Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
I can watch the other sports when there's no hope for the playoffs but not football. You can still look at how younger players are developing for the future in other sports but with the NFL, with half the roster turning over every 2 years, it's playoffs or bust. It's also the reason you should be able to turn things around pretty quickly. Buffalo was a total joke 2 years ago. I guess it applies to everyone but the Lions.
It could happen next year with the Lions, though I wouldn't bet the fair on it [[mostly cuz I don't own a farm). The positive signs are that they have been in every game so far this season---actually led in every game---so there's that. They've been competitive, even though they obviously don't know how to close the deal.

I'm thinking another year to acquire new bodies and things to jell philosophically, combined with the softer schedule they'll get because of their lousy record, might---might---be enough to get them over .500 and into the playoffs.

Then again, I'm thinking Salma Hayek is gonna ask me to spend a week with her in the South of France. We'll see which fantasy happens first.