Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    love to hear the parking will be below-grade and outsourced to that elliot street deck, looks like no additional surface parking at all, with all the ground space going to landscaping/gardening. it's a great look – and reason to forgive that the five-over-one is probably another tinderbox??

looks like we'll have a near-fully activated Woodward corridor from Mack/MLK to Fisher in a few years – all that's left will be the two lots at Temple/Woodward. that's pretty awesome!
    Older renders indicate a green roof on the Target space. With that and the courtyard it would make for a dramatic stormwater retention strategy and desirable views out of both residential buildings. Wonder if that made it through the VE process?

Wow, the rumor, the myth of many years is finally going to be reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Wow, the rumor, the myth of many years is finally going to be reality!
    it seems that Hell has frozen over.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    it seems that Hell has frozen over.
    Interesting fact that this City Target will be 32,000 square feet whereas the City Target in East Lansing is only 22,000 square feet. Having been in that store, it seemed large enough and functional enough for my liking so this is extra exciting for Midtown Detroit!

Speaking of City Target, it maybe a done deal...

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...troits-midtown

Finally!

looks like we'll have a near-fully activated Woodward corridor from Mack/MLK to Fisher in a few years – all that's left will be the two lots at Temple/Woodward. that's pretty awesome!
    There’s also a vacant lot on the southwest corner of Woodward and MLK. I’d imagine these three sites are pretty valuable so hopefully somebody’s working on development plans.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Finally!

There’s also a vacant lot on the southwest corner of Woodward and MLK. I’d imagine these three sites are pretty valuable so hopefully somebody’s working on development plans.

If I am not mistaken wasn't that site suppose to be an Alamo Drafthouse movie theater, but plans fell through due to "parking." Not sure why Emagine can't pick up that site instead of planning to build on an awkward lot at WSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    If I am not mistaken wasn't that site suppose to be an Alamo Drafthouse movie theater, but plans fell through due to "parking." Not sure why Emagine can't pick up that site instead of planning to build on an awkward lot at WSU.
    The Almao Drafthouse site was 102 Stimson St, but the plan died over a 15-yr, 300-space parking guarantee that Alamo wanted.
    Last edited by hybridy; October-25-21 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    The Almao Drafthouse site was 102 Stimson St, but the plan died over a 15-yr, 300-space parking guarantee that Alamo wanted.

Ah ok so it was the adjacent lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Ah ok so it was the adjacent lot.
    The lot I’m referring to is right at the corner. It has a disused parking lot and a billboard on it. The Alamo site was just west of there between MLK and Stimson.

Finally!

i think that's the site where they're building this. i dont think it's on google maps yet, but the website says finished next summer. last i went by they had a lot of the frame up, so it seems on schedule

i think that's the site where they're building this. i dont think it's on google maps yet, but the website says finished next summer. last i went by they had a lot of the frame up, so it seems on schedule
    Woodward West is being built on the next block south at the southwest corner of Woodward and Stimson. The site I was referring to is a small lot directly on the southwest corner of MLK and Woodward.
    Last edited by NSortzi; October-26-21 at 01:44 AM.

Now here comes the tricky part of about real estate investment projects:

1. Is there going to be folks wanting to rent, lease or buy the property?

2. Is City Target is going to fulfill on their promise to building their marketplace?

3. Will be the toughen up security to keep the riff-raffs out?

4. Will another possible national or biological crisis the halt the project?

If these things happen, the project will be scrapped and head back to the drawing board.

The lot I’m referring to is right at the corner. It has a disused parking lot and a billboard on it.
    That lot is owned by a Sam Kemerko. Oddly enough his current address is listed as 2870 Woodward which is First Unitarian Church of Detroit - which doesn't make sense.
    https://app.regrid.com/us#b=admin&t=...detroit/207544

Not much out there on him:
    https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2009...-in-waterford/
    Last edited by hybridy; October-26-21 at 08:57 AM.

I think that Target could be up and running by next year this time. Look how fast the Rivertown Market. The same type of security Gilbert has for Merchants Row could patrol the Target Wholefoods area to keep away the riff raff. Now the QLine could be put to good use by those residents living downtown using it to shop at Target

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I think that Target could be up and running by next year this time. Look how fast the Rivertown Market. The same type of security Gilbert has for Merchants Row could patrol the Target Wholefoods area to keep away the riff raff. Now the QLine could be put to good use by those residents living downtown using it to shop at Target
    I don't see them allowing the Target to open with high-rise construction not completed on the same site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3