Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Just tried the make an appt. thing- next available appt. was Oct. 2! Tried another branch and their next available was Sept. 25th.
    Today I heard on WWJ news radio that the SoS is anticipating a flood of people applying for Real IDs before the October 2020 deadline. That might explain the backlog.

See my rant about Real ID.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-23-19 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Today I heard on WWJ news radio that the SoS is anticipating a flood of people applying for Real IDs before the October 2020 deadline. That might explain the backlog.

See my rant about Real ID.
    I missed your rant. In fact I don't recall ever hearing about it at all until I got my renewal notice. Are they forcing everyone to get this? The amount of documents they want you to bring is ridiculous. I have a passport, I don't know why I need "real id".

I missed your rant. In fact I don't recall ever hearing about it at all until I got my renewal notice. Are they forcing everyone to get this? The amount of documents they want you to bring is ridiculous. I have a passport, I don't know why I need "real id".
    If you have a passport you don't need one, but since you have a passport getting a real ID is easy. Just take your passport to the SOS and you'll be able to get the Michigan license with the gold star on it or a enhanced license. The first is good for domestic flights, the second for ground travel to Canada and Mexico.

And regarding the SOS wait times a huge thanks to the young lady that gave me her ticket on the way out of the Highland SOS the other day. I guess she could not wait any longer, but she saved me at least an hour! I have to admit I felt slightly bad about walking up to the front of all those still waiting, but not bad enough not to use it.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; August-24-19 at 05:46 PM.

A passport is currently said to be sufficient to apply for a Real ID. But who knows what His Highness, The Fickleness In Chief will require tomorrow?

I'd guess you're safe, Pam.

But this increased effort to differentiate between citizens and non-citizens is bound to sweep up some of the former into the latter and that's just wrong. The alleged need for citizens to prove their citizenship to their own government proves that their government is inept, or more likely, corrupt.

It's just an effort to open up loopholes allowing the administration to imprison domestic political enemies otherwise unassailable.

To put it simply, if a government didn't already know who's a citizen, then how would it know who to tax?
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-24-19 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    A passport is currently said to be sufficient to apply for a Real ID. But who knows what His Highness, The Fickleness In Chief will require tomorrow?

I'd guess you're safe, Pam.

But this increased effort to differentiate between citizens and non-citizens is bound to sweep up some of the former into the latter and that's just wrong. The alleged need for citizens to prove their citizenship to their own government proves that their government is inept, or more likely, corrupt.

It's just an effort to open up loopholes allowing the administration to imprison domestic political enemies otherwise unassailable.

To put it simply, if a government didn't already know who's a citizen, then how would it know who to tax?

I'm sure AZ has some kind of 12 step program to wean yourself off of the green kool-aid.