good morning.

so i've been lurking on this board for years and loving it, but i've finally got a question that someone else hadn't asked.

i moved to brooklyn for a job three years ago, so i'm somewhat out of touch with the nightlife in the city so i'm hitting you guys up for advice. i'm planning a bachelor party for my brother and was looking for bar suggestions. it'll be september 19th, so if there are any events, i'd appreciate info about those as well.

the plan is to tailgate, then go to the UM/EMU game and then head back to our homebase/hotel [[got a room at the book cadillac). from there, we'd want to a decent dinner. quality food, but not stuffy atmosphere. there are tons of places like this in nyc [[where i live) and la [[where he lives), where you can get a great meal, but won't be looked at funny for wearing jeans and tennis shoes. any suggestions within walking distance or a short cab ride of the book? after dinner we're going out, but no clubs or cheesy bars. probably start at foran's since the owner is a good friend of a friend and i haven't been there since when he just started working on it, and then go from there. any similar bars with a good scene and laid back, style would be great.

thanks again [[for the advice here and all the posts i've been reading for years)