Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Sorry couldn't find an existing thread for the Coda Detroit. I apologize for the quality, but looks like they demolished [[not sure when) the building to make way for the Coda Detroit development in Brush Park so hopefully actual construction will start soon. For some reason I was under the impression that they were going to implement the old building into the new condo.
    Attachment 42295
    I was in the area that day and saw that the original building was torn down. I thought to myself that the demolition crew didn't know that they weren't supposed to tear it down.

They're going to recreate the carriage house with brick.

Any updates on The Mid? Haven't seen a thing about that one in quite awhile.

What happened to that development that was supposed to go on behind the art museum? Has that started yet?

The Mid - Still vacant lot

Petit Bateau [[I think this is the one near DIA) - Was there over summer and lot was still filled with trees doubt there has been any progress

City Club Apartments Midtown - Still parking lot

AC Hotel - Still parking lot

There has been road/infrastructure work on Eliot Street between AC Hotel and City Club Apartments for a while now, but not sure if it is directly related to either projects.

Brewster Douglas Development - Still vacant

City Modern - Construction of last units hasn't started, but looks like facade is going up on 2nd to last set of units. Likely City Modern won't be able to wrap up till late 2023 [[wow 7 years of construction).

Brush + Watson - Last center tower is not up yet

From the article below makes it kind of hard to believe that there is high demand since some of the Midtown projects have been taking so long. Corktown developments on the other hand have been moving quite fast in comparison. Like the Formosa and Red Arrow Lofts have been announced Q3 of this year with plans to break ground Q1 of 2023. Most of the listed Midtown Development projects in comparison were announced pre-pandemic.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...007/?gnt-cfr=1

"The Platform CEO Peter Cummings said at the grand opening that even he was surprised by how quickly Woodward West filled up.

"I don’t know how to put in context how extraordinary that is, because I’ve developed in a lot of different markets, growth markets in Florida and North Carolina, and the performance of this project really outstrips them all," Cummings said.

Sue Mosey, executive director of Midtown Detroit Inc., said after the event that the building's location at the threshold of Midtown and downtown likely helped its popularity, plus the fact that it is new construction.

Another relatively new and closely watched development that has mostly leased up is The Eddystone, a 13-story former hotel at 110 Sproat St. near Little Caesars Arena, which the Ilitch organization redeveloped into an upscale 92-unit apartment building.

It opened last December. Today, just two units are available."

"Article about the booming apartment market in Downtown, Midtown and New Center/Milwaukee Junction. Also, mentioned was that the old Cadillac Plant at 450 Amsterdam in New Center will be turned into 92 apartments."

I still say Target should be built without waiting on the slow moving but possibly never going to be developed condo that Target will share parking lots with

The Mid - Still vacant lot

Petit Bateau [[I think this is the one near DIA) - Was there over summer and lot was still filled with trees doubt there has been any progress

City Club Apartments Midtown - Still parking lot

AC Hotel - Still parking lot

There has been road/infrastructure work on Eliot Street between AC Hotel and City Club Apartments for a while now, but not sure if it is directly related to either projects.

Brewster Douglas Development - Still vacant

City Modern - Construction of last units hasn't started, but looks like facade is going up on 2nd to last set of units. Likely City Modern won't be able to wrap up till late 2023 [[wow 7 years of construction).

Brush + Watson - Last center tower is not up yet

From the article below makes it kind of hard to believe that there is high demand since some of the Midtown projects have been taking so long. Corktown developments on the other hand have been moving quite fast in comparison. Like the Formosa and Red Arrow Lofts have been announced Q3 of this year with plans to break ground Q1 of 2023. Most of the listed Midtown Development projects in comparison were announced pre-pandemic.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...007/?gnt-cfr=1

"The Platform CEO Peter Cummings said at the grand opening that even he was surprised by how quickly Woodward West filled up.

"I don’t know how to put in context how extraordinary that is, because I’ve developed in a lot of different markets, growth markets in Florida and North Carolina, and the performance of this project really outstrips them all," Cummings said.

Sue Mosey, executive director of Midtown Detroit Inc., said after the event that the building's location at the threshold of Midtown and downtown likely helped its popularity, plus the fact that it is new construction.

Another relatively new and closely watched development that has mostly leased up is The Eddystone, a 13-story former hotel at 110 Sproat St. near Little Caesars Arena, which the Ilitch organization redeveloped into an upscale 92-unit apartment building.

It opened last December. Today, just two units are available."

"Article about the booming apartment market in Downtown, Midtown and New Center/Milwaukee Junction. Also, mentioned was that the old Cadillac Plant at 450 Amsterdam in New Center will be turned into 92 apartments."

Be patient folks. Developers of these projects take time, investors and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    What happened to that development that was supposed to go on behind the art museum? Has that started yet?
    Are you referring to the Cultural Center Planning Initiative?
    https://www.midtownculturalconnections.com/
    https://www.ccpi.online/
    I'm sure COVID has put this project behind its original schedule. But these websites may be useful in receiving updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Are you referring to the Cultural Center Planning Initiative?
    https://www.midtownculturalconnections.com/
    https://www.ccpi.online/
    I'm sure COVID has put this project behind its original schedule. But these websites may be useful in receiving updates.
    No I'm talking about this development, "Petit Bateau".

https://www.petitbateaudetroit.com/

^^ Thanks for the clarification and the link. So the block east of Peck Park, and a couple blocks behind the CCS campus. I've seen the other developments by Naileh, LCC. Hope this one moves along!!

Hot off the press from Crains Detroit. Construction on the City Club Apartments will begin in December.

Construction on Detroit's new Target, nearly 350 apartments to begin in December

A Farmington Hills-based developer is seeking approval of brownfield reimbursements for a $103 million project that includes a new Target location in Detroit.A brownfield plan for the City Club Apartments Midtown project — which includes the small-footprint Target at Mack and Woodward avenues, plus 344 residential units across multiple buildings — says construction is expected to begin in December and wrap up in late 2024.
    The Target location was announced a year ago this month, and would become the Minneapolis-based retail giant's only store in the city. A Target location at 8500 E. Eight Mile Rd. opened in October 1987 and closed in August 2003.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...begin-december

Quote Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
    Hot off the press from Crains Detroit. Construction on the City Club Apartments will begin in December.

Construction on Detroit's new Target, nearly 350 apartments to begin in December

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...begin-december
    I wonder if Target is completed before the rest of the development will it be allowed to open eventhough the condo/apartment part haven't been completed yet?

Picture from the same Crains article. Hopefully, with a stop right in front, that will help the Q-Line get more passengers.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.51.15 AM.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  51.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Picture from the same Crains article. Hopefully, with a stop right in front, that will help the Q-Line get more passengers.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.51.15 AM.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  51.3 KB
    If this is the SoMack Development, then there already is a stop on Woodward and Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wonder if Target is completed before the rest of the development will it be allowed to open eventhough the condo/apartment part haven't been completed yet?
    Seriously, what is your obsession with this Target?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    If this is the SoMack Development, then there already is a stop on Woodward and Mack.
    Once completed, standing at this intersection, you could be fooled into thinking Detroit is a functioning urban center. What, with the large apartment tower, transit stops right in front of a department store, not to mention a Whole Foods and Starbucks right there.

As soon as I complain about the City Club Apartments in Midtown still being a parking lot a few days later they made an announcement to break ground. Funny thing is that last year I was complaining about how there is no Target in Detroit last and I drove all the way to Ann Arbor just to check out their Target urban format store in Downtown AA and a few days later Target announced it would bring a Target to Detroit.

Hopefully the AC Hotel and the Mid on Woodward also breaks ground soon and we can start having a sort of miniature Downtown in Midtown.

Is Roxbury group okay? AC hotel was supposed to be finished last year and they STILL haven't broken ground. Do they need help? Somebody check in on them. This is totally absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Seriously, what is your obsession with this Target?
    Uhhh bath, bedroom, kitchen,and living room accessories that are not presently sold in thr city

As soon as I complain about the City Club Apartments in Midtown still being a parking lot a few days later they made an announcement to break ground. Funny thing is that last year I was complaining about how there is no Target in Detroit last and I drove all the way to Ann Arbor just to check out their Target urban format store in Downtown AA and a few days later Target announced it would bring a Target to Detroit.

Hopefully the AC Hotel and the Mid on Woodward also breaks ground soon and we can start having a sort of miniature Downtown in Midtown.
    Keep complaining. Maybe some other developments will come to fruition soon.

The Target store should get good circulation with the development of the 350 apartments at the site, Woodward West, the Ellington, and the rest of the Brush Park developments. That Target would be the closest one near me and I shop at Target often. Can't wait.

Oh that Target will be packed constantly. You can bet on it.

You didn't HAVE to drive. You could have taken one of the few decent public transit options - the A2D2 bus

https://d2a2.com/

Yes, especially if that Alamo Drafthouse Theater would have been built on the lot across the street from Woodward West!

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Oh that Target will be packed constantly. You can bet on it.
    Having a Target in the city would be more important than Gucci or Nike. I would love to see a Gardner White, Bright Ideas, or Restoration Hardware open a store in Midtown. A great spot would be where John King second bookstore were om Cass and I94 service Drive

I drove across the new Second Ave. Bridge over I-94 yesterday. I like how nicely if frames the Fisher Building.

Name:  2ndStreetBridge.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  67.5 KB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast