might acutally give us a closer look at what it does; I see him tweeting out status reports to keep his fans in the loop. Might be the most honest perspective we get.
    Ah. Now that movie stars are contracting it, we KNOW it's serious!

How can any of you cultists still say that Trump is handling this crisis well after last night's fucking shitshow dumpster fire of a "Presidential address?" Honestly. Let's go over a few highlights from Dotard's Oval Office address:

1) Trump incorrectly stated that he was "suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days." This is flat out incorrect. The travel ban ONLY applies to foreign nationals [[not American citizens or residents who are abroad), purposefully excludes the UK [[which has 460 confirmed cases), and only applies to points of origin in countries of the Schengen Zone [[which means Eastern European countries that are not members of the EU are similarly excluded from the travel ban). To put it another way, there are 44 countries in Europe and Trump's new travel ban only applies to 26 of them. So not quite how Trump described it...
    https://www.politico.eu/article/coro...ban-explained/

2) Trump incorrectly stated during his speech that the ban would apply to "cargo" coming from Europe as well. Again, WRONG. The White House quickly "clarified" after the speech that the ban only applies to people, not cargo. Trump is just an idiot.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...go/5028734002/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-office-126647

3) During the address, Trump stated that he spoke with the insurance industry and health insurance companies agreed to waive all co-pays for coronavirus treatment. Wrong again. After his dumb speech, the industry group representing America's health insurance companies put out a statement that they had only agreed to waive co-pays for coronavirus TESTING, not for TREATMENT. Kind of a big difference there, not that it matters to our fact-challenged moron President when he's delivering a critical speech.
    https://twitter.com/owermohle/status...22717699014658

And I won't even get into the fact that Trump was squinting hard the entire time and seemed so stilted and robotic in his speech that I'm convicted he was on some type of medication for that address. Ambien maybe?

Anyways, for a speech meant to assuage public fears over Coronavirus and soothe the stock market, it seemed to have the opposite effect. Dow Jones opened almost 2000 points down right now, or 8%.

It's beyond me how some of you ghouls can still defend this idiot.

Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast