Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Benton Harbor, ground zero of Whitmer’s troubling urban agenda

Closing Benton Harbor's ONLY HIGH SCHOOL??

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...da/1430232001/

From article:

The crisis in Benton Harbor, one of the poorest cities in the state, is exposing Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s administration as either callous or clueless about solving urban issues. The Democrat is determined to shut down the only high school in that majority black city, blaming poor academic and financial performance.

“I am worried about outcomes for kids. We’ve put a plan in place that will alleviate the debt,” Whitmer told me Tuesday afternoon. “I’m trying to avoid a dissolution of the district so Benton Harbor can maintain K-8, which is a lot more manageable.”

Whitmer’s explanation falls flat. What good is a district if it has no high school?
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-15-19 at 08:43 AM.