Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1680

FDA withdraws emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...oxychloroquine

The Food and Drug Administration [[FDA) has withdrawn the emergency use authorization for two controversial coronavirus treatment drugs promoted by President Trump because of serious safety issues.The agency said recent clinical trial failures mean chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine may not be effective at treating COVID-19 or preventing it in people who have been exposed, and that their potential benefits do not outweigh the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    FDA withdraws emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...oxychloroquine

Donald's self-proclaimed fix

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Donald's self-proclaimed fix
    In case anyone was wondering why neither Trump nor anyone in his Administration has bothered to tout his "miracle drug" in last several weeks. Down the ol' memory hole.

Just one in the long list of ways Trump has mangled the national response to COVID-19: "Promoted dangerous and unproven treatments."

Lincoln Project Ad Marks 100,000 American Deaths From Coronavirus

Trump: "If we stop testing right now, we’d have very few cases, if any.”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...very-few-cases

He might be the dumbest person alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Lincoln Project Ad Marks 100,000 American Deaths From Coronavirus
    Every single Lincoln Project ad is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    In case anyone was wondering why neither Trump nor anyone in his Administration has bothered to tout his "miracle drug" in last several weeks. Down the ol' memory hole.

Just one in the long list of ways Trump has mangled the national response to COVID-19: "Promoted dangerous and unproven treatments."

Sooo dangerous it's been in common use by doctors for decades.

Sigh.

Hate is all you know isn't it?

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation helped negotiate who would score a $100 Billion government-backed contact tracing contract in August 2019 — six months before the ‘pandemic’ arrived in the United States and four months before it swept through China. [[Listen Above)

The investigative duo, in their first interview since that bombshell Congressional testimony, revealed to Paine that representatives from the Gates Foundation met with U.S. Congressman Bobby L. Rush at a sit down in Rwanda, East Africa in mid August 2019 to hash out who would score the windfall from a government contact tracing program. And just last month — nine months after the meetings with the Gates Foundation in Rwanda — Rush, a Democrat from Illinois, introduced the $100 BILLION H.R. 6666, the COVID-19 Testing, Reaching and Contacting Everyone [[TRACE) Act.

https://envirowatchrangitikei.wordpr...onsor-of-bill/

I do not know,$100 billion makes kinda worth it to spread a little bug around.
    Last edited by Richard; June-15-20 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Sooo dangerous it's been in common use by doctors for decades.

Sigh.

Hate is all you know isn't it?
    Take it up with the FDA, Junior. *I* didn't pull the emergency use authorization, they did. So your tears are wasted on me, although they are fun to watch.

Also, welcome back! Seems like you were on a vacation for several days or so, since you weren't posting around here. Hope it was a fun vacation!

Soooo,.. in your world, when you use statistics to make a point,.. you don't account for population size?

Because if you did,.. you'd realize we aren't #1. Rather we're the 9th worst.

And you'd realize that we were doing a lot better than Sweden, the UK, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium etc,.. and just one place worse than Switzerland in 10th.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    So no,.. I do not agree. We will fall further down that list of deaths per capita as other countries rocket past us [[in terms of death per capita).
    Well it's been two and a half weeks since this bold prediction of yours, so I thought I would revisit it. Remember that at the time you posted that, the USA was #9 in terms of deaths per capita. I said we would move up that list, you said we would move down. Who turned out to be right?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

In case you had trouble reading that, we moved up TWO spots in just two and a half weeks. We're now #7 in the world in deaths per capita, after surpassing both Ireland and the Netherlands in recent days. You sure called that one correctly! I'll spare you the indignity of saying that I was right and you were wrong.
    Last edited by aj3647; June-16-20 at 07:38 AM.

Deaths per capita

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Hit compare tab to bring in other countries.

Healthcare worker reveals 15 friends got coronavirus going Florida bar...

• Erika Crisp, 40, says she stayed at home for months adhering to lockdown rules
    • When Florida reopened she headed out to a Jacksonville bar with 15 friends
    • Three days later she felt sick and was later diagnosed with coronavirus
    • There were 2,783 new cases of coronavirus on Tuesday alone

From article:

...Murphy's Law, I guess,' Crisp said. 'The only thing we have in common is that one night at that one bar.'

'I think we were careless and we went out into a public place when we should not have. And we were not wearing masks. I think we had a whole 'Out of sight, out of mind' mentality. The state opens back up and said everybody was fine, so we took advantage of that,' she explained.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-16-20 at 09:15 PM.

I like this story of 15 friends going to a bar and all getting sick
    together better than the one about the Chinese family where
    all of them were found dead from COVID-19. Guess "Murphy's
    Law" doubly applies when going to an IRISH bar.

Thanks to prior research on coronaviruses and other deadly viruses,
    and great efforts from researchers and medical staff to improve care,
    the overall global death rate should decrease from now on and
    hopefully for the bar-goers and their friends and families too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Healthcare worker reveals 15 friends got coronavirus going Florida bar...

• Erika Crisp, 40, says she stayed at home for months adhering to lockdown rules
    • When Florida reopened she headed out to a Jacksonville bar with 15 friends
    • Three days later she felt sick and was later diagnosed with coronavirus
    • There were 2,783 new cases of coronavirus on Tuesday alone

From article:

...Murphy's Law, I guess,' Crisp said. 'The only thing we have in common is that one night at that one bar.'

'I think we were careless and we went out into a public place when we should not have. And we were not wearing masks. I think we had a whole 'Out of sight, out of mind' mentality. The state opens back up and said everybody was fine, so we took advantage of that,' she explained.
    She says it in her post “I can only speculate”

She says it starts 3 days later,how does she not know if she contracted it before going to the bar? Maybe she spread it to everybody else.

At any rate in Fl ,cases are going up with the 30-40 crowd but actual hospitalizations because of it have dropped over 50%.

It lists her as a healthcare worker that was locked down for the 60 days,what relevance does it have where she works,unless she was a essential healthcare worker but then she would not have been locked down.

I am out and about and have been sense it all started and have yet to actually meet anybody that has it,had it or was hospitalized from it.

Its there,people are going to catch it no matter what you do,it will not just disappear like people chastised the president for saying it will.

The key is related deaths and number of hospitalizations.

St Petersburg is implementing face masks requirements for employees of bar and restruants,but not the customers,or they will shut them down.

Its okay to loot and burn with impunity,just do not serve a drink with no mask or you get a fine or your business license revoked.

The sheriff says ,good luck trying to enforce that.

Two of the largest hospitals here have closed down their COVID wings for lack of patients and filled back up with elective care.

I deal with small businesses and restaurants every day,they made it through this lock down but now way will be able to survive another one,it would skip a recession and go straight into a depression.

I can drink a glass of orange juice or anything with a high vitamin C content and wake up the next morning with a full blown cold,so I do not drink it.

This girl knew the risk and took it and contributed to the spread by not following a little common sense.
    Last edited by Richard; June-17-20 at 09:24 PM.

U.S. death toll tops 120,000, well exceeding Trump's estimate of "75,000 - 100,000 dead" from last month.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

At the end of March, The president estimated the death toll would be 100k - 200k,.. and that the 100k would be a minimum number.

Fauci said the same thing a couple of days later.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/1/2120298...c-trump-deaths

He wasn't TOO terribly far off.

So far some 440,000 people have died world-wide from Covid. [[As compared to 640,000 people that die EVERY year from the FLU.)

I think guys like Richard have a WAY better handle on things than you like to give them credit for. Hate and fear seems to be your comfort zone. But not everyone is down with that, hence the friction.

^^^ Setting aside politics of who loves who, or will vote for who COVID-19 is widely distinct [[thus the name 'novel' in term of its behaviors) from the standard flu in terms of infection rate and rate of spread. For example in Detroit [[as has been noted) saw over 1000 deaths in the span of 6 weeks [[five of whom I knew) and many others very ill, and still more with minor symptoms and asymptomatic as per testings. Further, the specific damage to the broad and interstitial lung tissues in response to the virus was very acute and hard to manage [[respirator or other treatment options).

I don't think our response and approach can or will be the same should a second round occur this fall. We'll know far better on many levels.

I am finding it bit odd that she found out so fast but as a health worker perhaps she was able to put a rush on her results. And the symptoms can come on fast relative to very severe shortness of breath. Some passing away from that alone quickly. Many factors impact the outcome.

In any event, there are many walking about with the COVID asymptomatic in some parts of the country. I've knowns some who've did from the COVID, some sick, some minimal symptoms, testing later to have it, etc.

There's no amount of money that would find me an a bar crushed up with folks JUST yet. Nor a rally or protest. In Detroit some protests were held as motor-cades. Older people considering that the safest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    She says it in her post “I can only speculate”

She says it starts 3 days later,how does she not know if she contracted it before going to the bar? Maybe she spread it to everybody else.

At any rate in Fl ,cases are going up with the 30-40 crowd but actual hospitalizations because of it have dropped over 50%.....

I think guys like Richard have a WAY better handle on things than you like to give them credit for. Hate and fear seems to be your comfort zone. But not everyone is down with that, hence the friction.
    Welcome back from your "vacation", hope you went somewhere nice! How come you didn't acknowledge your prediction from three weeks ago about how the U.S. would fall in the "deaths per capita" rankings?

In case you forgot...
    https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...736#post594736

No comment, Bigdd? It's ok, you're so consumed with hatred, it must be hard to remember your own posts sometimes.

Hah! Viruses and the people they interact with are far too unpredictable for me to hedge bets beyond general caution! Heck even total-rule-round-em-up as needed China cannot fully control their viruses!

For certain the DIS-UNITED states'll have variables town to town, city to city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-18-20 at 03:19 PM.

Vietnam had not ONE death of Covid-19. They accomplished this by total lockdown, mask wearing and people listening to the experts. Can't happen here; everyone would rather be "free" than alive
    Last edited by jcole; June-19-20 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Vietnam had not ONE case of Covid-19. They accomplished this by total lockdown, mask wearing and people listening to the experts. Can't happen here; everyone would rather be "free" than alive
    Well sense you did scream ONE as in not ONE case,thatÂ’s not true.

“Vietnam shares a border with China, yet it has reported no deaths from COVID-19 and just 268 confirmed cases, when other Southeast Asian nations are reporting thousands.”

So how did they get there?

Experts say experience dealing with prior pandemics, early implementation of aggressive social distancing policies, strong action from political leaders and the muscle of a one-party authoritarian state have helped Vietnam.

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc recently characterized Vietnam's efforts as the "spring general offensive of 2020," a reference to the 1968 Tet Offensive, which many claim helped turn the tide of the Vietnam War.
    Tens of thousands have been put in quarantine camps.

Jcole

Did you pack a suitcase so you could report to your local quarantine camp?

Would you have ?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...aths-heres-why

By Thursday, those quarantined numbered 44,955, including nearly half in military-run centres, down about 15% from MondayÂ’s figure, official data showed, as many among the first influx to return home early in March were discharged.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21D0ZU

People are freaking out here with the mere mention of the military being used to stop cities from burning,325 million are actually going to report to a military run quarantine camp?

Its a military dictatorship that controls the people,they are only going to report what they want to,anybody says anything different,they die.

They really are not a case example of virus containment,more so how to instill fear into the population so they will do and say as told.

"People have been fined and imprisoned. They are using the restrictions on information to crack down on fake news, which can often just be people sharing rumours, not people with ill intent," he says.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/vi...27-p54nnb.html

Everybody keeps printing that they had zero deaths but Snopes is printing that they had 140 deaths.

But when people are threatened with fines and or prison for even discussing it,who believes what?

Last edited by Richard; June-18-20 at 07:25 PM.

Actually Snopes says nothing about coronavirus in Vietnam except for a re-printed article from CNN regarding how Vietnam kept the death tollAt zero

Florida doesn't seem to be having a good day.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-s...193427504.html

So if they had 268 cases but zero deaths,they are either not reporting the deaths or every other country in the world is not correctly reporting death rates,and the reports that this is a deadly disease have been disputed because Viet Nam proved it was not.

Correct?

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast