Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
Metro Detroit is also not growing to keep pace with other metro areas.

Seattle and Minneapolis will both surpass it by 2030.
Seattle peaked because people moved in mass to escape California,they turned it into what they left,Seattle went over the hump and is now declining.

Minneapolis was not a very nice place in the 70s,thier saving grace is they have always been the headquarters of a large amount of a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies.

People like to also use California as a goal to achieve but they are also losing population and buisness at a faster rate then anybody else.

I think a lot has to do with what other posters touched one,polices enacted at the state level.

I also do not think the concept of Detroit was once a city of 2 million or what ever applies,if one is going to do comparisons it would be more geared towards other cities that were devastated in the similar manner,and have slowly come back.

Where are you at today and where do you want to be tomorrow and what does it take to get there.

The catch 22 is unless the current residents are happy where they are at it is tough to encourage others to relocate there,they have to have a reason,but the current residents are taxed supporting an infrastructure designed to accommodate twice the population.

Todays crutch could be tomorrowÂ’s saving grace,because you actually have the ability in place already to accept future growth,something that has been a detriment to those in comparison.

Florida is surpassing California in growth,it is not because of palm trees and sandy beaches,it is flipping hot in the summer and all kinds of critters that want to eat you and your small pets.

But it does have a lot of polices in place that protect the individual so they can keep what they have while obtaining it and after they obtain it.

I think Detroit will figure it out and move forward while figuring it out,it has come a long ways in a short amount of time already.