It was nice see developmental stirrings in Milwaukee Junction this weekend. Most prominent is The Platform's "Chroma" conversion of the former cold-storage building at W. Grand Blvd and Beaubien aka by locals as the "Rainbow Vomit" building for the mural the adorns its west wall.

Name:  Milwaukee-Junction-1.jpg
Views: 5229
Size:  75.1 KB

Chroma is an existing nine-story building that will be transformed into a center for creativity, providing work space alongside cultural anchors of food, music, and exhibition. It serves the needs of creatives, offering co-workers a diverse community, makers with high-quality space, designers and artists with flexibility, aspiring chefs an opportunity to grow, and neighborhood residents with hands-on classes to develop craft skills and expand career choices.
https://www.theplatform.city/chroma/
Viewed from the northeast the once drab building promises to be flooded with light from the addition of dramatically large windows. Also the yellow brick building that overlaps it on the left is being developed as restaurant.

Name:  Milwaukee-Junction-2.jpg
Views: 5354
Size:  60.7 KB

Most intriguing for me is the seemingly possible restoration of the long-derelict townhouses along Beaubien south of Harper. I've long admired these half-timbered beauties. Does anyone know the story here? My first thought was demolition, but the fencing and apparent emptying out of the interiors give me hope of otherwise.

A long-abandoned apartment building with fresh board-up on St. Antoine just north of the Edsel Ford service drive is in progress for restoration according to worker at the site.

To the north a previous restoration on Harper stands dramatically framed by the famous Fisher 21 Plant.

As for Milwaukee Junction's most prominent structure, has anyone heard of any plans for Fisher 21's future?