Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1680

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    lol watch out for rocks in the road,and potholes.
    Our Governor "fix the damn roads" Whitmer is doing a decent job after over a decade of lack of maintenance on them. I-94 just blocks from my house has just been asphalted and is as smooth as can be. There are traffic cones all over the state. Many other roads are fixed as well... so the potholes [[at least in metro Detroit) have been reduced during her tenure. It will take some time to make up for over a decade [[under both parties leadership) for them to catch up on road fixing.

And again, unlike the governors of southern states she has a "wear your damn mask" attitude... along with a potential [[rarely enforced) $500 fine for entering a retail or other establishment. Trump hates Whitmer... because unlike the southern governors who kowtow to his whims... she doesn't. And while she may be on Biden's long list, she's not going anywhere... she's too inexperienced, and she has a 60% approval rating here in Michigan, granted that's mostly in the states urban areas. The outstate areas are Trump country... where mask wearing and social distancing are more ignored than in the urban areas.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-10-20 at 12:55 AM.

Democratic New York City Councilman Paul Vallone believes that the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine helped him recover from COVID-19.

https://www.lacortenews.com/n/democr...saved-his-life
    During vaccine and other medicine testing... don't folks who get a placebo, also swear by them? Not saying that the drug doesn't help some people... but the medical community for the most part doesn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    During vaccine and other medicine testing... don't folks who get a placebo, also swear by them? Not saying that the drug doesn't help some people... but the medical community for the most part doesn't agree.
    Well, you're being instructed to believe that the medical community thinks it doesn't work. but A LOT of censorship is occuring, as you probably know.

It seems the medical community mostly does agree. Even Fauci wrote a paper of how it worked on Corona viruses.

But NOW, he has the opportunity to make hundreds of millions [[once again) by causing hundreds of thousands of deaths [[once again). This time from a virus that Fauci himself helped fund the creation of.. And doctors who disagree with his death for money scheme are being censored.

So it's hard for you to know what most doctors think.

We are starting to become a bit like China. In China now there are 8 MILLION state employees who censor the internet. The CCP now spends more money on defending itself from it's own people than they do on national defense.

And that's in addition to the "free 50-centers" who do it no charge because they've been so brainwashed. I think we have some of both group in here.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-10-20 at 07:49 AM.

If we're posting anecdotes as evidence now...

Republican State Senator Randy Fine [[R-FL) says HCQ therapy "not magic" after the drug failed to improve his condition. Despite taking the drug soon after he was diagnosed, as prescribed by his doctor, his conditions progressively worsened until he eventually required hospitalization [[and then got proper treatment).

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...19/5573368002/

"I just got tired of every time I made an update people stating that if I just took [[hydroxychloroquine) I'd be magically healed which was particularly frustrating because I was taking it," he told FLORIDA TODAY in a text.
    His Facebook page was filled with conservatives attacking him, saying that he must have taken the drug incorrectly or not "as prescribed" if it didn't work for him. Keep in mind, this guy is an uber-Right Wing Trump-loving Republican official being attacked by his own kind for violating "orthodoxy" by simply posting the truth of his actual experience with the drug.

ALMOST IMMUNE! 97,000 children test positive for COVID-19 nationwide in the final two weeks of July.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...over-two-weeks

The thing is,if you are dying and they give you a shot of the stuff and it saves your life,you will not care what the medical community agrees on.

For the most part the medical community as a whole does not really agree on much at all.

My pothole comment was in response to an animated gif posted,your governor is your cross to bear.

The the thing I find interesting with her is the whole censorship of the media and only allowing them to present questions that are pre-approved by her.

After raising a ruckus about Trumps dealing with the media,I learned through the years not to put much faith in hypocrisy because those who practice it can turn on you at any given second.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    If we're posting anecdotes as evidence now...

Republican State Senator Randy Fine [[R-FL) says HCQ therapy "not magic" after the drug failed to improve his condition. Despite taking the drug soon after he was diagnosed, as prescribed by his doctor, his conditions progressively worsened until he eventually required hospitalization [[and then got proper treatment).

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...19/5573368002/

His Facebook page was filled with conservatives attacking him, saying that he must have taken the drug incorrectly or not "as prescribed" if it didn't work for him. Keep in mind, this guy is an uber-Right Wing Trump-loving Republican official being attacked by his own kind for violating "orthodoxy" by simply posting the truth of his actual experience with the drug.
    And the point is?

It is another tool in the tool box and like every other medicine on the planet,every person is an individual and their body reacts differently.

If you are that concerned about it Tattoo do not inject hydroxy into me if I am dying on you.

You are not God and you have no right to argue against something that may or may not save somebody’s life,it is their personal choice.

ALMOST IMMUNE! 97,000 children test positive for COVID-19 nationwide in the final two weeks of July.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...over-two-weeks
    Ok we get it. You can stop beating that dead horse. The president used an incorrect word. CLEARLY he meant;

'children almost never die, and show much less symptoms if any, and the data suggests it is harder for them to transmit Covid to others than with adults, and for them it is much less risky than the FLU. Persons age 24 and under have died at a rate 0.0012 as often as persons 65 and older. And for school age children 2-18 is far less than that.'

But............... "almost immune' was shorter and perfectly got the point across.

Leave it to you to narrowly define the word,.. then point out that what the president said was technically incorrect, and spend weeks trying to beat him over the head with it.

Everyone without an axe to grind knew EXACTLY what he meant. In fact, I'm pretty sure YOU do also. You just like to attack people. I'm guessing it makes you feel better about yourself.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-10-20 at 08:07 AM.

According to this Riverview has the highest mortality rate.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-cases-deaths/

According to this

Caucasian death rate is at 46%
    African American 26% but yet not long ago it was reported that it was the African Americans that were experiencing a higher death rate.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ace-ethnicity/

Lansing — At least 40% of those killed by the novel coronavirus in Michigan so far are black, a percentage that far exceeds the proportion of African Americans in the Detroit region and state.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...00/5113221002/

Its a bit contradicting one would think,I do not know,do SE Michigan whites identify as African Americans?

Richard...

Race percentages of Michiganders by population...

Whites... 75.7%
    Blacks... 13.9%

https://statisticalatlas.com/state/M...-and-Ethnicity

Now go back and look at your pie chart....

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ace-ethnicity/

Let me interpret it for you...

Whites.... 75.7% of state population... deaths... 43% of state population.

African American... 13.9% of state population... deaths... 26% of state population.

The pie charts alone are useless, unless you know the actual state total population race percentages...

^^^ And the increased sound of the ambulances, the funeral home back-logs, delayed memorials, and none the least knowing many who died.

It was/ and is alot less abstract in that context!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-10-20 at 09:10 AM.

Oh, he CLEARLY meant that? Maybe you need to get a job in the press corp so you can translate all the stupid shit he says to what he "clearly" meant.
    If anybody tried that shit with something Biden said you'd be all over them like a cheap suit.
    He's a grown man and the President of the United States; he should be able to clearly communicate what it is that he means to say without his minions doing it for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Ok we get it. You can stop beating that dead horse. The president used an incorrect word. CLEARLY he meant;

'children almost never die, and show much less symptoms if any, and the data suggests it is harder for them to transmit Covid to others than with adults, and for them it is much less risky than the FLU. Persons age 24 and under have died at a rate 0.0012 as often as persons 65 and older. And for school age children 2-18 is far less than that.'

^^^ Yes. I've been saying this all the long - day one. You don't have to be an extreme-hate-all-things-of-and-including-Trump person to see that he's often said things [[content) in a stye [[rambling, fragmented sentences) and manner not advantageous to his election or subject discussed.

And BIDEN'S FAR WORSE [[content and delivery!). So for me it's not an either/ or partisan teeter-totter construct. It's both/ and! But a sitting president must really take care. I don't have spare vertebrae of backbone to defend politicians of any side when they so readily create their own problems.

My first priority of defense is re. my faith, myself, my family and community.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-10-20 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, he CLEARLY meant that? Maybe you need to get a job in the press corp so you can translate all the stupid shit he says to what he "clearly" meant.
    If anybody tried that shit with something Biden said you'd be all over them like a cheap suit.
    He's a grown man and the President of the United States; he should be able to clearly communicate what it is that he means to say without his minions doing it for him.
    Pretty much, yes. Immune can be used a lot of different ways. Esoterically [[to doctors) it has a fairly narrow definition. But one non-doctor to another, it is used a lot more broadly. For instance,.. a lawyer might say that this or that gives you immunity from lawsuit or prosecution. [[No viruses involved). Or any old Joe might say "immune from criticism", or whatever.

Here the president is quite obviously using it like "Immune from ill effects." That's how literally everyone took it when he said it. It was only after professional liars like Chris Como etc battered us over the head for a week that people started to think the president possibly could have been thinking that children couldn't catch it at all. But really,... do we think the president thinks that? That's a HUGE stretch.

I'm guessing you and AJ would have used the term broadly as well,... and not ONLY to mean that a virus cannot enter or replicate itself within a body.

So I take it you and AJ will be voting for Biden in his upcoming Senate race?
    https://youtu.be/xGymiFlyl0E?t=7

You have to admit,.. uning the word Immune in the commonly used sense instead of the strict medical definition is infinitely less of a gaff than not knowing what office you're running for right? The poor guy doesn't even know he's running for president?

I guess that leaves Pres Trump as the only candidate running. Should be a slam dunk then.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-10-20 at 09:57 AM.

^^^^ He is the President of the United States. He has been saying the wrong things, out of context, with the wrong words about nearly everything for the last 3+ years. By now he should be getting better instead of worse at it. I truly believe he either has dementia or Alzheimers and should not be in office. The head of any Fortune 500 company who had said the type of crap he has would have been given a bonus and sent home by now.

^^^^ He is the President of the United States. He has been saying the wrong things, out of context, with the wrong words about nearly everything for the last 3+ years. By now he should be getting better instead of worse at it. I truly believe he either has dementia or Alzheimers and should not be in office. The head of any Fortune 500 company who had said the type of crap he has would have been given a bonus and sent home by now.
    There are multiple physical and mental pointers to tertiary syphilis.

So impeach him and remove him from office.

O wait been there done that,didn’t work.

He was not elected to stimulate everybody’s senses,he was elected to get a job done and judged on doing what he promised and that is exactly what he has been doing.

No wonder the scammers make so much money,all they have to do is tell people what they want to hear and when and it is easy pickings.

Next thing you know a foreign country is going to come along with a bridge for sale,watch how many fall for that one .......
    Last edited by Richard; August-10-20 at 11:33 AM.

I agree. He should post more videos of chasing babies around the oval office, while bombing the crap out of Middle Eastern countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    So I take it you and AJ will be voting for Biden in his upcoming Senate race?
    https://youtu.be/xGymiFlyl0E?t=7
    There's a fundamental difference between misspeaking once...and telling a pattern of deliberate lies over and over and over again with a stated goal, such as trying to diminish the severity of COVID-19.

Misspeaking would be like the time Trump said we were building new Sherman tanks for the Army, or that there were airports during the Revolutionary War. For every example you can cite of Biden doing this, I could cite you FIVE examples of Trump mangling his words and thoughts, he does it every single day.

An example of a lie being told deliberately over and over and over again would be Donald Trump saying he is responsible for the Veterans' Choice Act, telling crowds over and over again that he passed it and no President was able to get it done in 50 years before he did it. He has told this lie over 150 times. Veterans' Choice was passed in 2014, under Barack Obama. When a reporter recently called him out on this blatant repeated lie at a press conference on Saturday, he walked out of the press conference like a petulant child.

There's a fundamental difference between misspeaking once...and telling a pattern of deliberate lies over and over and over again with a stated goal, such as trying to diminish the severity of COVID-19.

Misspeaking would be like the time Trump said we were building new Sherman tanks for the Army, or that there were airports during the Revolutionary War. For every example you can cite of Biden doing this, I could cite you FIVE examples of Trump mangling his words and thoughts, he does it every single day.

An example of a lie being told deliberately over and over and over again would be Donald Trump saying he is responsible for the Veterans' Choice Act, telling crowds over and over again that he passed it and no President was able to get it done in 50 years before he did it. He has told this lie over 150 times. Veterans' Choice was passed in 2014, under Barack Obama. When a reporter recently called him out on this blatant repeated lie at a press conference on Saturday, he walked out of the press conference like a petulant child.
    Misspeaking once? You really do have blinders on.

Every time this demented old fart comes out of his cave he misspeaks.

Would you like me to post a dozen or so incidents from resent demented episodes? Everybody has seen them except maybe you.

I guess cnn does not have access to them because i’m sure they are not bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Every time this demented old fart comes out of his cave he misspeaks.
    Are you talking about Biden or Trump? Anyways, go right ahead. Shall I share the video where Trump confuses 9/11 with 7-Eleven? That's a good one. Or the time Trump confused FIFA with FEMA?

Or the time Trump confused the Pulitzer Prize with the "Noble" Prize [[which he also misspelled)? Or the time he thought the Kansas City Chiefs played in Kansas? Or the aforementioned Revolutionary War airports and "brand new" Sherman tanks? Or Covfefe?

The time Trump asked a crowd how their "409Ks were doing?" Or the time he confused Concord NH for Concord Massachusetts. Or the time he confused "telework" with "telehealth", or mixed up ventilators and whistleblowers, or the time he called Apple CEO Tim Cook "Tim Apple?"

If you want to play that game, go right ahead. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses...

Nothing beats Biden saying “We can only elect Trump!”

There's a fundamental difference between misspeaking once...and telling a pattern of deliberate lies over and over and over again
    Ha, ha, ha. ONCE ? Wow.

Biden hasn't been a senator in what? 11 years? And hasn't campaigned for senate in 17 years?

And he says he's 'running for senate, and to look him over, and if we don't like what we see, then to vote for the other Biden.' What other Biden? Is there another Biden running for senate? Ha, ha.

An example of a lie being told deliberately over and over and over again would be Donald Trump saying he is responsible for the Veterans' Choice Act, telling crowds over and over again that he passed it and no President was able to get it done in 50 years before he did it. He has told this lie over 150 times. Veterans' Choice was passed in 2014, under Barack Obama.

See, your first clue was that you saw it on the Communist Propaganda Network.

Verdict = mostly false.

Not sure why the president said "Choice and Accountability", when he clearly means the VA Accountability Act of 2017 and the VA Mission Act of 2018. The Choice Act doesn't even exist.

RE his claim that he "fixed the problem", and that many past presidents hadn't been able to get it done,.. that is true.

The VA Choice Act DID NOT solve the problem. It was a temporary band-aid on one aspect of the many problems at the VA. It temporarily gave some veterans who were a long ways from a VA hospital some access to some healthcare outside of the VA system, and then had the VA pay for it. It did not tackle the horrible care, horrible wait times, bad doctors, etc of the VA at all that I can tell.

And before the president could get an actual fix enacted, he had to sign a 1 year extension to it in April of 2017.

From your link;
    The Choice program allowed veterans who lived more than 40 miles from a VA facility or had to wait more than 30 days for an appointment to have access to private care, but the program was time limited and Congress has struggled to come up with money for extensions.

The program was again due to run out of funding May 31, but the VA said there was enough money remaining to keep it in operation until Trump signed the VA Mission Act.

The new bill called for $5.2 billion in funding to keep the existing Choice program in operation for a year while the VA worked through reforms to consolidate the seven private-care options into one system while eliminating the 30-day, 40-mile restrictions."

In 2017 he enacted the VA Accountability Act, to hold doctors, nurses hospital admins etc responsible for mistreating veterans.

Then in June of 2018 he replaced the expiring VA Choice band-aid with an actual solution [[let's hope) called the VA Mission Act. A $55 Billion program. [[some say $52 Billion)

So when he says other presidents couldn't get it done, but he did, he's referring to the VA Accountability and Mission programs, which [[hopefully) will fix the issues long term,.. and not simply an expiring band-aid to one of the smaller issues with the VA system.

So basically, the CNN article is just another one of their silly hit pieces. The sorta thing they're known for. The president says 'Choice and accountability' instead of 'Accountability and Mission',.. and they go off on him for the miss-speak and claim that he lied 150 times about creating a program that doesn't exist.

That's why their ratings are so low. They're like a grocery store tabloid. You're not supposed to actually take it seriously.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-10-20 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Nothing beats Biden saying “We can only elect Trump!”
    Or the time Trump thought the mass shooting in Dayton Ohio was actually in Toledo? Or the time he said he bombed Iraq when he actually was referring to missile strikes in Syria. Or when he confused North and South Korea. Or when he referred to the nation of "Nambia"...which doesn't exist. The time he said "Belgium is a beautiful city" [[fact check: it's a country). The time he mixed up the new President of Ukraine with the President of Russia. The time he mixed up Nashville and New Orleans. The time he misspelled his own wife's name on Twitter. The time he thought that abolitionist Fredrick Douglass was still alive.

I could do this all day, the examples are endless. The time Trump claimed there would be "one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million tests" for coronavirus. The time he complained about the "oranges" of the Mueller probe [[he meant "origins").

Give me another Biden example, I'll give you 15 more for Trump.

How about when Trump got pissed off and cancelled a trip to Denmark because they refused to sell us Greenland? WTF? I'm sure a lot of Danes were scratching their heads over that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9BXkQ-SRc

How about when Trump got pissed off and cancelled a trip to Denmark because they refused to sell us Greenland? WTF? I'm sure a lot of Danes were scratching their heads over that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9BXkQ-SRc
    So who ended up buying Greenland ?

China,why?

Because of the cobalt reserves,that means in the future,cellphones,any electronics,electric cars,solar systems and pretty much everything else you progressives cry about in your new green save the planet is now going to be controlled by China.

So you get to laugh at Trump but the joke will be on you because you are now China’s bitch.

Soon they will control your life,but I guess it will be worth it to throw future generations under the bus.

They will be the ones thinking about you and thinking,WTF?

Its amazing the amount of people commenting that are only capable of looking at the big picture through a needle hole,and then they are always the first to say how everybody else is screwed up.

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast