Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default FSD/Tigers Season 2019

Dear Forum Correspondents, Regarding the current professional baseball season in Detroit and the TV broadcasts in particular, I have been waxing and waning about Matt Shephard and his host of broadcast booth color men all season. Matt Shephard, great guy, hard worker, true professional, good husband and father, salt of the earth/ Matt Shephard, goody-two-shoes, way over the moon about this crop of young Tigers, apologist for the entire organization, company man to a fault, way to enthusiastic and loud in his play-by-play - or Matt Shephard, somewhere in between? YOU BE THE JUDGE...

Gibby: full of baseball knowledge and a sly sense of humor, but he is often times too exacting and exasperating in his dissections of the games. Still a pure baseball mind. Got to give it to him. And somewhere on his body he has a Sparky Anderson tat.

Peaches: Stays within himself, and uses just enough and not too many words to express his thoughts. And Peaches, I appreciate the way you grip that pill: So that's how you throw a breaking ball!

C Mo': As much of an apologist as Shephard. Yes, I know you played the game [[as you keep reminding us). I understand that you can sense how the fellas are feeling in the dugout and clubhouse, and yes, you swing a mean stick in your cake walking attire. But C Mo' it's okay - especially for you - to be a bit more critical of the fellas, don't you think?

Jack: As honest as FSD and Shephard will allow him to be. He probably has the least ties to the organization among his broadcast peers, and that makes him a bit of a lone wolf. [[In the inner sanctum the suits speculate, is he a Tiger or a Twin at heart???)

Again - YOU BE THE JUDGE
    Last edited by Vitalis; September-13-19 at 09:32 PM.