Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I had a 70 Plymouth Duster, muscle car body but with a slant 6. Bought it 3 yrs. old while in high school. Had a factory green paint job that I loved. Great car except for those black plastic seats on a July day!

They're not cheap now:
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ic/4429294002/

I had a Dodge something old with a slant six. What a darling. Bucket seats and all I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I had a 70 Plymouth Duster, muscle car body but with a slant 6. Bought it 3 yrs. old while in high school. Had a factory green paint job that I loved. Great car except for those black plastic seats on a July day!

They're not cheap now:
    https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ic/4429294002/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I had a Dodge something old with a slant six. What a darling. Bucket seats and all I think.
    Slant six "The leaning tower of power". I machined thousands of those 78 pound cylinder heads. Fun times.

Indeed! A far cry from some of those later Dodge and Chrysler straining 'tickity-ticking' nondescript motors of the 90's!

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Slant six "The leaning tower of power". I machined thousands of those 78 pound cylinder heads. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ah, memories. My first car was a 1963 Plymouth Savoy with that slant six, purchased in 1966. The only options were an AM radio and the push button automatic. The only chrome was on the bumpers. Oh, with cloth covered bench seats.