Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    I chuckled at the "Much less racism" too. I think the racism on the East coast is comparable, if not MORE, depending on the city.
    Maybe, but I said New York City, not East Coast.
    NYC is not immune from racism, but it has benefited: much of it retired South, moved to NJ or Long Island, or has died off.
    Even Trump made FL his official residence. Good riddance! Besides, all evidence suggests he's long already been evading his taxes.

Who's been moving in?
    Jamaica Estates, Queens, where Trump grew up, is less than 29% white.
    Bensonhurst, the South Brooklyn neighborhood Spike Lee used to represent racism in Jungle Fever nearly 30 years ago, is less than half white.
    The only neighborhoods where the white population is increasing are where previously there were few and are more examples of increased diversity.
    NYC is not just racially diverse, its population is nearly 40% foreign-born. It's nationality-diverse.
    Metro NY has the biggest foreign-born population anywhere on Earth. 1.4 million more than there are people in metro Detroit.
    Another large proportion arrived from another part of the US.
    NYC demographics being what they are, not many are racist. Few move where they're surrounded by whom they don't like.

Who's been moving out?
    As suggested earlier: not always, but at least partially they're an inverse self-selecting group.

Racism in NY still exists. But comparatively not much.

I wasn't as diplomatic as I should have been in my last post. Sorry about that.
    But it was correct.
    It's great Quicken Loans killed it. That wasn't my point.
    Last edited by bust; January-09-20 at 07:43 AM.