Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Apparent bombshell tonight.

Time Magazine has published a photo of Trudeau in 'brownface' from a party he attended at age 29, while a teacher in private school.

He was apparently supposed to look like Aladdin.

Subsequently Trudeau has admitted he previously did blackface as Al Jolson when in High School.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ghts-1.5289165

Not the sort of news a PM who typically comes off as 'woke' would care to have.

Not clear to me what the impact will be.......large or small; or how that will affect the outcome in a highly competitive race.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post

Time Magazine has published a photo of Trudeau in 'brownface' from a party he attended at age 29, while a teacher in private school.

Subsequently Trudeau has admitted he previously did blackface as Al Jolson when in High School.

Not clear to me what the impact will be.......large or small; or how that will affect the outcome in a highly competitive race.
    He's "woke" now; he may not have been 20 odd yrs ago...

Well, the leader of the NDP, Jagmeet Singh looks like the perfect Aladdin character, nobody takes offence to that.

Never had much sympathy for the cultural appropriation arguments. If Jagmeet Singh stops wearing a three piece suit with his turban, then we can talk.
    Last edited by canuck; September-19-19 at 07:53 AM.

If Trudeau was a conservative, it would be a game changer. Consider the persecution of Judge Kavanaugh. But since Trudeau is liberal, conservatives don't care what someone wore to a Halloween party when they were twenty and liberals have no reason to otherwise ruin Justin Trudeau, brown face probably won't be a big deal.

I've gone out as 'king of the greasers' and as 'a tourist from Milwaukee' and never received retribution from either greasers or Milwaukee people.

Just in. He was very good also dressed up as an Asian Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    If Trudeau was a conservative, it would be a game changer. Consider the persecution of Judge Kavanaugh. But since Trudeau is liberal, conservatives don't care what someone wore to a Halloween party when they were twenty and liberals have no reason to otherwise ruin Justin Trudeau, brown face probably won't be a big deal.

I've gone out as 'king of the greasers' and as 'a tourist from Milwaukee' and never received retribution from either greasers or Milwaukee people.
    Well.......this is what the leader of the Conservatives had to say.

“Like all Canadians, I was extremely shocked and disappointed when I learned of Justin Trudeau’s actions.” Scheer related to press outside his campaign jet, “Wearing brownface is an act of open mockery and racism. It was just as racist in 2001 as it is in 2019.”

The Green Leader had this to say:

Green Party Leader Elizabeth May tweeted that she is "deeply shocked by the racism shown."

The leader of the further right People's Party had this to say:

while he won't call Trudeau racist, he accused him of being the "master of identity politics" and "biggest hypocrite in the country." ....

The NDP leader, the only visible minority among the contenders has this to say.

"Seeing the prime minister do this makes a lot of people question his sincerity, but really question their place, and I really want people to know, despite how hard it is, given those images....."

We shall see what the polls have to say in due course.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; September-19-19 at 12:45 PM.