I had a rare morning.

First, I woke up and looked out my window [[high rise Downtown) and saw a horrible car accident at Adams and Cass. I don't think anyone was injured, but both cars were totalled. Luckily, no buildings were damaged, but one car ended up on the sidewalk, inches away from the office building behind the G.A.R. Building.

After that, I get into the elevator to go to work, and the elevator is almost full, it makes three more stops to let some more people on, filling th elevator and then continues it's slow descent. Around the 6th floor the elevator suddenly jolts and free falls two floors, skipping the fifth and stopping at the fourth. The elevator then free falls again giving us a little weightlessness feeling, and stops between the first and second floors where we remained stuck for a couple minutes before the elevator eventually starts again, goes up to the second floor and lets us all out.

We reported the incident, but I don't know if they did anything. The elevator in question was up and running when I returned home from work this evening.

I thought some of you would find this interesting.