Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Buddy Parker, Bobby Layne, Doak Walker, Leon Hart, Les Bingamon...... Where are you guys when we need you sooooooo bad?
    There was some type of Bobby Layne curse. I’m not sure of the particulars, but I think it’s come true.

SAME OLE' LIONS, BAD OLE PUTTY TATS! LOST FOR THE THEIR THIRD GAME AGAINST THE BILLS 24 to 20 Their season is done already !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    SAME OLE' LIONS, BAD OLE PUTTY TATS! LOST FOR THE THEIR THIRD GAME AGAINST THE BILLS 24 to 20 Their season is done already !!!
    I won't say that the season is done already.

When the Lions went 0-16, they won all of their preseason games.

So I will not say that the Lions season is already written in stone. After all, preseason games aren't counted, and they are nothing more than practices between teams that are televised for the fans to see.

I'm going to be generous with my predictions:

9-7 for the season.

This is what I'm hoping for. Even though they have never went to a Super Bowl, and have won a few NFL championships before the curse of Bobby Layne, the team has little excuses for why they aren't winning other than their own incompetence.

The curse of Bobby Layne was only suppose to last 50 years. Those years are over. The Lions have no excuses now. They have to start acting like a winning team, and they have to play like one.