Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1680

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, name one time where Trump and Fauci were on opposite sides of the argument and Trump turned out to be right. Just one example.
    Um,

How about on Hydroxychloriquine

Or on ventilators [[Fauci thought we didn't have enough. Trump said we did, and that we were building more. It turned out that we had more than we needed,.. and we've since produced tens of thousands more that aren't needed.) The president was crucified on this by the left [[for being short on supply. Supply that was run down in 2009 by the previous admin, and not replaced).
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-14-20 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Um,

How about on Hydroxychloriquine
    How was Trump right on HCQ? You going to cite that one Henry Ford study as definitive proof of anything?

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...roquine-again/

But the Henry Ford study has been sharply criticized by scientists who said it shouldn’t be used to change policy. It was an observational study, considered much less rigorous than a randomized trial, in which patients are randomly assigned to receive a treatment or not. And its results fly in the face of three major randomized trials that have found hydroxycloroquine is not effective in treating or preventing COVID-19.

Critics also noted that twice as many of the Henry Ford patients who received hydroxychloroquine also got a steroid — which has been shown to benefit COVID-19 patients — compared to those who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine. That made it hard to know which drug benefited the patients, they said. The authors made statistical adjustments to account for that, but other scientists said the methodology wasn’t clear and that it is very hard to correct studies in that way.
    Ignore the NUMEROUS studies that say it doesn't work, cherry pick the ONE that says it does.
    Last edited by aj3647; July-14-20 at 02:09 PM.

at least he didn't give up his FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM. -1 Trump voter in November.
    Wow,.. you are sick. You're gleeful about the death of Americans. That's evil.

Do you think conservatives should shout for joy at the 100,000+ Democratic voting district residents that have died from Covid? Or would you expect them to have some shred of morals and class and mourn their loss? Because despite ideological differences, they're still Americans?

Or that ventilators were effective at all,

Trump seemed to disagree with Fauci and the rest of the medical community when he said early that he didn't think ventilators were the answer. That the numbers from ventilators were bad, really bad, and that it looked like the answer was in a number of drugs, Hydroxy was one of the ones he mentioned.

Well the COVID as I said before just don't care [[bad grammar intended).

SO we need to find a way, together, to mount a coherent response if not on hand-holding love at least reasoned and practical.

A response beyond our SILOS, Ideologies, Partisan Bindings, Hatreds and other ANGSTS and shallow short-term triumphs as microbes transmit here or there due to varied behaviors [[condemned and championed) and neglect!

We best take a REAL hard look at some best practices, and implement them fast in this here DIS-UNITED STATES!
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-14-20 at 02:34 PM.

From what I've read and learned, they turned down the pressure of the vents. A 38 year old woman I know came off one [[3.5 weeks) at Beaumont RO. They did quite a few adaptations to the pressure and meds she was given and her lungs were able to rebound to sustain life.

Or that ventilators were effective at all,

Trump seemed to disagree with Fauci and the rest of the medical community when he said early that he didn't think ventilators were the answer. That the numbers from ventilators were bad, really bad, and that it looked like the answer was in a number of drugs, Hydroxy was one of the ones he mentioned.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-14-20 at 02:33 PM.

How was Trump right on HCQ? You going to cite that one Henry Ford study as definitive proof of anything?

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...roquine-again/

Ignore the NUMEROUS studies that say it doesn't work, cherry pick the ONE that says it does.

You mean the studies that were faked, and later discredited?
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/...malaria-drugs/

In addition to hydroxy, the president also mentioned remdesivir and others,.. and slashed red tape and pushed Right to Try etc.

SO NOW,... we have data on the effectiveness of these and others [[instead of still being in the dark),.. and doctors know how to use these two and other drugs where they can help. And the death percentages are dropping.

Wow,.. you are sick. You're gleeful about the death of Americans. That's evil.
    He had a weapon and threatened the police with it. But shed some more tears for your MAGA criminal brother. Aren't you one of the guys who thinks George Floyd "deserved" it? Funny how now you cry about it when it's one of your terrorist kin getting killed by police. Shouldn't you be crowing about how this criminal had it coming to him and deserved to die by threatening the police with a knife? Blue Lives Matter, right Bigdd, or do you hate the police now?

He had a weapon and threatened the police with it. But shed some more tears for your MAGA criminal brother. Aren't you one of the guys who thinks George Floyd "deserved" it? Funny how now you cry about it when it's one of your terrorist kin getting killed by police. Shouldn't you be crowing about how this criminal had it coming to him and deserved to die by threatening the police with a knife? Blue Lives Matter, right Bigdd, or do you hate the police now?
    Didn't read the story.
    Didn't shed tears.
    Not my brother
    Never thought Floyd "Deserved it"
    Again, didn't cry
    I won't crow about death [[like you do constantly)
    I'm not racist like you. [[Of course you also won't hear me say Black Lives Matter, because when you start putting colors in front of "Lives Matter,.. you just might be a racist. [[and yes, I realize "Blue" is police and not a care))
    I don't hate period, certainly not police.

So let me count that up. Looks like you're 0 for 8 there.
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-14-20 at 04:18 PM.

Florida shattered its one-day case rate on Sunday, with over 15,000 positive cases in just 24 hours. Today they broke their own death record [[again, for the about the fourth time in two weeks): 132 deaths in just 24 hours.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So can we talk about the great job Ron DeSantis is doing down there, or is this the part where we somehow find a way to blame Democrats for it?

I thought it would fall a bit from 9, but instead it just squeaked by 2 countries that were just a tiny bit ahead. [[I.E. hardly moved)
    LOL! So to put it another way, it did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you predicted would happen. Just admit you were wrong, man. Pretty f*cking pathetic that you're now crying your eyes out about the "seemingly false numbers" when that was YOUR source that YOU posted. I just kept using YOUR source for the sake of consistency, but funny how it was fine when you used it and not when I used it to prove you wrong.

Keep it up dude, I'm laughing at you.

LMAO you cannot make this crap up............

Keep it up dude, I'm laughing at you.
    If it makes you happy, go ahead.

You excitedly proclaimed that we were #1 [[as you love dead Americans apparently.)

I pointed out that Statista had us at #9 [[should have been much lower, except for the inflated numbers), and now we should be 12.

I posted that to show how laughable your claim that the Dems had killed off enough vulnerable people to make us #1.

Despite the genocidal attempts made by Como and other governors, there are enough red areas of the country that we never got even close to #1.
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-14-20 at 04:25 PM.

We had the discussion about the public shaming and the ramifications of a few months back,now it is playing out like it is 1937 Germany.

What I find interesting is when you stand in line,a white person will lambblast another white person for not wearing a mask,but they will not say anything to the African Americans standing in the same line with no mask on.

The same thing with entering stores,they all have a big mask required sign on the front entry door but it only seems to apply to white people because the clerks will not say anything to the African Americans,but if you are white they will refuse you service with no mask.
    Last edited by Richard; July-14-20 at 07:07 PM.

Covid vaccine being tested.

I'm curious to see the results of this in 7 years time. Will it be prove to be safe and effective? Hope so.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/healt...ial-if-needed/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We had the discussion about the public shaming and the ramifications of a few months back,now it is playing out like it is 1937 Germany.

What I find interesting is when you stand in line,a white person will lambblast another white person for not wearing a mask,but they will not say anything to the African Americans standing in the same line with no mask on.

The same thing with entering stores,they all have a big mask required sign on the front entry door but it only seems to apply to white people because the clerks will not say anything to the African Americans,but if you are white they will refuse you service with no mask.
    Have you seen this personally happening? ...where people of color get a free pass at not wearing a mask? Or are you just stereotyping again?

After seeing that white woman go postal on that mask display at a store last week... I'm surprised that you didn't include Jewish American Princesses in your comment about who not to confront with mask wearing... oh wait... you did include Nazi Germany in your comments... my bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmN3zZlQ9rM

Paging Gnome...
    Last edited by Gistok; July-15-20 at 10:27 AM.

Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt [[R), who attended Trump's Tulsa COVID petri dish rally three weeks ago, has tested positive for COVID-19. Stitt is the first state governor to test positive.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...or-coronavirus

Stitt has also not been wearing a mask when indoors or when meeting with members of the Oklahoma government.

Meanwhile, both Texas AND Florida broke their own single-day death records yesterday. Texas recorded 131 deaths yesterday, topping their previous one-day record of 121 set on July 8. Florida saw a whopping 132 deaths yesterday, breaking its record of 119 set on July 9. This, despite the fact that Florida's Republican Governor Ron DeSantis claimed two days ago that the COVID situation has "stabilized" in Florida.

I hear that. The low-resolution approach as to how, and what black people do/ how folks react to what we do is nothing new, ala ascribing a form of racial essentialism yah-dah etc.

Some black people do it as well regarding 'supposed' responses of white people etc. Much of this is the continued caricaturing of people, and identity politics [[ascribed and ascribing).

Absent of nuance, depth and complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Have you seen this personally happening? ...where people of color get a free pass at not wearing a mask? Or are you just stereotyping again?....
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-20 at 06:53 AM.

Yep. Uptick in Michigan too. And yet schools are slated to open. When?

...Meanwhile, both Texas AND Florida broke their own single-day death records yesterday. Texas recorded 131 deaths yesterday, topping their previous one-day record of 121 set on July 8. Florida saw a whopping 132 deaths yesterday, breaking its record of 119 set on July 9. This, despite the fact that Florida's Republican Governor Ron DeSantis claimed two days ago that the COVID situation has "stabilized" in Florida.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-20 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Have you seen this personally happening? ...where people of color get a free pass at not wearing a mask? Or are you just stereotyping again?

After seeing that white woman go postal on that mask display at a store last week... I'm surprised that you didn't include Jewish American Princesses in your comment about who not to confront with mask wearing... oh wait... you did include Nazi Germany in your comments... my bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmN3zZlQ9rM

Paging Gnome...
    Why do you need another poster to hold your little hand?

Yes I witness it everyday,I am not hiding while being a keyboard warrior thinking I am in everybody else’s head.

So you ask me a reply in a personal manner or with a personal expirence,then you look for Gnome who you know damn well is on a rampage when ever I post a personal expirence,but have zero problems when anybody else posts a personal experience.

Not only is that approach moronic,it is typical of the left and it’s speech suppression tactics.

Anybody with a 1/3 of a brain can tell that it is not normal.

Legoland lists its target age group of 6-9 you should probably stick with your age group if you are going to act like it.
    Last edited by Richard; July-16-20 at 07:27 AM.

U.S. death toll now exceeds 140,000.

Also yesterday, for the first time since June 09, the U.S. recorded more than 1000 deaths in a single day.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

We also exceeded 70,000 new cases yesterday, only the second time the U.S. has topped 70,000 cases in one day.

Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt [[R), who attended Trump's Tulsa COVID petri dish rally three weeks ago, has tested positive for COVID-19. Stitt is the first state governor to test positive.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...or-coronavirus

Stitt has also not been wearing a mask when indoors or when meeting with members of the Oklahoma government.
    Yes, we know that wearing masks is a good thing and that being indoors with other people is not healthy be it in a bar, restaurant, DMV office or campaign rally. If both the CV infected person who coughs and the non-infected person who breathes in common air have masks on only about 12% of the original CV virus laden droplets make it through both masks. States and local communities all over the country are reimposing restrictions and requiring masks. Also, large retailers including Menard's, Walmart, and Krogers are making it mandatory that customers wear masks. That's something new. Did you have some other ideas of how to stop the recent increase in new cases? State and County line roadblocks? Early arranged marriages? But let's put his in perspective. The spike has been primarily among 20 somethings who hang out in bars, restaurants and household parties.

Meanwhile, both Texas AND Florida broke their own single-day death records yesterday. Texas recorded 131 deaths yesterday, topping their previous one-day record of 121 set on July 8. Florida saw a whopping 132 deaths yesterday, breaking its record of 119 set on July 9. This, despite the fact that Florida's Republican Governor Ron DeSantis claimed two days ago that the COVID situation has "stabilized" in Florida.
    131 deaths in one day is a lot. I don't have any breakdown of if these deaths were in red or blue areas of Texas. In April, more than 800 died in New York State in one day for comparison. I once asked you how long you thought it would be before red states deaths would catch up with blue state deaths. You didn't answer but let's do some math for the purple state of Texas. Texas has 1.5x the population of New York State [[29M vs 19.4M). Texas has had 3,625 CV deaths to New York's 32,495 deaths. To equate that on a per capita comparison basis multiple 32,495 x 1.5 = 48,743. So even if no one else dies from CV in NY and 131 Texans keep dying daily an additional 45,118 Texans would need to die before Texas would have the same per capita death rate as New York State. 45,118/131=344 days.
    Last edited by oladub; July-16-20 at 09:44 AM.

Saying “posted recorded deaths in a single day” is a play on words,that amount is deaths did not occur on that day,it was a compilation of deaths that occurred in the past over a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Yes, we know that wearing masks is a good thing and that being indoors with other people is not healthy be it in a bar, restaurant, DMV office or campaign rally. If both the CV infected person who coughs and the non-infected person who breathes in common air have masks on only about 12% of the original CV virus laden droplets make it through both masks. States and local communities all over the country are reimposing restrictions and requiring masks. Also, large retailers including Menard's, Walmart, and Krogers are making it mandatory that customers wear masks. That's something new. Did you have some other ideas of how to stop the recent increase in new cases? State and County line roadblocks? Early arranged marriages? But let's put his in perspective. The spike has been primarily among 20 somethings who hang out in bars, restaurants and household parties.
    You know, Oladub, at this point I would settle just for having people wear masks indoors, which even you acknowledge is effective. But that's a bridge too far for you Republicans.

Trump: People wear masks just to make me look bad. There was also the numerous instances where Trump flouted local guidelines requiring masks, such as when he toured the Ford plant in Ypsilanti and didn't wear a mask inside as required by Executive mandate. Or the time he toured the factory in Maine that made nasal swabs for COVID testing kits and the factory had to throw away all the swabs they made during his visit.

Meanwhile in Georgia, Brian Kemp has overridden all local mask mandates in the entire state.

Meanwhile in Florida, Ron DeSantis steadfastly refuses to issue a mask mandate even though his state is LEADING the nation in COVID.

Oklahoma Governor who tested positive for COVID-19 says he does not regret not wearing a mask in public.

Meanwhile here in Michigan, Republican state legislators are refusing to wear masks during hearings, ostensibly as a form of political protest against Gretchen Whitmer's mandate.
    Last edited by aj3647; July-16-20 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    131 deaths in one day is a lot. I don't have any breakdown of if these deaths were in red or blue areas of Texas. In April, more than 800 died in New York State in one day for comparison. I once asked you how long you thought it would be before red states deaths would catch up with blue state deaths. You didn't answer but let's do some math for the purple state of Texas. Texas has 1.5x the population of New York State [[29M vs 19.4M). Texas has had 3,625 CV deaths to New York's 32,495 deaths. To equate that on a per capita comparison basis multiple 32,495 x 1.5 = 48,743. So even if no one else dies from CV in NY and 131 Texans keep dying daily an additional 45,118 Texans would need to die before Texas would have the same per capita death rate as New York State. 45,118/131=344 days.
    True or false, you are safer from COVID-19 in New York City today then you are in Houston TX. True or false?

How sweet of you to assume that Texas will remain steady at 131 deaths per day and won't get worse. Care to guess how many deaths were reported yesterday in Texas? If you had to guess, would you guess more or less than 131?

Here I'll answer for you, 154. And yes, if you were wondering, that's a new record for Texas, shattering the previous record of 131 reported deaths that they set...day before yesterday. See a trend there? Do you? How's that trend looking? Good or bad?

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast