Nah, the Lions will keep Quinn & Patricia at least through 2020, maybe '21. While I wasn't convinced of either guy's genius when hired, and even less so now, the case can be made that it sometimes takes 3-4 years to implement a new management/coaching philosophy. I think the key is next year, Patricia's third. Anything close to respectability---say, 8 wins at least, considering a softer schedule and another offseason's worth of draft picks, trades, and free agent signings---will buy time, another season or two.

But if the Lions collapse again next year---say only 4 or 5 wins---I see Patricia being asked to pack his pencil case and leave town. But Quinn will stick around since he'll honcho the search for [[yet another) new coach that will "return the Lions to glory" [[or whatever bullshit the front office spouts).

Then again, these are the Lions. When you think about all the dark years and obvious signs of incompetence during the Russ Thomas and Matt Millen eras---and still those clowns were not only allowed to stay on, but got contract extensions---you just gotta shake your head. Who said it---"What's a guy gotta do to get fired around here??"

The bottom line: Patricia can't fuck up 2020.

Maybe he should shave that beard for good luck. Could fill a couple mattresses with that hair.