Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DEEGEE View Post
    Was the Art Center Hospital the Old Bowen residence or the building next to it in the old post card?
    According to the clip I posted, the mansion was remodeled into the hospital and then it merged with Zeigler Osteopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    According to the clip I posted, the mansion was remodeled into the hospital and then it merged with Zeigler Osteopathic.
    It's Zieger Osteopathic Hospital. The spelling on the postcard is wrong.
    I got curious the other night when a friend said she was born in Zieger Hospital at Michigan and Livernois in Detroit.

I found out that this Dr. Allen Zieger, who founded it, also founded Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills.

http://www.botsford.org/about/history/

Quote Originally Posted by lalynch View Post
    It's Zieger Osteopathic Hospital. The spelling on the postcard is wrong.
    I got curious the other night when a friend said she was born in Zieger Hospital at Michigan and Livernois in Detroit.

I found out that this Dr. Allen Zieger, who founded it, also founded Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills.

http://www.botsford.org/about/history/
    Botsford's history only lists their openings and acquisitions, not the closings. I vaguely recall Zeiger Hospital on Livernois, it was still open early 70's, but cannot seem to recall the building itself. Driving in that area, I thought it was maybe the Boy's Club building, but that can't be.

Botsford used to have a big photo and bio of Dr. Zieger in the lobby doorway. I wonder if it was removed or photoshopped? It was funny seeing his pic in the lobby, with him smoking a cigarette.