Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1680

Is THIS what you are talking about, because it's as close to China "buying" Greenland as I can find and they most certainly didn't "buy" Greenland. Australia already owned a company there and invited China to invest because they couldn't get anyone else, including the US, to bite:
    Shenghe is a leading producer of rare earths in China and has acquired its stake in Greenland Minerals as a future potential source of the elements which find their way into multiple technologies, especially electric motors, as well as certain military applications such as rocket guidance systems.
    The Australian company invited Shenghe to invest after it struggled to generate significant support in its home base or in Europe or North America, partly because the original plan for Greenland Mineral's Kvanefjeld project was as a source of uranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So who ended up buying Greenland ?

China,why?

And here is today's contribution:
    Name:  trump flu.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  50.1 KB
    "In 19...17, they say, right? The, the great, the great pandemic, certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to a 100 million people ... probably ended the Second World War [sic], all the soldiers were sick. Uh, it was a, that was a, terrible, situation."

That's Donald Trump explaining how the so called "Spanish Flu" Pandemic of *1918* ended World War TWO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    How about when Trump got pissed off and cancelled a trip to Denmark because they refused to sell us Greenland? WTF? I'm sure a lot of Danes were scratching their heads over that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9BXkQ-SRc

So who ended up buying Greenland ?

China,why?

Because of the cobalt reserves,that means in the future,cellphones,any electronics,electric cars,solar systems and pretty much everything else you progressives cry about in your new green save the planet is now going to be controlled by China.
    And who can we thank for that? Herr Trump... who has pissed off just about every democratic leader in Europe... but not the despots... whom he seems to have a bromance for....

Just read he wants to be put on Mt. Rushmore... not only is he stupid, he's also extremely tacky.

Europeans hate him as much, if not more, as THE MAJORITY of Americans do....

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Is THIS what you are talking about, because it's as close to China "buying" Greenland as I can find and they most certainly didn't "buy" Greenland. Australia already owned a company there and invited China to invest because they couldn't get anyone else, including the US, to bite:
    Do you ever take your partisan blinders off and see what is happening in the world?

Yes China invested in their infrastructure,it also gives them loans.

Just like they did in Honduras,built them nice power plants,roads and infrastructure.

You know what happened when they were late on the payment?

China took control of their ports and 80% of all of their oil reserves and future payments.

So now they are beholden to China while their revenue stream has been cut off.

Watch what happens when the economy drops like it always does and Greenland defaults in the Chinese infrastructure bonds.

China will then control Greenland,Just like they already control all mineral rich cities in Africa,and it all starts with a simple little infrastructure loan.

Trump will be long gone,the gloating about Trump will be long gone,but the joke will be on us.

And who can we thank for that? Herr Trump... who has pissed off just about every democratic leader in Europe... but not the despots... whom he seems to have a bromance for....

Just read he wants to be put on Mt. Rushmore... not only is he stupid, he's also extremely tacky.

Europeans hate him as much, if not more, as THE MAJORITY of Americans do....
    You really keep showing what little of a clue about how the world operates you have.

I have a bromance with my enemy’s also,I like to keep them close so I can keep an eye on them and be prepared for anything they can throw at me.

You talk about non travel but act like you are a spokesman-spokeswomen for Europe,people there are no different then here some support him and some do not,but there are even more there are a lot that agree with his policies.

Otherwise you would not be seeing illegal immigration marches,Brexit,many countries getting away from one world order etc etc.

Apparently a majority of Americans do not hate him because they seem to be supporting the resolutions he is coming up with.

Of course your commie party would hate him,it’s the way you are conditioned,anything that is good for democracy and Americans is a bain on your existence.

I bet you did not hate him enough to not cash the check he had written to you.

I bet you did not hate him enough to not cash the check he had written to you.
    I already thanked Nancy and Chuck... wasn't that enough?

And if our postal service can distribute however many millions of his autographed notes he sent out to let us know it was all his doing... then they can handle mail-in ballots without any problems as well...

Size:  50.1 KB
    But but but...BIDEN'S gaffes! He's mentally unfit to be President because he accidentally said he was running for Senate one time instead of President!

Like I said, Trump does this every single day and that was just yesterday's example. The Spanish Flu ended WWII...which didn't start for 21 years AFTER the Spanish Flu. Trump will say something similarly stupid today, as surely as the sun will set in the West.

I'm also quite fond of the time Trump called his own Vice President "Mike Pounds." Or the time he mixed up Mike Flynn and John Bolton and referred to the latter as "Mike Bolton."
    Last edited by aj3647; August-11-20 at 08:48 AM.

^^^ What a mess. Current occupant and incoming!

Careless commentary once again from Trump [[and Biden's latest gaff with his latest assessment of black people).

Both seem to have cognitive deficits and baggage...SMH...
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-11-20 at 10:07 AM.

Size:  50.1 KB...
    And all the White House can do is claim he "misspoke and was referring to World War I."

Sorry, White House, when that gaff comes from the president, that excuse is not adequate. Who doesn't automatically know that WWII ended in 1945? Presidents who don't know such basic things are not fit for office.

When someone makes stupid comments here, relentlessly, it eventually becomes obvious that their objective isn't to win an argument or even to persuade others. It certainly isn't to learn anything. Their objective is simply to occupy others' time to divert effort from more productive activities.

So, is the president doing any of those things? No. He's just plain stupid. The emperor has no clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    And all the White House can do is claim he "misspoke and was referring to World War I."

Sorry, White House, when that gaff comes from the president, that excuse is not adequate. Who doesn't automatically know that WWII ended in 1945? Presidents who don't know such basic things are not fit for office.

................. He's just plain stupid.
    Wow, I can't imagine what you think of Biden then. You probably can't even say it on the internet because it would be too vulgar.

Biden a month or so ago;
    https://youtu.be/j29wchSGEk8?t=24

Biden 6 days ago;
    https://youtu.be/2D4oIQ4gDhs?t=49

Also, it's one thing to say "2" when you mean "1" [[while speaking off the cuff, and not from a teleprompter),.. but it's quite another thing to not know what office you're running for,.. or be totally incoherent for entire sentences.

https://youtu.be/tDFR8CLG42w?t=61
    "We have to take care of the cure. That will make the problem worse no matter what".

And let's not forget Joe Biden's history of racist comments and telling massive whoppers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zggq8aHZH_Y

I'm guessing you're not going to vote this upcoming election? You hate the president, and you probably don't want to vote for a lying racist like Biden, who's in massive cognitive decline.

Perhaps you'll vote for a mass murderer like Gov Como? [[if they decide to replace Biden with him at the last minute)

Our current president has lost billions while working for free [[well, $1 a year), while Biden has gotten rich screwing the people. I take it you're in favor of corruption? Selling us out to the Chinese and Russians in exchange for millions for his son? And brother? And friends?

Open the boarders so as to eliminate jobs for poor Americans. De-fund police to increase murders in poor and black areas.

All things you're in favor of?
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-11-20 at 01:50 PM.

So much for proper reporting. Unbelievable... Maybe she should have sent it in a letter through the USPS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...224522860.html

^ I do not trust anybody reporting anything when it comes to the rona virus,250 million experts out there and nobody still knows squat.

But they sure managed to convince millions to lock down for their own good when nobody even knows what the hell that even is.

Florida reported 276 deaths today, a new state record.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

^ key word being reported,the deaths could have occurred up to 90 days ago and just making it in the system,it not like 276 people died today from the rona virus.

“The first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb, when it comes, find us doing sensible and human things -- praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts -- not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs.”

CS Lewis 1948

But they sure managed to convince millions to lock down for their own good when nobody even knows what the hell that even is.
    Look at it from a long term perspective... Michigan is a state whose state government takes social distancing and mask wearing more seriously than many other states. Nobody has to be locked in their basement waiting for some all consuming bomb. But on the flip side, pretending there is no problem, is even worse. It's more like thousands of grenades going off, and the best you can do is TRY to distance yourself from some of them. Ignoring all distancing just makes you more susceptible. And worrying about a second wave is a moot point, if the first wave continues on into the fall and winter.

If these statistics continue, lots of northerners will likely be staying home this winter, and not spending the cold season in warmer climes. That just makes the economic hardship in those areas even worse.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Look at it from a long term perspective... Michigan is a state whose state government takes social distancing and mask wearing more seriously than many other states. Nobody has to be locked in their basement waiting for some all consuming bomb. But on the flip side, pretending there is no problem, is even worse. It's more like thousands of grenades going off, and the best you can do is TRY to distance yourself from some of them. Ignoring all distancing just makes you more susceptible. And worrying about a second wave is a moot point, if the first wave continues on into the fall and winter.

If these statistics continue, lots of northerners will likely be staying home this winter, and not spending the cold season in warmer climes. That just makes the economic hardship in those areas even worse.
    I thought you guys were all about the science ?

30% false positive rate in testing
    48% Florida deaths are nursing home residents.

State of Florida estimated nursing home residents in 2016

State of Michigan estimated nursing home residents 2016

Remove the nursing home related deaths and the 30% margin of error in the testing,then remove the unknown deaths attributed to rona virus that had nothing to do with the virus,what do you have left as a percentage?

You mentioned second wave,because that is what you are told,second wave is code speak for the flu season will be kicking in and deaths will also occur as they do every year and they will most likely be added to the rona virus numbers.

Do you honestly believe the rona virus will take a few months off for vacation then come back in the fall all rested up?

They came up with a vaccine for the flu,many people still catch the flu after taking the vaccine,all it does is knock your odds down of catching it to 50%?

Do you honestly believe that all of the sudden they find this miracle cure for the rona virus when they have been unable to do so for the flu that kills 80,000 per year already and there is nothing they can do about that?

And they have been working on that for how many years?

They have shut down entire cities in Europe for 4 positive cases,then reopened then re-shut when more cases appeared,you cannot stop it,nobody has,remember you guys lamblasted Trump when he said it will just go away,now you want to keep the country shut down while waiting for it to go away?

Tourists play a large part in Florida’s economic outlook but if there are no businesses left in the aftermath of the rona virus,there is really no point in worrying about them is there?

Not everybody has the luxury of collecting a check while sitting home and many small businesses are not ready to give up everything they worked for all their life based on a 4% chance.

The experts said a 10% infection rate is excepted,but nobody listens to that expert,people seem to pick the experts that they wish to use in order to boost their own case.

If people had not been receiving their stimulus checks,no utilities shut offs,no evictions etc they would be roiting in the streets For the ability to put food on the table,just like they were before the rona virus in many countries.

Did you know that when this first started and Florida locked down it was sued by people in Canada,Michigan and pretty much every other state in the country because people that owned vacation homes were denied their right to use them?

If you remember correctly it was spring breakers from other states that pushed the first outbreak,not that it would have altered the inevitable.

But our taxes are lower so we can survive without tourism and it really only effects certain cities,without the influx the roads and beaches are still packed the only difference is you now drive in the fast lane without somebody going 40 mph or shooting across 3 lanes of traffic because they do not want to miss their exit or turn.

Some spend their life waiting for others to make it happen and others spend it making it happen.

You are not going to change that and a virus is not going to stop it.

Trump has to push through the $400 a week current stimulus,Not Schumer or Pelosi,you sending that one back Gistok? If you do not,Trump wins,and you will have bent the knee to him.
    Last edited by Richard; August-12-20 at 08:13 AM.

As is your modus operandi... you go off in all directions in your long winded responses... and use that as an example of answering the original comments...

blo·vi·ate

/ˈblōvēˌāt/

verbINFORMAL•US

• talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

I've been calling him a bloviator for years now
    As is your modus operandi... you go off in all directions in your long winded responses... and use that as an example of answering the original comments...

blo·vi·ate

/ˈblōvēˌāt/

verbINFORMAL•US

blo·vi·ate

/ˈblōvēˌāt/

verbINFORMAL•US

yes it is always easy to find fault in others when you have no rebuttal,and yet you are still confused as to why your party cannot seem to win at anything.

Speaks volumes.

But Richard, you do bloviate. Daily, multiple times.
    yes it is always easy to find fault in others when you have no rebuttal,and yet you are still confused as to why your party cannot seem to win at anything.

Speaks volumes.

But Richard, you do bloviate. Daily, multiple times.
    And yet you are drawn to every word of it like a bee to honey

But that’s okay,I like reading you guys posts also,it’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I can tell you guys are practicing safe rona virus recommendations,because the mask you guys are wearing is muffling your posts and making them garbled.

In Florida a rona virus testing facility decided to do a data dump of 4000 cases that go back as far as June.

Which jacked the rates up,see they do not even know positive rates from day by day and are making decisions based on not having a clue.
    Last edited by Richard; August-12-20 at 09:07 PM.

Actually, I read about a quarter of every 4th or 5th rant you post. I can find enough to roll my eyes about in that amount.
    And yet you are drawn to every word of it like a bee to honey

But that’s okay,I like reading you guys posts also,it’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I can tell you guys are practicing safe rona virus recommendations,because the mask you guys are wearing is muffling your posts and making them garbled.

In Florida a rona virus testing facility decided to do a data dump of 4000 cases that go back as far as June.

Which jacked the rates up,see they do not even know positive rates from day by day and are making decisions based on not having a clue.
    Last edited by jcole; August-13-20 at 06:03 PM.

1500 COVID deaths reported yesterday, that's the highest one-day total of the entire summer and the worst one-day number since mid-May.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...er-1500-deaths

Another grim milestone reached today: 170,000+ Americans dead.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 LastLast