Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Honky Tonk: Rep. Tlaib got endorsed by some nationwide progressive groups. That's where the "outside donations" came from. These are groups started after 2016 by Sanders supporters.

https://ourrevolution.com/candidates/rashida-tlaib/

https://www.justicedemocrats.com/candidates

When I click on the first link, it immediately asks me for a donation for "Medicare For All". No information on how the group plans to achieve that or who the people behind this group are. Or, if the money is going where they say it is. Tlaib doesn't seem to be working anywhere near as hard for Medicare for All as she is for a Palestinian state. The second link shows me candidates, that if I donate to and vote for, will buck the system currently in place, and change the planet for the better. I'm already supporting Tlaib, the COD, and many others by my non-tax deductible tax contributions, and I am not getting a lot of campaign promises fulfilled. Basically, because the problem seems to be those elected need even more money to do that. I think I'm starting to see a pattern develop. If I were still 22 and idealistic, I would probably be more susceptible to "the cause". But old age has a way of grounding one in reality, and making one more cynical. That's why ads are aimed @ the young and naive.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-20-19 at 07:51 AM.