Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

In respect of the two posts above...........

Can I remind folks that there is nothing to do with schools going on Berkley, ie. the subject of this thread.

There are no new gendered pronouns in their municipal code either. Not one.

This is what induces a certain measure of condescension from the well educated.......completely off-topic, fake-news, paranoia.

Yes, there are SJW folks who go to far, but they aren't in the story that is the subject of this thread.

Can we now bring this thread to a close please. Surely it has run its course.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post

Can I remind folks that there is nothing to do with schools going on Berkley, ie. the subject of this thread.
    Answer: yes

This is what induces a certain measure of condescension from the well educated.......completely off-topic, fake-news, paranoia.

Yes, there are SJW folks who go to far, but they aren't in the story that is the subject of this thread.

You are ignoring the humor involved by snowflakes intent on renaming things. I took the Berkeley story as an example of larger phenomena. Everyone knows what a 'manhole' is but what range of covers might 'maintenance hole cover' involve? Manhole is one word and is more specific. There are probably panels on a lot of machinery and airplane wings that can be removed for maintenance too. I would have opted for 'sewer lid' if I was offended by the term 'manhole'. Peggy Noonan addressed the larger PC Newspeak phenomena in her article [[link post 19).

That was my take on it. For certain it is a subject expansive in implication, and pending politic-to-policy!

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    ...You are ignoring the humor involved by snowflakes intent on renaming things. I took the Berkeley story as an example of larger phenomena.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-26-19 at 12:50 PM.

Actualy the two posts are relevant.

How did Hitler and others rise to power?

Conditioning,take a group of people and useing conditioning get them to comform to your way of thinking.

If they do not,pass laws and force them,in order to be successful we must all think as one,devoid of individual thought.

Religion preaches treat everybody as you would like to be treated.

Schools teach or are teaching that we are comprised of sub groups and we must take every sub group as a separate entity that has rules and regulations that must be followed.

Some sub groups seeking reconigition are doing it in a way that removes everybody’s identity so we are all as one like little drones.

So what it is called a man hole cover,just because you do not know if you are a man or a woman the rest of the world should change the way they think in order as to not offend you?

Guess what there are men and women and they also identify as a man or a woman,so they should stop identifying as such?

So what happens if you are a man that identifies as a woman,a man hole cover offends you,then you decide a few years down the road that you want to identify as a man,then you have no problem calling a man hole cover a man hole cover as it is no longer offensive.

In the meantime the rest of the world had to bend to your offensiveness.

A man hole cover actually has zero to do with gender,but because it reads man then it is gender related.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-manholes-called-manholes

So most of it is getting offended and forcing laws on others to comply when they do not know thier man hole cover from a maintenance hole in the ground.

How about if you are confused to what you are,maybe wait until you personally figure it out before forcing others to comply to your personal confusion.

The city changing terminology is no different then the links of school conditioning.

CV ask yourself,do you believe that in both Canada and the United States history taught in schools is accurate or is it taught in order to make you believe in the way they feel you should believe in.

Baby it is hot outside ....
    Last edited by Richard; July-26-19 at 01:35 PM.