Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
Gnome, I side with American workers and taxpayers. Try to have as much consideration for them as you do for illegal non-citizens and economic interests profiting from having an illegal non-citizen caste.
You could make a case that there are no harder American Workers than those from other countries.

I donÂ’t think you can hide behind the flag when that flag was made by generations of foreigners who came here looking for a better life.

My dadÂ’s side came her in 1885 and it took my Oma 30+ years to renounce the Kaiser and put her hand over her heart. 30+ years. She got married, had a litter of children, buried a non-citizen husband and never spoke more than a handful of English phrases.

That same story is told in almost every American family. It is the American experience. It has made us the country we are.

So, you want Oma to be deported because all she wanted was a better life. She wasnÂ’t fleeing persecution. Death threats. Famine. Oppression. She wanted her share of that American wealth.

Just like 11 million in the country tonight without papers.

But those are just facts. Bitterness can blind one to facts or make one selective it the facts they choose to believe.

You want those undocumented workers to hide in the shadows. Work for whatever they can get and thereby drive down the wages of Americans who have been here since there great grandparents sneaked into the country.

That what bitterness can do. It can blind.