Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

The best thing I can say about Comerica is that it is inoffensive. It is a watered down version of all of the retro ballparks and it really brought nothing new or exciting to the table. The only thing I would say that it really has going for it is the view of downtown. That will never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    The best thing I can say about Comerica is that it is inoffensive. It is a watered down version of all of the retro ballparks and it really brought nothing new or exciting to the table. The only thing I would say that it really has going for it is the view of downtown. That will never get old.
    The parking lot out front is really what grinds my gears. If it had Woodward frontage or a small setback that stretch could be truly vibrant. The parking lots - blocks away from acres of parking behind the Fox Theatre - are too small to be meaningful, yet just large enough to give the tiny urban core we do have that oh-so-magical 10-mile road and Hoover je-ne-sais-quoi charm. It's like Paris in the springtime. Only white-trash-with-money like the Illitches could bring you such grandeur. Fuck them and fuck Metro Detroit, frankly.

One more on Twitter.