Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    No, it could have been anything that broke the bubble. Tesla's an overpriced tech bubble ready to burst. Not everything declined though, plenty survived, ex. Walmart--Mar 11/19 = $98.48, Mar 6/20 = $117.18, Mar 9/20 = $117.16.

It was the oil and gas companies that took the largest brunt of the beatings [[over 25%) and that was created by Russia, not Corona.
    That's just not true. The Nasdaq is dominated by tech companies, not oil companies, and the Nasdaq dropped hard yesterday.

Apple was down something like 9% yesterday. Ready to call them a failure too? iPhones are over, folks!
    That's nice that Walmart didn't drop much, but that's one company AND a company in a different industry. Meanwhile, EVERY car company dropped yesterday.

Also, Tesla regained half of yesterday's losses today.

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    That's just not true. The Nasdaq is dominated by tech companies, not oil companies, and the Nasdaq dropped hard yesterday.

Apple was down something like 9% yesterday. Ready to call them a failure too? iPhones are over, folks!
    That's nice that Walmart didn't drop much, but that's one company AND a company in a different industry. Meanwhile, EVERY car company dropped yesterday.

Apple went from $142 to $327 in a little over a year despite revenue and profit being down in 2019 vs 2018. This is not normal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock N Rye View Post
    Apple went from $142 to $327 in a little over a year despite revenue and profit being down in 2019 vs 2018. This is not normal either.
    I truly do not mean this in a snarky way, but what is your point? I honestly missed it.

I was just saying that lots of healthy, non-oil related companies saw big price drops the other day [[like Apple), so Tesla's drop isn't a sign that the company is about to go out of business and cause pension funds that invest in them to lose everything. I'm really not sure how your comment about Apple's 1 year performance ties into that.

Tesla's stock price decline has mirrored the domestic auto industry over the past several months. I do think Tesla is a little overpriced [[okay, a lot), but I don't think what we've seen happen recently is the bubble bursting. It will be interesting to see how badly Tesla is damaged by the supply chain disruptions and inevitable pullback in consumer spending versus the larger automakers .

I truly do not mean this in a snarky way, but what is your point? I honestly missed it.

I was just saying that lots of healthy, non-oil related companies saw big price drops the other day [[like Apple), so Tesla's drop isn't a sign that the company is about to go out of business and cause pension funds that invest in them to lose everything. I'm really not sure how your comment about Apple's 1 year performance ties into that.
    Tesla is not the only stock in the bubble. Look at what has happened to Boeing in the last month. That's what happens when a ponzi scheme stock collapses. The only thing that can re inflate the bubble is more liquidity.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Tesla's stock price decline has mirrored the domestic auto industry over the past several months. I do think Tesla is a little overpriced [[okay, a lot), but I don't think what we've seen happen recently is the bubble bursting. It will be interesting to see how badly Tesla is damaged by the supply chain disruptions and inevitable pullback in consumer spending versus the larger automakers .
    As of today, a domestic auto company like FORD is trading at 0.70 x book value, 9.585% divy, and eps = 0.02. VS. TESLA trading at 17.671 x book value, NO DIVY, eps = -$5.01. https://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=TSLA:US

You still don't think Tesla is a ponzi bubble ready to burst?? Seriously?!

FACTS:
    The US is now the top producing oil country in the world already surpassing Russia and Saudi Arabia. https://www.investopedia.com/investi...oil-producers/

Oil and gas employs 10.3million people in the US and accounts for 8% of the US GDP.
    https://www.api.org/news-policy-and-...omy-fact-sheet

Gas and oil had a lot more to do with the DOW crashing than Tech. In 5 days, Haliburton went from $15.87 to $8.04.

I would never buy an overpriced Iphone when I can buy an Android for a fraction of the price and I've never had to worry about my phone getting stolen. Apple is another ponzi, nowhere near as bad as Tesla though.

Over the past month, it went from $917 to $608.47 today.
    Today's daily low for Tesla is $502 [[almost half of what it was a month ago).

Just ahead of Ford's $5.38.

Tesla closed today at $445.07.

Tesla closed today at $445.07.
    I'm not a Tesla fan, bu that is still higher than at the start of 2020. Probably one of the few non-health care or grocery related stocks that can make that claim.

Elon Musk is not shutting down. The CEO of the electric automaker has indicated the plant will remain open at a time where most "non-essential" businesses have halted production or dramatically scaled back operations in the wake of COVID-19.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...-remain-o.aspx

Even the state called Tesla an essential company exempt from closing,I wonder how they determined that and if it will prop up their stock?

Default Ferrari now worth more than GM or Ford

As of today, a domestic auto company like FORD is trading at 0.70 x book value, 9.585% divy, and eps = 0.02. VS. TESLA trading at 17.671 x book value, NO DIVY, eps = -$5.01. https://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=TSLA:US

You still don't think Tesla is a ponzi bubble ready to burst?? Seriously?!

How the mighty have fallen. Ferrari produces fewer than 10,000 cars while the Detroit companies produce millions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/04/ferr...-and-ford.html

BTW, even with the depressed stock market Tesla is now worth about 3x more than GM and Ford combined. Isn't the real Ponzi scheme GM. It is now worth considerably less than the IPO offering price.

Umm no, the ponzi scheme is the tiny company that is not capable of an operating profit and has no path to that ever happening. Tesla has a cult of idiots propping up their stock making it a roller coaster mess, the definition of a scheme.

I'm not sure what some of you think stock value translates to, Tesla is proof more than anything else how the stock market it's completely irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    the tiny company that is not capable of an operating profit and has no path to that ever happening.
    The stock is priced pretty generously, but I think you're going a bit overboard here. Their sales growth has been staggering, they have tremendous customer interest, are introducing more models and are the technology leader in an area [[electric cars) that just about EVERY car company has said is the future. Sales are going up, costs are going down. To say that they have no path to ever making an operating profit is to be overly pessimistic about the company's chances. It might not be a given that they'll get there, but they certainly have a reasonable shot of doing it.

For one who loves driving cross-country many times, electric cars have no future in my plans. But if all you do is go shopping or to work, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    For one who loves driving cross-country many times, electric cars have no future in my plans. But if all you do is go shopping or to work, go for it.

You need to part with some of that stashed graft money, and get you one of those aforementioned Ferraris, Ray. Get you to Detroit on time.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-06-20 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You need to part with some of that stashed graft money, and get you one of those aforementioned Ferraris, Ray. Get you to Detroit on time.
    Can't use a Ferrari because there's not enough room to hid the stash. I prefer a Lincoln Navigator, but even that leaves me cramped. Wish they made thousand-dollar bills again.

^ you know there are companies in Miami,Columbia and México that could fix your Navigator right up with extra storage space that would be indiscrete.

While you're @ it, you might want to think about having them remove all those annoying tracking gizmos.

Quote Originally Posted by enio View Post
    How the mighty have fallen. Ferrari produces fewer than 10,000 cars while the Detroit companies produce millions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/04/ferr...-and-ford.html
    Apples to oranges comparison. Ferrari has a high profit margin. The average profit per Ferrari is $80,000. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/17/prof...s-per-car.html

Whereas, the average profit per Ford is $1,100. https://beauty101boutique.com/qa/how...e-per-car.html

It's kinda like you comparing Patek watches to Timex. The high luxury market is a whole different animal. Completely different clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by enio View Post
    BTW, even with the depressed stock market Tesla is now worth about 3x more than GM and Ford combined. Isn't the real Ponzi scheme GM. It is now worth considerably less than the IPO offering price.
    It doesn't sound like you know what a Ponzi scheme is. Even Elon Musk tweeted the stock price of Tesla is too high.
    Last edited by davewindsor; May-07-20 at 01:57 PM.

Regardless of Tesla’s market cap, thousands of people are standing in line to buy Tesla vehicles. The only line at a GM, FCA, or a Ford dealership is the line of cars waiting at the service entrance at 7:00 AM.
    Last edited by Pat001; May-11-20 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    Regardless of Tesla’s market cap, thousands of people are standing in line to buy Tesla vehicles. The only line of customers at FCA, Ford or GM dealerships is the line at the service entrance at 7:00 AM.
    Please, Ford sells 4 times as many f150s as Tesla sells total cars. Tesla sold just short of 200,000 total vehicles last year. Ford Sold almost 900,000 F150s. The comparisons not even close. Tesla is just a bit player in the manufacture of vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    Regardless of Tesla’s market cap, thousands of people are standing in line to buy Tesla vehicles. The only line at a GM, FCA, or a Ford dealership is the line of cars waiting at the service entrance at 7:00 AM.
    Standing in line? Now that is funny! They will be bankrupt in three years!

"F--- Elon Musk," said Lorena Gonzalez, a Democrat in the state's general assembly.

Tesla says,I am packing my bags and moving to Texas and Nevada

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...any-from-state

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/califor...es-f-elon-musk

“Nevada NEEDS these jobs most of all right now, @elonmusk,” Rodimer wrote. “We would love to have you and Tesla HQ right here in the Battleborn State!”

“Texas gets better every day,” U.S. Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, wrote on Twitter, retweeting Musk’s announcement of Tesla’s planned California pullout.

They are racking up billions in future revenue with technology patents and driverless cars,to me the cars they produce are working platforms of testing.

Wednesday’s outburst was his most explicit yet, however, and came as Tesla eked out a first-quarter profit of $1.24 a share, surprising Wall Street, which had been expecting a loss of 36 cents a share.
    That marked the company’s third consecutive quarterly profit, sending the stock up more than 7 percent in extended trading.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/tesla-c...avirus-fascist
    Last edited by Richard; May-11-20 at 01:55 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast