Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Mouch: "Police and prosecutors have been known to be lazy".

Well, if you say so. I only know I busted my ass for 29 years in the DPD and what I have to show for it now is a 20k pension with no medical benifits. But you go and think what you think you must think.
    Ray... that sentence was a bit lazy itself. I apologize.

I believe that 99 44/100% of police are pure, but with the power to destroy live we have decided to have a system that leans towards protecting the innocent more than pursing convictions. So even a very small percentage of 'lazy' cops, prosecutors, and judges requires us to be vigilant for mistakes.

Tlaib is a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Nah, no apology needed. Sometimes my wrong side gets up and is pissed off at the whole world. Such was the day I posted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

I believe that 99 44/100% of police are pure, but with the power to destroy live we have decided to have a system that leans towards protecting the innocent more than pursing convictions. So even a very small percentage of 'lazy' cops, prosecutors, and judges requires us to be vigilant for mistakes.

Tlaib is a fool.
    I would agree that the majority of police officers are decent honest people. However, when officers are perfectly aware of corrupt behavior on the part of their fellow officers and say nothing, I think that's a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I would agree that the majority of police officers are decent honest people. However, when officers are perfectly aware of corrupt behavior on the part of their fellow officers and say nothing, I think that's a real problem.
    It happens. And I'm guilty of taking a free drink from a bar owner during a routine inspection and shooting the shit. But some of the liquor laws back then [[and into today, even) are pure bullshit. For example, bars here in Nevada can serve 24/7, and it's no problem. Serve a beer in Michigan at 2:01 a.m. with a vice officer or MLCC inspector in the joint and there goes your license. That's bullshit, and I'm peeved at myself for attempting to enforce laws 60 years ago that I am in total opposition to today.

I guess there might be other examples, but at 82, my mind fails me. Fortunately, come next Sunday, October 20, I"ll be 83 and forgiven by all.