Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Once again I'm late to the party!

Their web site references two ZIP codes that are serviced, 48202 and 48206. A quick look at Google Maps suggests the neighborhood is bracketed by the Lodge, I-75, I-94, and the Davison. Does anybody know more about what these guys are doing, and if it's perhaps easily scaleable to other neighborhoods and cities?

After all, the availability of fresh fruits and vegetables in underserved urban areas is still a national issue. I am not what most folks consider underserved, and I know I struggle with that can of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni smiling at me from the shelf, mmh, dump in a bunch of Kraft Parmesan, oh boy, here comes the salt! I for one could also stand to have an ice cream truck drive by to sell me some lettuce. This is a certain kind of genius, folks!

I don't imagine they're served by fruit & vegetable street vendors in that neighborhood. I don't even recall being served by fruit & vegetable vendors in downtown [[hot dogs, though).

Yeah, I've driven buy the building. It is really nice... and a grand idea for a city starved for fresh produce. I will be patronizing from them asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Once again I'm late to the party!

Their web site references two ZIP codes that are serviced, 48202 and 48206. A quick look at Google Maps suggests the neighborhood is bracketed by the Lodge, I-75, I-94, and the Davison. Does anybody know more about what these guys are doing, and if it's perhaps easily scaleable to other neighborhoods and cities?

After all, the availability of fresh fruits and vegetables in underserved urban areas is still a national issue. I am not what most folks consider underserved, and I know I struggle with that can of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni smiling at me from the shelf, mmh, dump in a bunch of Kraft Parmesan, oh boy, here comes the salt! I for one could also stand to have an ice cream truck drive by to sell me some lettuce. This is a certain kind of genius, folks!

I don't imagine they're served by fruit & vegetable street vendors in that neighborhood. I don't even recall being served by fruit & vegetable vendors in downtown [[hot dogs, though).

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    There used to be a guy with a fruit stand outside the CAYMC [[CCB) building in the 1990s. He was located near the horseshoe on Larned. I think he got chased out because of the 9-11 terror attacks.