Chroma in Milwaukee Junction
MILWAUKEE JUNCTION RISING  »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

A couple of things that disappeared when the cool 70,s fazed out were Holley, Thrush Woody Woodpecker, STP, etc stickers on muscle cars.

Another was the jacked up rear ends. With that came the saturday night burning rubber on side streets. That sort of disappeared when the k-car square body era came around.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    Somebody near my old neighborhood, I think they lived on Annott between Manning and Pinewood, was a tester for the Chrysler Turbine car.
    My dad took a ton of photos of the Chrysler Turbine car that was displayed at the 1965 NY World's Fair. I got to see it in person when it was on display at the Henry Ford Museum about 8 or 10 years ago. It was there for only a limited time. I don't know where it's stored now. I imagine at that "car museum" that used to be at the FCA HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    there are a lot of them still out there sitting in garages and sheds and fields if one wants to look.
    I can readily find a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda in my brother's garage, which has been there for a number of years for when he "gets the time" to refurbish it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    A couple of things that disappeared when the cool 70,s fazed out were Holley, Thrush Woody Woodpecker, STP, etc stickers on muscle cars.

Another was the jacked up rear ends. With that came the saturday night burning rubber on side streets. That sort of disappeared when the k-car square body era came around.
    I had Doug's Headers stickers in the quarter windows on my 68 Road Runner.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I had Doug's Headers stickers in the quarter windows on my 68 Road Runner.
    I liked the Super Bee livery myself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4