Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Spain released 15 million masks to the public from the National stockpile.

One thing to keep in mind is countries like the US are always running scenarios and usually stockpile goods for worst case examples.

We have a National stockpile of oil in case of emergency,chemical warfare and viral outbreaks have always been on the radar so it would probably be a good bet that if it came down to it they would suddenly appear to the public.

To release them now would just help the profiteers.

S Korea started the week out with 33 cases and now has jumped up to over 1500,it makes it hard to tell if it is based on rapid spread,reporting issues or people waiting to go to get help.

If one can find the masks now it would be best to acquire them because it will save standing in line for hours on end and adding more risk in the process.

This is the hypothetical worst case scenario.

At the end of January - about 4,800 cases of COVID-19 globally.

At the end of February - about 80,000 cases globally.

From January to February there was a 16.7-fold increase. As a worst-case scenario, for planning purposes, suppose that for each month from here on, there is again a 16.7 fold increase. So for the end of March we take the 80,000 cases from the end of February and
    multiply that number by 16.7 and so on.

Estimate for end of March: 1,336,000 cases.
    Estimate for end of April: 22,311,200 cases.
    Estimate for end of May: 372,597,040 cases.
    Estimate for end of June: 6,222,370,568 cases

Here we stop this exercise, because this is effectively everyone
    in the world.

^^^ But Limbaugh says it's not a big deal just put forth to hurt Trump! He too thinks everything is ABOUT Trump!

As I stated in headline of this tread this is a Threat BEYOND Politics as Viruses Don't Discriminate!

We could all go to NYC,de Blasio said it was safe because they have 1200 beds on standby for a city of 8 million.

Japan has shut the school system down.
    Last edited by Richard; February-27-20 at 07:13 PM.

Good times ahead when you consider China manufactures most of our medicines, and the active pharmaceutical ingredients of our prescription drugs [[read reviews of book):

China Rx: Exposing the Risks of America's Dependence on China for Medicine
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-28-20 at 06:12 AM.

Yes, I was aware of that.

Nonetheless they are selling like crazy at sky-high prices.

What amuses me [[somewhat) is that TV news stories about the virus usually show a backdrop of some round, pink balls with some kind of stickies coming out of them. The backdrop is NEVER identified. For all I know it could be a tennis ball factory that exploded.

Hint to you TV folks: IDENTIFY what you are showing! Or is it too difficult to have someone in the know sit at one of your computers and type in what the graphic is?

On the other hand, I never considered the IQ's of newsfolks to be all that high to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    What amuses me [[somewhat) is that TV news stories about the virus usually show a backdrop of some round, pink balls with some kind of stickies coming out of them. The backdrop is NEVER identified. For all I know it could be a tennis ball factory that exploded.

Hint to you TV folks: IDENTIFY what you are showing! Or is it too difficult to have someone in the know sit at one of your computers and type in what the graphic is?

On the other hand, I never considered the IQ's of newsfolks to be all that high to start with.
    You're forgetting, m8. "If it bleeds, it leads." MSM Intelligence , how oxymoronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post

Here is another color:
    Name:  coronatrump.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  56.8 KB

If anything this underlines what inner connected world we are.

All the popular pandemic/zombie shows start out with that picture in the start,walking dead,last ship,pandemic etc.

Thats kinda why I like watching foreign news,it is less politicalized and not so much with the world world is ending or dramatic.

It does enforce the open border concerns,if you cannot control things you have to deal with the results.

I like how it is Trumps fault like he is able to scurry about with a net catching all of the little germs,like Lowell posted,we have become a globally connected world,it’s not like the old days.

When this spreads into third world countries no matter how light it is ,it will be overwhelming for them.

WHOs statement of,Once it appears it seems to spread quickly,reminds me of the saying No Sh*t Sherlock.

Its a new strain variant all they really know is it makes you sick,attacks the respiratory system,weak immune systems have a hard time fighting it and it spreads like the common cold.

We are all dead in a couple of years because of climate change so why worry about some little pandemic.

They need to find some little Swedish kid to scream at the virus about how it is destroying her childhood and it will just go away.
    Last edited by Richard; February-28-20 at 06:34 PM.

There does seem to be an uncertain agreement on how effective the masks really are,the virus is .1 microns,even the CDC says they are not really for daily use and does more to keep the user from spreading then actually protecting.

A cool aspect while they are working on a vaccine.

China posted to all the world health organizations the first string of the virus on last Friday.

In the United States the health department had already had a test vaccine that was sent to a lab in Massachusetts that created it and is now being shipped back to China.

They did this in a span of receiving the string on Friday and had the first phase ready for testing by Saturday,the next day.

It was only the first phase out of a few more needed.

That was a big part of the problem,China was not releasing information from the start.

It attacks the lungs,most of the dead has been male elderly that had COPD or ummm smokers or those who had lung problems before.

I guess it does not like women as much.

In case you haven't heard already:

The United States Badly Bungled Coronavirus Testing—But Things May Soon Improve
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...y-soon-improve

The US has only tested 459 people so far.

Meanwhile:

Federal Workers Were Sent to Help U.S. Coronavirus Evacuees Without Proper Protection, Whistleblower Says
    https://time.com/5792135/coronavirus...hhs-employees/

It's been reported they were untrained for 5 days, and freely interacted with the public. They stayed in local hotels, ate at local restaurants, and flew on domestic flights. Days later a local woman who had no risk factors became infected. And another, not far away. A third in Oregon. Many suspect the mistakes reported by the whistleblower resulted in freeing the virus to circulate among us.

Trump calls this a hoax, and without any evidence he links the outbreak to illegal immigration:

Trump Calls Coronavirus Criticism Democrats' 'New Hoax' and Links It to Immigration
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ation-at-rally

No surprise from someone who thinks climate change is a hoax created by China and wind turbines cause cancer.

This epidemic must be managed responsibly, not politicized. But that seems impossible with this administration in charge.
    Last edited by bust; February-29-20 at 12:38 AM.

“No surprise from someone who thinks climate change is a hoax created by China and wind turbines cause cancer.

This epidemic must be managed responsibly, not politicized. But that seems impossible with this administration in charge.”

And here you are politicizing it while complaining about others politicizing it.

A dinosaur told me he was also at a loss to humans impact on climate change,but hey we are all dead in 10 years because of it.

My guess this was all created by a never Trumper just so they could crash the economy and say ... see I told you so.
    Last edited by Richard; February-29-20 at 09:00 AM.

Non-political reasoning for why it is best to prepare for whatever is coming our way. So far, in China, only one person of every 16,250 people has a confirmed case of coronavirus. On a per capita basis it would be like the U.S. having 4,000 confirm cases...so far.

A doctor wrote this to me a couple of days ago. The attached article expands on part of the doctor's notes-

"My summary of Coronavirus: we don’t know much about it yet, it will almost certainly arrive, it will probably be worse than influenza but most young healthy people will be fine, we probably don’t have sufficient healthcare resources to manage it as well as we’d like [[influenza season alone can strain the system), it may disrupt supply lines and infrastructure due to quarantines and absent employees. If we can contain it and slow its progress, it’ll be helpful in terms of resources.

I
    ve started working on my supply of non perishable food, water and household supplies. I’ve noticed many stores are low on bleach and hand sanitizer. N95 masks are not available. I'm getting things that we're going to use anyway, just stocking up in advance so we have a buffer. I'm trying to stock for a month worth now."

Preparing for Coronavirus to Strike the U.S.

Getting ready for the possibility of major disruptions is not only smart; it’s also our civic duty

In Hawaii and California, the lines are getting longer at Costco as residents stock up. I don't understand buying bottle water when one can just fill up empty gallon milk containers with tap water. If we all just buy stuff we are going to eventually use, there won't be much waste and we can avoid possible chaotic scenes at the store when coronavirus numbers increase. This is like preparing for a hurricane but with a much longer prep time. There is little excuse for not preparing for most of us.

Below: Going to work or school in Taipei. Almost everyone has a surgical mask. Taiwan has only 39 confirmed cases despite its close ties and proximity with China.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by oladub; March-01-20 at 10:09 AM.

Name:  89117994_3774471049237153_6056524523019173888_n.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  46.7 KB

Well that CD would raise awareness for sure!

A COVID-19 vaccine is in the future but will take months at least to
    bring to market. In the meantime there are several medications
    that can be given that should help someone who has just caught COVID-19.
    The most specific is remdesivir from Gilead, currently provided on a compassionate basis, hence is not readily available, or a very
    similar compound.

The list of recommended medicines provided by the Chinese also includes chloroquine, which is readily available, and Kaletra, which is a drug combination intended to treat HIV that is also available.

The persons most likely to be hard hit by COVID-19 are older current smokers who reside in areas with high amounts of air pollution.

However the news has many examples of patients who don't fit this profile such as the Diamond Princess cruise ship passengers and crew.
    Last edited by Dumpling; March-02-20 at 06:04 AM.

Why the need for bottled water? I haven't heard anything about viruses traveling through water pipes.

This is beginning to sound like a ramp-up for the walking dead. I don't get the bottled water or some other things. On one hand they're telling us to dooms-day prep in case we're all quarantined and on the other hand they're telling us that kids under the age of 10 don't get the disease, that it's no worse than a bad cold for normal, healthy adults and that the worst of it will be for the elderly or those with compromised immune systems. So which is it: we're all gonna die or it's no real big deal???
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Why the need for bottled water? I haven't heard anything about viruses traveling through water pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    ... So which is it: we're all gonna die or it's no real big deal???
    I can guarantee that we're all gonna die — not necessarily of coronavirus though.

I suspect I'll die from being a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I can guarantee that we're all gonna die — not necessarily of coronavirus though.

I suspect I'll die from being a smartass.
    I've no doubt I'll go passive aggressively myself

They are trying to tell everybody that they need to have an emergency stock on hand,if not for this at least you will have it for the next emergency whatever it may be.

It never fails in Florida,call a named hurricane out in the ocean 500 miles away and 3/4 of the population will wait until the day before it is expected to hit then go stand in line for 5 hours for a case of water or to inspect already cleared grocery store shelves.

You have to be self supporting for at least 72 hours before expecting government help in an emergency.

A couple extra cans of food every time you go shopping,a couple cases of water and a cheap first aid kit.

In theory one could survive a 14 day emergency lock down with a bag of rice and some dried beans,survival food.

Difference between the US and China is no way the US could pull a lockdown like China did.

Even at that it still has not reached the level of the 15 teenagers a day that were dying from distracted driving cell phones,no cellphoneavirus was declared back then.

When you are prepared you control your personal situation,when you are not others are in control and you cannot always rely on them and they will be in panic and disorganized mode.

I am guessing that next somebody will try to link this to climate change.
    Last edited by Richard; March-02-20 at 03:31 PM.

^ speaking of the walking dead,why did they fight zombies trying to cross the country,it always showed them walking down the train tracks,they could have just hotwired a train,they could have crossed the entire country in two days.

There is an abandoned prison close to where they filmed that in Georgia,push comes to shove I am thinking a go fund me to buy it,once people survive the 14 days outside the gates they can be let in.
    Last edited by Richard; March-02-20 at 03:42 PM.

The word "uncanny" really doesn't belong in a research paper title IMO. It lends emotion to something that can be stated as pure fact.

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast