Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast

President speaking now in a press release [[12:51 PM). Dr. Deborah Birx is talking about the surface exposure vs. person to person contact re. the virus. This exposure [[surface) is a new consideration. I will post video/ more info when they are done...

I think everyone should read the title of this thread. We may discriminate based on politics & personal agendas, but the virus doesn't. There isn't anyone who's been President in our lifetime that would have responded to this event properly and made all the right decisions. This is all on a large scale of unchartered territory for everyone. Even the experts on diseases & viruses sent out mixed messages along the way. Mistakes have been made, and we're going to make more at every level. It's the nature of the beast.

As a 60 year old life-long Democrat who has never voted for a Republican, I don't hesitate to share with people that I have appreciated the efforts of our V.P. Politics aside, he has shown leadership in his role. He's been calm, direct, kept us informed, and yielded to those who know more than him....and believe me, I am/was no fan. Some people rise up and shine in a crisis, some people sit down and fade away. I actually give President Trump credit for naming Mike Pence to lead the team. He is doing his best to represent and speak for everyone. I'll be the first one to admit we could have much worse. That goes the same for Dr. Fauci….take a catnap Sir, you deserve one. We trust and need you.

We will get through this, but nothing will be the same after, and it shouldn't. Books will be written for a generation about what's occurred that we know about, and what's already and will go on behind closed doors that we don't yet know. We have work to do when this is over...all of us at every level, because this will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    One related note: Jack Ma of Alibaba just donated 1M N-95 face masks to the U.S.. That's 20% as much as the entire U.S. military donated. Thank you, Jack Ma.. It says something that the U.S. is taking hand-outs from China.
    Nice gesture, but I have a feeling this is more about the Chinese Propaganda machine at work as opposed to goodwill and our media is running with it. The U.S shipped masks to China a month ago, I wonder how the Chinese covered it?

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status...lion-in-aid%2F
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-18-20 at 12:56 PM.

Well stated BMan! I wrote the thread title with that in mind. Politically, many have been divided right down the middle up thru this point, but some permeability and broader thinking is needed to succeed this!

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I think everyone should read the title of this thread. We may discriminate based on politics & personal agendas, but the virus doesn't. There isn't anyone who's been President in our lifetime that would have responded to this event properly and made all the right decisions. This is all on a large scale of unchartered territory for everyone. Even the experts on diseases & viruses sent out mixed messages along the way. Mistakes have been made, and we're going to make more at every level. It's the nature of the beast...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-20 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I think everyone should read the title of this thread. We may discriminate based on politics & personal agendas, but the virus doesn't. There isn't anyone who's been President in our lifetime that would have responded to this event properly and made all the right decisions. This is all on a large scale of unchartered territory for everyone. Even the experts on diseases & viruses sent out mixed messages along the way. Mistakes have been made, and we're going to make more at every level. It's the nature of the beast.

As a 60 year old life-long Democrat who has never voted for a Republican, I don't hesitate to share with people that I have appreciated the efforts of our V.P. Politics aside, he has shown leadership in his role. He's been calm, direct, kept us informed, and yielded to those who know more than him....and believe me, I am/was no fan. Some people rise up and shine in a crisis, some people sit down and fade away. I actually give President Trump credit for naming Mike Pence to lead the team. He is doing his best to represent and speak for everyone. I'll be the first one to admit we could have much worse. That goes the same for Dr. Fauci….take a catnap Sir, you deserve one. We trust and need you.

We will get through this, but nothing will be the same after, and it shouldn't. Books will be written for a generation about what's occurred that we know about, and what's already and will go on behind closed doors that we don't yet know. We have work to do when this is over...all of us at every level, because this will happen again.
    Sorry I do not know how to quote a small section.

100% and it bears to be repeated over everybody’s television screen hourly.

When you look at how it is being handled in every other country in the world there is little difference in the response.

Its kinda like telling GM to make and produce a new model from scratch and using zero technology or parts from the past,and they have a week to do it in.

The scary part is they said on the news that during WW2 with rationing,you were only allowed 1 cup of coffee per day,that happens,all bets are off.
    Last edited by Richard; March-18-20 at 01:46 PM.

That's all that's scary? We're no way as civil as those folks were... in this ME/ Self-Worship culture/ world?

Just think black-Friday shoppers to the 100x power w/ angst blended in...... butt-ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...The scary part is they said on the news that during WW2 with rationing, you were only allowed 1 cup of coffee per day, that happens, all bets are off.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-18-20 at 02:27 PM.

"President Trump on Wednesday invoked the Defense Production Act [[DPA), a set of emergency powers that will give the federal government the ability to ramp up the production of medical supplies such as masks, ventilators, gloves and other equipment to help the U.S. medical system respond to coronavirus cases."

"The Defense Production Act was enacted during the Cold War to allow the president to cajole — and even coerce — industry into producing products deemed necessary for national defense. In this case, the DPA would allow the U.S. government “to incentivize a company who already makes [emergency medical supplies] to make more of them,” said Jeff Bialos, a veteran Washington attorney who served as deputy undersecretary of defense for industrial affairs in the Clinton White House."
    https://news.yahoo.com/heeding-calls...170403554.html

First death related to the virus report an hour ago....https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/bea...virus-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's all that's scary? We're no way as civil as those folks were... in this ME/ Self-Worship culture/ world?

Just think black-Friday shoppers to the 100x power w/ angst blended in...... butt-ugly!
    Ah ha and you guys laughed at me when I said buy ammo.

I remember a time when a handshake was not only a greeting or a sealing of a deal but when you shook somebody’s hand you were giving them your bond of your word.

Now they got us rubbing elbows.

I sell a lot on market place,99% of the people that make an appointment will never call or show.I get nervous even thinking I am going to be even 30 seconds late for an appointment.

Thats why I became self employed,I did not like the stress of being late for work.

It has has always been dog eat dog but now it seems like for the majority it is I am going to get what I can and screw everybody else because it is all about me.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    "President Trump on Wednesday invoked the Defense Production Act [[DPA), a set of emergency powers that will give the federal government the ability to ramp up the production of medical supplies such as masks, ventilators, gloves and other equipment to help the U.S. medical system respond to coronavirus cases."

"The Defense Production Act was enacted during the Cold War to allow the president to cajole — and even coerce — industry into producing products deemed necessary for national defense. In this case, the DPA would allow the U.S. government “to incentivize a company who already makes [emergency medical supplies] to make more of them,” said Jeff Bialos, a veteran Washington attorney who served as deputy undersecretary of defense for industrial affairs in the Clinton White House."
    https://news.yahoo.com/heeding-calls...170403554.html

Honeywell wanted to fire up a factory producing masks,it would have taken them 6 months of regulations in order to do so,they are an example of companies that can start production today.

IMF flat out told Venezuela NO when they asked for billions to help with corona virus,they are not that stupid as they know very well that the funds will be in the pocket of the ruling class and not trickle down to those who will need it.

As it stands they have no healthcare system,few doctors and nurses left with little supplies to even treat people,its all in reserve for the political rulers and their families.
    Last edited by Richard; March-18-20 at 04:45 PM.

Sorry I do not know how to quote a small section.
    Find the part you want to post, delete all the words you don't want by either backing them out or selecting them with your mouse and hitting delete. Place your cursor in front of the bracket in front of the word "quote" and hit the delete key until all the blank spaces are gone. If you have spaces in front of the first word you left on the screen, put your cursor in front of the word and backspace until you reach the back bracket in the first "[quote]".Then save.
    Last edited by jcole; March-19-20 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Find the part you want to post, ...
    HAHAHAHA! And don't bother looking for the fat crayons. We only use the thin ones now.

[QUOTE=jcole;588838]Find the part you want to post, delete all the words you don't want by either backing them out or selecting them with your mouse and hitting delete. Place your cursor in front of the bracket in front of the word "quote" and hit the delete key until all the blank spaces are gone. If you have spaces in front of the first word you left on the screen, put your cursor in front of the word and backspace until you reach the back bracket in the first
    .Then save.

What happened to the 3M company that was making them? I have a precious three-pack of them - purchased at Home Depot back in the spring for construction project around the house that was never started.....

Honeywell wanted to fire up a factory producing masks,it would have taken them 6 months of regulations in order to do so,they are an example of companies that can start production today...

What happened to the 3M company that was making them? I have a precious three-pack of them - purchased at Home Depot back in the spring for construction project around the house that was never started.....
    3M is ramping up production 24-7 in China,you heard of the saying,slow boat from China.

The ones promising to donate 500,000 masks,where do they plan on getting them? It’s not like they are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be donated.

When a company calls itself a global company These days it means it’s production factory’s are in China.

3M Minnesota Mining Manufacturing = 3M

I had a grandfather that worked for 3M during the depression,instead of closing they figured out the very basics that the employees needed to pay their bills in order to survive.

That was their salary,the balance was paid in company stock,then what they would do is have everybody show up with their families 3 times a day for meals in the factory.

So they were able to survive.

My grandfather started out as a janitor and worked his way up but died a very wealthy person with those depression stocks.

As a country we have really fallen far.

I am not sure how Honeywell can get into production like that,there has got to be some equipment involved that would not just be laying around.

Russia and Finland during WW2 everybody that had a sewing machine was producing uniforms and masks.I do not think people even know how to use one let alone know what it is.

But worldwide the demand is for 100s of millions of masks.

China was saying a basic mask is only good for 3 days,the 7-11 by my house still has plenty at the check out.
    Last edited by Richard; March-18-20 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    HAHAHAHA! And don't bother looking for the fat crayons. We only use the thin ones now.
    Hey,you think money grows on trees,I will use my fat crayons until they are all used up into tiny little stubs,and then and only then and only if I run across a box of skinny crayons at a garage sale or a box of broken ones at the discount store where I can glue them back together,I will entertain purchasing the new fangled skinny crayons.

The skinny ones do not taste that good anyways.

Thank you Everybody for the tutorial it is appreciated.

Next week we can work on uploading pictures.
    Last edited by Richard; March-18-20 at 10:34 PM.

Look at you! Now you can partially 'quote' from your friend-enemies......

Thank you Everybody for the tutorial it is appreciated.

Next week we can work on uploading pictures.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-19-20 at 05:02 AM.

I need to learn how to upload pictures too. Haven't done so before because I didn't think my pictures would add much to the forum. Will be sparing in the future!

Look at you! Now you can partially 'quote' from your friend-enemies......
    He inputed without Thom,I will take what I can get.

I do not view anybody that I may disagree with as my enemy,opposition keeps us forever aware.There is always a middle ground somewhere we just have to figure out where it is,unless it comes to gun control then it just ain’t happening

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Washington State had just over 600 cases yesterday Saturday March 14, 2020 which is close to what their expert was predicting earlier. The next doubling is for Friday March 20, 2020. If the projection holds there should be 1,200 cases in Washington State on that day. If there are fewer cases than 1,200 it will show that preventive measures are having a positive effect there.
    As of Wednesday March 18, 2020, two days short of the March 20th target date for assessing how well preventive measures are working, there are 1187 cases and 264 deaths in Washington State. In a way it's nice that the current case number validates the model by being close to the projection. In a way it is not so good because it does not confirm that whatever preventive measures that were in place in Washington State on about March 12th were working well. [[We were shopping and stocking up and not wearing face masks and gloves around that date.)

In Washington State, the date that the closing of all schools in the state took place was March 17th so it is too early to see the preventive impact of closing all schools in that state as well as whatever other measures were being taken on March 17th. Thursday March 26th is the next target doubling date: if there are fewer cases than 2,400 on March 26th, 2020, it will show that preventive measures are having a positive effect there.

I'm putting this stuff in this thread because Washington State is our state role model for this epidemic. They are ahead on the curve.

I think I fixed it. It's not real easy to describe, is it? LOL
    [QUOTE=Maof;588849]
    Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Find the part you want to post, delete all the words you don't want by either backing them out or selecting them with your mouse and hitting delete. Place your cursor in front of the bracket in front of the word "quote" and hit the delete key until all the blank spaces are gone. If you have spaces in front of the first word you left on the screen, put your cursor in front of the word and backspace until you reach the back bracket in the first

Name:  89994839_10222255430113924_9024389973012381696_n.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  98.5 KB

Interesting point coming out of today’s White House press briefing.

Even if their were 10 million masks sitting in a warehouse somewhere,due to liability reasons they would not have been allowed to be released to the hospitals.

They have lifted the liability clause in order to allow the supply to start reaching the hospitals once production ramps up.

The press is still on the racist for calling it the Chinese virus.

I wonder if people from the West Nile are going to start racist claims,every virus in history has been named according to point of origination.

The press also tried to get him to nail down an exact date of when this will be over.

He told them they were not practicing safe social distancing requirements while sitting in the press room and half of them should not be there.

I agree.

Instead of pulling together they still have to keep on with the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    I'm putting this stuff in this thread because Washington State is our state role model for this epidemic. They are ahead on the curve.
    Carefull with Washington state and using it as a guide,it has the highest death rate because it was spread through the nursing homes before it was realized as to how.

We have death rates and recovery rates.

There have been lots that were contaminated with the virus and have fully recovered without the use of a specific cure.

Most have said it was like a really bad case of the flu and underlying health conditions seems to pay a major role
    with survival rates.

Ya all Notice I partially quoted there,learn something new every day.

Turkey is sending 500,000 test kits to the US.

I have to wonder if the test kits are universal,when I was in the military you did not deploy to another country without getting a multitude of different shots all tailored to the country you were headed to.

Our systems are different,chemicals residing from processed food,different shots that we received sense childhood,every country just has a different chemical make up in the citizens.
    Last edited by Richard; March-19-20 at 02:18 PM.

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast