I hate to call it out, but the SOS system here in Michigan is absolutely horrific! I'm glad they have finally brought out some technology to help alleviate the wait [[Kiosks, online options and texting), but when it comes right down to it the counter is just a mess.

I remember being a bit dumbstruck by how inefficient our SOS is when I temporarily moved to Florida in the mid 2000's. I walked into their "Tax Collectors" office expecting a long wait to transfer my driver's license, plates etc. I walked out 20 minutes later with a new photo ID [[In my hands), plates for my car and officially a Florida resident. In 20 freaking minutes! In Michigan I would not even had made it half way through the line.

Last year I purchased a used vehicle in Virginia and the seller wanted to transfer the title at his local SOS. We were in and out of there in under a half hour and that was with a relatively complicated transfer as it was a commercial vehicle that had some unusual title issues.

More offices and more employees would help, but better use of the ones they have would be better. I know they have the texting service, but the two times I used it was totally unreliable.

The one thing I would love to see them do is add LED screens to the parking lots showing updated customer numbers. Sitting around the SOS with screaming kids and grumpy adults is not my cup of tea. I'd much rather have the option of waiting in my vehicle without the constant worry that I'm missing my number being called.