Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1680

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    If an MLB team with tens of millions of dollars at its disposal and which was conducting rapid COVID tests of players and staff on a regular basis can't prevent an outbreak, what hope do underfunded public schools have?
    Well, the risk to children from Covid is less than that of the FLU,....

So the level of hope would = GREAT

Especially as the downside of not going to school FAR outweighs the downside of going.

That's why the majority of doctors say they would absolutely send their children to school this Fall. I know I will if it's an option.

If an MLB team with tens of millions of dollars at its disposal and which was conducting rapid COVID tests of players and staff on a regular basis can't prevent an outbreak, what hope do underfunded public schools have?
    Norway claims that there is little evidence that small children contract or spread CV-19 after having opened its primary schools. It does do social distancing even with its primary students and will shut down a school if someone gets sick as a precaution. Norway has also opened secondary schools but with more social distancing and staggered schedules because there is more of risk of spreading disease among high school students. To be fair, especially about opening high schools, Norway has a lower infection rate than we do.

I am surprised that where I live, each school district puts up its own distance learning computer program and duplicates each others' efforts with mostly unprofessional results. System crashes are common. It might make more sense to adopt an existing and already developed home school curriculum and lay off a bunch of teachers until schools decide like they can reopen. No one wants to be critical of school teachers but, from what I can see, many of them are not earning their keep. What are gym teachers doing these days for instance?
    Last edited by oladub; July-27-20 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Norway claims that there is little evidence that small children contract or spread CV-19 after having opened its primary schools. It does do social distancing even with its primary students and will shut down a school if someone gets sick as a precaution.
    Hmmmm, I wonder if it makes logical sense to make a direct comparison between the United States of America...and Norway. I wonder...

Total cases per 1M population:
    US: 13,384
    Norway: 1,684

New cases [[July 27)
    US: 60,272
    Norway: 15

Yeah, I would say it probably is safe to send kids to school in Norway given that they have effectively contained the virus spread there. Here? Maybe not so much given the rampant uncontrolled spread and the fact that we're orders of magnitude worse off than Norway.

Hmmmm, I wonder if it makes logical sense to make a direct comparison between the United States of America...and Norway. I wonder...

Total cases per 1M population:
    US: 13,384
    Norway: 1,684

New cases [[July 27)
    US: 60,272
    Norway: 15

Yeah, I would say it probably is safe to send kids to school in Norway given that they have effectively contained the virus spread there. Here? Maybe not so much given the rampant uncontrolled spread and the fact that we're orders of magnitude worse off than Norway.
    You must have missed my sentence, "To be fair, especially about opening high schools, Norway has a lower infection rate than we do." Even if the the CV-19 rate is higher here, my sentences that you did include were, "Norway claims that there is little evidence that small children contract or spread CV-19 after having opened its primary schools. It does do social distancing even with its primary students and will shut down a school if someone gets sick as a precaution.", still holds true.

Questions that could be asked include will those same American children be as safe from CV-19 wherever their parents have to otherwise dump them off as they would be in a school where precautions were observed? Will they be getting as good of an education at their aunt's or neighbor's with an equal amount of social distancing? There are already articles abounding complaining the wealthier white people are hiring tutors and forming small classes in the absence of public schools, that that is somehow unfair, and rich white people should stop giving their kids an advantage. Meanwhile, homeschoolers, rich or poor of whatever race, aren't missing a beat.

I can't help but wonder if these doctors are on to something, and the video was taken down because it interfered with the vaccine profit motive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stella-im...162758481.html
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-30-20 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I can't help but wonder if these doctors are on to something, and the video was taken down because it interfered with the vaccine profit motive.

I wouldn't put it past Fauci that he would be willing to do that. He's done it in the past.

He is able to use his position to steal research done by others [[like his did in the '80's) and hold up vaccines etc, then attach his name to the patents so as to relieve royalty payments.

This government employee is worth 500 MILLION.

He and his business partner at the WHO supposedly stand to profit huge off a vaccine. Perhaps even a billion between them off the expected $10 billion it is expected to make. He could be worth a billion before this is over.

^^^ I've a friend who SWEARS by Fauci? Why I don't know. There's too much money involved for me to close my eyes to any potential shannigans.

I'm erring on 'expecting the unexpected' on this one - seems only reasonable.

Notice how the media shows and interviews only those who oppose school re opening but never interview those who agree with it?

The school system and teachers are not there for their personal benefit,they are supposed to be there for the children.

Maybe that is why schools are so screwed up,they forgot what their mission really is,until it comes time for a pay raise.

^^^ We cannot go with the mumbly-peg, rash, or careless commentary often coming forth. Nope. Needs must be balanced.

This is a complex issue that needs to be de-politicized to understand the nuanced, AND broad-faced aspects and detailed criteria for returning to school. Much will depend incidences of C-19 and spread in varied cities, communities.

Funding for proper protocols towards safety and health assessments is crucial. Here's at least a reasoned discussion on the topic from a medical perspective:

The Uncomfortable Truth About Reopening Schools

Last edited by Zacha341; August-02-20 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Notice how the media shows and interviews only those who oppose school re opening but never interview those who agree with it?

The school system and teachers are not there for their personal benefit,they are supposed to be there for the children.

Maybe that is why schools are so screwed up,they forgot what their mission really is,until it comes time for a pay raise.
    Ya know, it's a hard decision for the parents as well. Figure them into the equation too. Cafeteria workers, maintenance, bus drivers.....Stop attacking the teachers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stella-im...162758481.html
    You're joking right? The preacher, Dr. Stella claims dreaming of demons and witches causes cysts and endometriosis and alien DNA in vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Ya know, it's a hard decision for the parents as well. Figure them into the equation too. Cafeteria workers, maintenance, bus drivers.....Stop attacking the teachers.
    But yet everybody had no problem being safe while grocery clerks were still working.

You were not willing to trade your life for a lowly store clerk,now all of the sudden you are concerned about a cafeteria worker?

I am not attacking the teachers,they are the ones in front of the media spreading the fear.

They do not care,they still get paid one way or another.

What about the single mothers that have to go to work,what about the low income that cannot afford internet or cannot home school,screw em Hugh?

How come the teachers admitted only 20% of students even took part in the internet schooling.

How come everybody graduated class of 2020 if they completed the courses or not,just because.

If it was really about the students then the teachers would be on board with finding a way to educate the children as it is their job to do,they are not concerned about the children they are concerned about themselves.

In case you did not notice,there were two major funerals in the past weeks were nobody was required to social distance or even wear masks,exceptions are made for the privileged and people are picking and choosing who,what and where others are exempt.

Who is picking and choosing who has to follow the guidelines but others are exempt?

Schools cannot even control the spread of lice,common cold,flu etc. there are 1000 reasons not to reopen schools.

They are pushing to keep schools closed until the virus does not exist anymore,Kinda like they did with the deadly flu,just as hard as they are pushing getting paid to stay home.

As long as others are willing to make sure they have internet,power,water,door dash,Amazon and all of the other perks that make their stay comfortable,while everybody else takes the risk,just for them.
    Last edited by Richard; August-02-20 at 02:13 PM.

Well, cafeteria workers are a non-issue. Just have the parents pack a sandwich and a juice-box like we have always done for our children.

Maintenance workers can easily work after hours [[after 3:30 pm) and on weekends.

SO that leaves bus drivers. Hire a few bus drivers to replace any that are 60 and above. Or tell the parents they have to drive them. Beats never going to work again.

Doctors OVERWHELMINGLY say they would send their children back to school.

Not only are the children at far less risk from Covid than they are the FLU [[which is itself VERY small),.. but they don't seem to be able to transmit it very easily.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-02-20 at 02:08 PM.

I'm glad both of you are experts with solutions on the upcoming school year. Neither of you have school age children and if you did, you just might have a different view. What about teachers that are immune compromised as well as other staff [[kitchen staff, administrative, janitors, etc.)? Many schools have already made the decision to teach remote. Some are giving the parents the choice. Students who did not have the means, were sent home with tablets when they first started shutting down in March. Since then and thru the summer, meals were provided at area schools for kids [[and families), who normally, would have their only meal at school....so much for the packing a lunch idea. With that being said, I'll just let the two of you continue with brainstorming. You seem to get along swell.
    Last edited by Maof; August-02-20 at 05:26 PM.

Don't matter. We're all gonna die. MSNBC and CNN told me so.

I'm glad both of you are experts with solutions on the upcoming school year. Neither of you have school age children and if you did, you just might have a different view.
    Actually, I DO have school age children [[plural).

What about teachers that are immune compromised as well as other staff [[kitchen staff, administrative, janitors, etc.)?
    Teachers with compromised immune systems either get the year off without pay,... OR,.. they can remote IN to the school, or from a separate part of the school building.

And don't have any kitchen staff there at all. If some children / parents can't figure out how to make a sammich,... the kitchen staff can have them pre-made and wrapped. Sorry, no more pizza day. It's pre-wrapped sammiches for everyone. Want something else? BRING IT! Presumably a few of the kitchen staff aren't immune compromised and 70. Those one or two people can be there to re-fill the drinks and napkin bins and whatever.

And no admins or janitors there during school hours. And it's not like many janitors are there then anyway. Almost all of that work is done after 3:30.

We all need to be smarter and more flexible than a brick. Figure it out,.. adapt.

Many schools have already made the decision to teach remote. Some are giving the parents the choice. Students who did not have the means, were sent home with tablets when they first started shutting down in March.
    Yeah, except that doesn't work. Educators and parents all agree that it is all but meaningless. Almost nothing was learned. And a large chunk of the children that DID have access to computers, tablets, phones etc didn't even bother to log on.

Since then and thru the summer, meals were provided at area schools for kids [[and families), who normally, would have their only meal at school.
    Perhaps we should take those children away from their parents and put them in foster care. What sort of evil piece of #2 goes and HAS children without the ability to even provide a sandwich? That's child cruelty. And with all the various government programs,.. there's really no excuse. Two pieces of bread and some cold-cuts doesn't cost much.

it's ridiculous to suggest that the world needs to shut down because SOME people make horrible decisions. Perhaps those children just don't go to school at all this year and graduate [[or drop out) a year late. We can't hold up the rest of life because of them.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-02-20 at 05:39 PM.

You really are a horrible person, aren't you? I'm just too tired and dispirited to argue with someone who is that petty and doesn't care if children eat and if other's with health problems get ill. I can't deal with someone like you without thinking of the horrible things I wish would happen to you, so I'm done. I just...can't with this anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    it's ridiculous to suggest that the world needs to shut down because SOME people make horrible decisions. Perhaps those children just don't go to school at all this year and graduate [[or drop out) a year late. We can't hold up the rest of life because of them.

You're joking right? The preacher, Dr. Stella claims dreaming of demons and witches causes cysts and endometriosis and alien DNA in vaccinations.
    The question is whether or not there have been successes with the drug. Did she and other doctors cure patients with the Malaria drug? Apparently HFH thinks there's some merit to it, they've been doing testing and experiments with hydroxychloroquine. Of course there's the possibility their whole medical center is under demonic influence.

Wow!....horrible decisions and taking kids away from their parents? You don't know why or how a family is less fortunate than others. Maybe, just maybe a parent has recently lost a job, or a significant other and are struggling to make ends meet. Other mouths to feed, household bills and clothing? Thank God the schools are providing for them. Inner city and the burbs, doesn't matter!

The question is whether or not there have been successes with the drug. Did she and other doctors cure patients with the Malaria drug? Apparently HFH thinks there's some merit to it, they've been doing testing and experiments with hydroxychloroquine. Of course there's the possibility their whole medical center is under demonic influence.
    Well, I could post a video regarding Henry Ford's studies when Fauci was being drilled on capitol hill this week and asked about those studies but, no one believes the top infectious disease doctor.
    Last edited by Maof; August-02-20 at 07:10 PM.

Well, I could post a video regarding Henry Ford's studies when Fauci was being drilled on capitol hill this week and asked about those studies but, no one believes the top infectious disease doctor.

The guy that's worth 1/2 BILLION and plans to make another 1/2 billion off a treatment for the virus he helped fund?

Yeah, I don't trust him either.

When talking about clerks still working at stores... I don't know about the rest of you... but the 3 stores I frequent most near me [[7-Eleven, Dollar General, CVS) back at the end of March all of the older cashiers disappeared from each of these stores. There are now just young [[20-30) year old's manning the registers. Anyone else notice this in your neck of the woods? It tells me that lower paying clerical jobs probably lost many of their older workers who didn't feel it was worth their lives to continue working there.

As for teachers... just look at the ages of teachers around the USA by state...

https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/tab...14_t1s_002.asp

In many states up to 1/4 of all teachers are 55 and older. I know several teachers who said they would rather retire than risk their lives if the Pandemic was not under control.

So I can see a lot of retirements of teachers if the reopening goes badly. They have state pensions and health care plans, even if they retire somewhat early. So I could see a teacher shortage coming on really fast if they are forced to go back to the classroom without something better than dimwit Betsy DeVos's "no-plan" school reopening plan. Time will tell.

Also I just read that in 33 days the first [[November) mailed ballots will start getting sent out. If school reopening becomes a disaster... this will likely be reflected on those early ballots getting sent back...

Also... Michigan has gone from 3rd in the most Covid-19 counts by state in April, down to being #15. And this week... South Carolina, Virginia, Alabama and Maryland will likely move ahead of us... putting us into #19 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    When talking about clerks still working at stores... I don't know about the rest of you... but the 3 stores I frequent most near me [[7-Eleven, Dollar General, CVS) back at the end of March all of the older cashiers disappeared from each of these stores.
    Probably became infected and ended up in one of Whitmer's death camps for the aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    When talking about clerks still working at stores... I don't know about the rest of you... but the 3 stores I frequent most near me [[7-Eleven, Dollar General, CVS) back at the end of March all of the older cashiers disappeared from each of these stores. There are now just young [[20-30) year old's manning the registers. Anyone else notice this in your neck of the woods? It tells me that lower paying clerical jobs probably lost many of their older workers who didn't feel it was worth their lives to continue working there.

As for teachers... just look at the ages of teachers around the USA by state...

https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sass/tab...14_t1s_002.asp

In many states up to 1/4 of all teachers are 55 and older. I know several teachers who said they would rather retire than risk their lives if the Pandemic was not under control.

So I can see a lot of retirements of teachers if the reopening goes badly. They have state pensions and health care plans, even if they retire somewhat early. So I could see a teacher shortage coming on really fast if they are forced to go back to the classroom without something better than dimwit Betsy DeVos's "no-plan" school reopening plan. Time will tell.

Also I just read that in 33 days the first [[November) mailed ballots will start getting sent out. If school reopening becomes a disaster... this will likely be reflected on those early ballots getting sent back...

Also... Michigan has gone from 3rd in the most Covid-19 counts by state in April, down to being #15. And this week... South Carolina, Virginia, Alabama and Maryland will likely move ahead of us... putting us into #19 spot.
    The one fact that they knew from the start was who the most vulnerable were,instead of shutting down the country the states should have spent all resources protecting that group.

But it was more entertaining to go on tv every day and blame the feds.

There is a teacher “shortage” every year and most of them here seem to be just breaking 20 years old.

The shift in employment here has mostly been those who either did not qualify for unemployment or were late receiving their stimulus package,they went to work while others stayed home and got paid.

But let’s be honest,if I was getting paid $800 a week to stay home,that’s exactly where my happy ass would be.

Not sure what is going on in Florida

Today they said there has been a dramatic decrease in positive cases in the last two weeks but yet everyday they drone on with dramatic increases.

Most are just going on with their life,outside of the internet Karen’s the whole public attacks for not wearing a mask is waning and some parts outside of the cities,nobody even wears them and this is parts were it is an age group of at least 60% 60 and above.

In Europe they had to kill over 1 million minx because they say they are the ones that were spreading the virus to farm workers.
    Last edited by Richard; August-03-20 at 07:46 AM.

Just read this about the cases in Georgia's largest school district... not due to the kids... but just another issue they have to deal with reopening...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/us/gw...ees/index.html

Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast