Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

Several years ago, I think I remember hearing reports that Preservation Detroit was going to invest in making the Orsel McGhee home on Seebalt an historic site. Did anything come of those plans?
    Thanks.

As a Preservation Detroit member and volunteer tour guide, I've heard the McGhee house mentioned numerous times in discussions and emails from the group. But I haven't heard any recently.

In the meantime, this is good news!
    https://www.michiganbusiness.org/press-releases/2020/08/$30000-grant-will-be-used-to-document-two-significant-civil-rights-sites-in-detroit/

I am glad to see that the National Park Service has granted funds to commemorate two more sites in Detroit linked to the long struggle for civil rights: the McGhee home on Seebalt and the Sojourner Truth housing complex. Last year, the National Park Service awarded a much larger
    grant to commemorate Dr. Sweet's home.

Yes. Awesome news! Thank you for all that you do Kathleen. This is another example of DetroitYES!!

Nice memorial to Dr. Sweet on the Findagrave site. Buried in Florida; bit of a surprise.
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...ssian-h_-sweet

There needs to be a TV mini series produced on the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2