Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Ford = Junk

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Domestic big trucks and suv's are the only vehicles that have a leg up on foreign automakers. I saw where the Dodge Ram has surpassed the Chevy Silverado as the 2nd best selling truck [[if you don't combine Silverado and GMC Sierra sales) behind the Ford F-150 for this year.
    Larger discounts on that Ram you referred to. Also, from what I understand Chrysler is more liberal with their financing.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Larger discounts on that Ram you referred to. Also, from what I understand Chrysler is more liberal with their financing.
    Thanks for the info, didn't know the Dodge was discounted heavier. I know I see them all over the place, especially that Darth Vader black model.

A choice that I hope does not bite them one day.

I see so many Dodge muscle cars about you'd think it was raining money! Or lots of leasing!

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post

the stop-start gadget is the worst thing since the designated hitter. unfortunately the EPA mandated CAFE standards are killing all of the automakers. unfortunately there isnt the profit to be made on small cars, hence FCA, Ford and GM killing off their small car lines. the imports can continue because their auto industries are very heavily subsidized by their governments...

the stop-start gadget from my understanding, will be in every vehicle starting 2021[[?) or '22 and the ability to disable it will no longer be there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    the stop-start gadget is the worst thing since the designated hitter. unfortunately the EPA mandated CAFE standards are killing all of the automakers. unfortunately there isnt the profit to be made on small cars, hence FCA, Ford and GM killing off their small car lines. the imports can continue because their auto industries are very heavily subsidized by their governments...

the stop-start gadget from my understanding, will be in every vehicle starting 2021[[?) or '22 and the ability to disable it will no longer be there...
    It also doesn't hurt that they can sell these small vehicles in higher volume because customers perceive them to be higher quality [[perception is reality).
    Last edited by 313WX; September-26-19 at 05:03 PM.