Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I wouldn't mind seeing something that is a bit of a hybrid of Spirit Plaza and opening Woodward back up. You could limit the amount of lanes going through there, which would give you more space to programing in from the of the Spirit of Detroit and you can expand the esplanade to carry that through to Hart Plaza.

Either way they have to do it that makes it feel like a permanent addition and not something that is cheaply/temporarily put up. I don't feel too strongly about it staying or going. I am often irritated by the traffic when you have to go around to go north on Woodward there, but at the same time I have hung out in the plaza on more than one occasion and enjoyed it.

Well, it will become permanent now after all. Overall I believe this is a good move. I drive this area at all times of day and have never had a big issue with the change in traffic flow. With proper signage and timing of lights, I think this will be a positive move for the area.

http://theneighborhoods.org/story/oo...come-permanent