Quote Originally Posted by Onthe405 View Post
Thanks for the info on Waterford. There was also a stand-alone WT Grant built at the SE corner of Hall Rd & 53 Freeway circa '68-'69 that was later converted to a Kmart. The entire structure was subsequently leveled as mega-retail enveloped that corridor. A new Super Kmart occupied another parcel on the N side of Hall Rd for a period of time.

As for "Kmart Food", I am only familiar with the supermarkets being adjacent to a discount store [[then later incorporated into one building with the "Super Kmart" concept).

However, metro Detroit served as SSK's backyard petri dish. They experimented with stand-alone "Kmart Burgers", and "Kmart Gas", so a stand-alone "Kmart Foods" at 10/Dequindre circa '70 is possible. The building looks older than '70 to me, and most of the inner ring suburbs [[on the main corridors, anyway) were pretty much built out already by then.
10 and Dequindre briefly toyed with a food center, then became a Super K, I believe. Now Sears and K, whatever it is now, has no relation to either Sears or Kmart in my eyes.