Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I would have MUCH preferred Dwayne Haskins, light a fire under Staffords ass. Hopefully put an end to the Matt Stafford era.
    That being said I feel terrible about Stafford’s wife. I hope she has a speedy and complete recovery. She seems like a really nice lady.

Same ole Lions since 1991.

5-11 this year no play-offs this year folks. Sorry!

Same ole' Lions. The offense was horrible. And the Defense is like playing flag football. The fans cried BOOOO at Ford Field.

Just to be sure that their football careers are on the line. Their pre-season for the prospects could be their last season. The Lions will keep those who can play football and leave your commitments in the closet.

Same ole Lions losing games since 1991.

Way to go Lions. Keep on losing Texans 30 Lions 23!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Who is our Commissioner this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

I miss the days when we had our own playpen to discuss all things Lions, a space far away from the prying eyes of the uninitiated, the uninformed, the unbaptized.

But that aside, who is our Fearless Leader and when will the official season prognostications be entered into the ledger?

Asking for a friend.

This is the 2019 Lions Thread. It's all encompassing, so feel free to leave your prediction right here where it belongs.

I'll start.....
    Normally my season predictions range from 10-6 to 6-10. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say 4-12. I look at it this way. The Lions offensive line got taken to town by two teams in the North, Minnesota & Chicago. I don't see anything that occurred to change that during the off-season except supposedly losing your best lineman [[Lang). One injury to the O-line and Stafford's running for his life again. I watched Taylor Decker let another guy get to the QB untouched last week. 'nuff said. Your two skill guys are RB Johnson and WR Golladay, and history suggests neither will complete the season. At this point in his career, Stafford has a 50/50 shot of rebounding from an off year, or he's now on the decline. We have a new offense, the same unproven rookie coach, and a GM who has proven nothing. 2nd year rebound ? I say decline, and I beg to be wrong. Just looking at the schedule dictates a 1-4 start.

I'll say one thing positive. It's very early, but it seemed to me that our 1st round pick was the most coordinated and athletic guy on the field for our offense during the last game.

Are there tee shirts still available that declare:
    DETROIT LIONS
    REBUILDING SINCE 1957

Way to finish the pre-season. Putty tats Lions 0-4. [[CLEAVELAND 20 LIONS 16) Keep on losing!! Waiting for 0-16.

OH well!! [[sigh) Same Ole' Lions!!!

Now who is going to cut from the Lions?

Same Ole' Lions can't win a simple football game. But at least they tie!!!! with Arizona blew a commanding lead, too. Bad ole' putty tats. Ties don't win games. 1 down 15 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Same Ole' Lions can't win a simple football game. But at least they tie!!!! with Arizona blew a commanding lead, too. Bad ole' putty tats. Ties don't win games. 1 down 15 to go.
    ?? Arizona never had the lead. The Lions blew it. Up 18. A tie is just as bad as a loss, IMO. This season is a lost cause already. Arizona is one of the few games they should win. Their remaining schedule is murder.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-09-19 at 09:33 AM.

At last a LIONS win 1-0-1. Two down 14 to go.

Lions did something that haven't done since 1999 win two games in the row. 27-24 2-0-1 14 to go. It's about time but they still a long way to go.

Lions did something that haven't done since 1999 win two games in the row. 27-24 2-0-1 14 to go. It's about time but they still a long way to go.
    ??????????

Here come the same ole' Lions, playing like the Bad News Bears!!! However it was a close game. But I smell an Aaron Rodgers cheating play came in. And the Lions offense couldn't shake it off. Sorry Stafford nice try It's always next year. We see them if Ford Field. 2-2-1, Six down 10 to go.

Some Ole Lions LOSERS, LOSERS, LOSERS since 1991!!! Bad Ole Putty tats. Lost to the Vikings 42 to 30. Sloppy game. 2-3-1 Six down 10 to go. Awful defense and more excuses at the end.

Close call Lions 31-26 3-3-1

7 down 9 to go.

Close call Lions 31-26 3-3-1

7 down 9 to go.
    I should have put money on this game. You know once they're out of it and the pressure is off it's a guaranteed win.

I'm still trying to figure out how trading the best CB we've had in a generation makes us a better team.

We've beaten and lost to who we're supposed to so far this season, and even the worst skeptics [[that's me) would have to admit that every game has been very entertaining to watch. They've also proven they're not a playoff team. The NFL hasn't changed that much. If you can't run or stop the run, there isn't much good that's going to happen to you.

The trading of Diggs hurt team morale because he conquered himself. He was an over-achiever, and his teammates witnessed him work hard and improve his game. He earned his role and place on the team. He had a slow start this year, but so did all of his defensive teammates. Point being, I don't think one guy on that defense thinks any different than Slay about that trade...he just had the nerve and capital to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    He had a slow start this year, but so did all of his defensive teammates.
    Therein lies the problem. A slow start over seven games is something that can be overcome in other professional sports [[baseball, hockey, basketball), but the same slow start in the NFL means that basically half the season is in the books. Bottom line, teams or units on a team cannot afford such slow starts. Teams that win figure out a way not to have them.

Who knows? Maybe the trade of Diggs was a way to try to send a message to the other men on that defense telling them that a seven game 'slow start' is simply not acceptable, and that the players will be held accountable.

I remember when Bobby Ross would rant and rave [["I don't coach that stuff!") after games when the players failed to execute anything that they had learned during practice that week. All the screaming and hollering did nothing to get those players to step it up. There's only so many times a coach can repeat the same thing over and over before he has to try a different way to get his message through.

Same ole putty tats, blew a 3rd and Goal game winning touchdown for a cheap Pop Warner inside pass play. They should had done an 'I' formation and a good running game for a TD. BAD NEWS LIONS!!! LOSERS, LOSERS, LOSERS since 1991. SAME OLE LIONS!!! 3-4-1 Eight Down, eight to go!!!

Bad news Lions can't even beat the Bad News Bears! 20-13. Same ole' bad ole' putty tats 3-5-1. Oh well keep up the bad work Lions! losing games since 1991. Nine down seven to go.

Give it up Detroiters!!! We do not have a football team anymore.

Same ole Lions!!! Still losing games. Can't even round up the Cowboys 35-27 3-6-1 Ten down six to go. Bad ol' putty tats. They are done!!!

Lions do not need Kaepernick! Keep him out!!!

Lions do not need Kaepernick! Keep him out!!!
    Hire Kaepernick. Might as well. Alternate games with him and Stafford next year. Stafford should rest for the remainder of the year. Back issues are no joke.

Same ole' Lions took the lead and then scalped by the Redskins 19-16

3-7-1 Bad ole putty tats!! Losing games since 1991. Patricia will be out soon. Eleven down five to go. No hunt no playoffs.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast