Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    As I mentioned, they just repaved it and it's smooth and quiet. [[I-94)
    Gov Whitmer will NOT be fixing the dam n roads. Not even possible,.. certainly not in the next 30 years.

Asphalt has a very short lifespan on a freeway. I-94 has been re-surfaced many times before.

The ONLY way one can fix the damn roads is to re-do each freeway, major surface street etc to a much higher standard when IT DOES get redone,... and after decades of doing that, the number of road projects that need to happen each Summer will start to drop. So thicker road beds, thicker cement surfaces, better drainage, etc,.. and eventually the orange barrels will be half of what they are in a normal year.

Resurfacing a freeway in asphalt DOES NOT COUNT as fixing the damn roads. It is just regular maintenance.

And even if someone gave the Gov a trillion in cash,. the roads STILL wouldn't get fixed in 8 years. [[Not that there's any chance she'll be in office that long). There are only so many companies that can properly redo a freeway,.. and it's not like 1/2 of them are sitting around doing nothing each Summer.

Secondly,.. you can't close down all the freeways and major surface streets at the same time,.. for a decade. Just the widening of I-75 is scheduled to take 17 years. If we did I-94 correctly,.. that would take 5 years easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Now getting to Whitmer... AS I ALREADY POSTED... what she did was disturbing [[sending patients to nursing home, and vetoing that bill)............................ Their death numbers are rising by the hundreds daily, while Michigan's is doing so at a trickle [[5-18 daily).
    Well,.. some would argue that it's easy to get the numbers to drop when you've killed off the most vulnerable to the disease. They can only die once.

Her handling of this is certainly 100x worse than people accuse Trump of. The president built massive hospital tents, sent ships, provided funding to convert stadiums etc to hospital / recovery centers. We didn't even bother to use them. Are we seriously believing that there was NO WAY to put covid pos people into empty Cobo for a week or two until they tested neg? $100 says if Trump had been the governor, he would have signed an executive order to do just that [[even if it contradicted some health-department rule),.. and we would have saved those lives. Some Satan worshiper would have challenged it in court of course,.. and the presidents lawyers could have fought it out, stalling for time in order to save the lives of thousands of seniors.

He would have taken a beating,.. but thousands of seniors would still be alive. Our governor simply has no guts or compassion.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-17-20 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Gov Whitmer will NOT be fixing the dam n roads. Not even possible,.. certainly not in the next 30 years.

Asphalt has a very short lifespan on a freeway. I-94 has been re-surfaced many times before.

The ONLY way one can fix the damn roads is to re-do each freeway, major surface street etc to a much higher standard when IT DOES get redone,... and after decades of doing that, the number of road projects that need to happen each Summer will start to drop. So thicker road beds, thicker cement surfaces, better drainage, etc,.. and eventually the orange barrels will be half of what they are in a normal year.

Resurfacing a freeway in asphalt DOES NOT COUNT as fixing the damn roads. It is just regular maintenance.

And even if someone gave the Gov a trillion in cash,. the roads STILL wouldn't get fixed in 8 years. [[Not that there's any chance she'll be in office that long). There are only so many companies that can properly redo a freeway,.. and it's not like 1/2 of them are sitting around doing nothing each Summer.

Secondly,.. you can't close down all the freeways and major surface streets at the same time,.. for a decade. Just the widening of I-75 is scheduled to take 17 years. If we did I-94 correctly,.. that would take 5 years easy.

Well,.. some would argue that it's easy to get the numbers to drop when you've killed off the most vulnerable to the disease. They can only die once.

Her handling of this is certainly 100x worse than people accuse Trump of. The president built massive hospital tents, sent ships, provided funding to convert stadiums etc to hospital / recovery centers. We didn't even bother to use them. Are we seriously believing that there was NO WAY to put covid pos people into empty Cobo for a week or two until they tested neg? $100 says if Trump had been the governor, he would have signed an executive order to do just that [[even if it contradicted some health-department rule),.. and we would have saved those lives. Some Satan worshiper would have challenged it in court of course,.. and the presidents lawyers could have fought it out, stalling for time in order to save the lives of thousands of seniors.

He would have taken a beating,.. but thousands of seniors would still be alive. Our governor simply has no guts or compassion.

Bingo! It'll last about 3 years then will need to be resurfaced again. Years ago when I lived near 94 in Detroit resurfacing was a regular thing. Granholm was asked in an interview once why it's not being repaired properly, her reply was it would cost too much. She didn't offer that the gas tax dollars that were supposed to be used for repair, had long since been moved into the general fund and are now being used for other things.
    But this thread is about Covid-19. Last week I spoke with two friends, my age, who's mothers had died in nursing centers. Both had gone in for none Covid related illnesses, contracted the virus, and died. Well, one for sure. The other had tests done, but they were "lost" after her passing, and he doesn't want her exhumed. It's a scary sore spot with me right now. I don't find Whitmer's veto amusing.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-17-20 at 08:45 AM.